Anyway to activate Mehrunes Razor Quest WITHOUT the courier

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 5:01 am

I am level 40 and I still don't have the quest to visit the Dawnstar Museum. Maybe I got the courier message and sold it by mistake...or maybe I just never got it. Either way, I can't seem to find anyway to talk to Silus Vesuius. His house is locked and you can't even lockpick it to get in.

Any ideas?

I'm starting to think Silus Vesuius is dead.
Maddy Paul

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 pm

The message from the courier does not start the quest, it is only used to pique your interest to go to the museum. So just go to the museum and talk to the guy.
Nauty

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:39 pm

That's the problem. Silus' House is locked and it requires a key to open. Silus is nowhere to be found around Dawnstar. I kept waiting an hour at a time out front of his house and he never showed up.

The museum and Silus' house are the same thing right?
suzan

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 11:02 am

Yes, Silus' home is also the Museum of the Mythic Dawn. You don't need the courier to start the quest, but the fact that Silus is MIA for you means you can't start the quest or break into his house since he's the only one with a key. He's supposed to be just outside talking to the court wizard when you arrive for the first time, and she does have a dialogue option regarding him I'm fairly sure but I don't know if it's only when she's walking back to the Pale Hall from Silus' house. I did dig something up about how if you go to either Dead Crone Rock or Cracked Tusk Keep prior to starting the questline, clear it and kill the dungeon bosses at the end, it becomes impossible to finish the quest. Doesn't say impossible to start the quest though so it's up in the air.

Unfortunately, Silus is NOT marked essential, so he may have died somewhere in between (maybe during a dragon attack, or if you riled the guards up they may've fired at him outside his house at which point he would attack them,) etc. There's not a lot of information on this specific glitch, and since there's no Hall of the Dead in Dawnstar, it's hard to say whether it's a bug or just really really bad luck.
phillip crookes

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 am

Looking at my map, I haven't cleared either of those dungeons so I should be good there. But I did kill nearly every guard in Dawnstar one time because I got caught doing a Dark Brotherhood assassination. SIlus may have been involved, but I don't remember.

That's a shame because now I will be 1 Daedric Artifact short of 15.

If anyone has any ideas...let me know.
Catherine N

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 pm

Well, there is a way to get 2 artifacts at once during a Daedric Quest. Search in the wiki to see how
Bloomer

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 5:13 am

I know what you're talking about, but I've actually already done that quest and only got 1 daedric artifact so I think it's too late. That may not even count towards the achievement.
Melly Angelic

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:08 am

If you took the ring, it's worth going back to the cave. If Sinding is still there, you should be able to skin him, and it does count towards the achievement. (At least it worked for me.)
Kevin S

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:05 am

Well that's good to know that it counts towards the achievement. I actually took the skin the first time so that's out of the question. But, I might be able to revert back to a previous save to get both.

It's just frustrating getting all the pieces and then not being able to get that last thing to complete it.
Rudi Carter

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Just to get back to you guys...I've had no luck with any of the above "solutions."

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if Bethesda somehow fixes this.
Angelina Mayo

Return to V - Skyrim