Can't recruit Preston Garvey as companion

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:58 am

Hi all, I wanted to achieve some companion perks but I'm having issues with Preston.

I made lots of quests for Minutemen but eventually I sided the Brotherhood of Steel in the main quest line. Now when I talk to Preston he only says, and always repeats, about the fall of the Institute and why I didn't evacuate civilians...and usually he walks away while he's talking...

After the Nuclear Option I could get the Castle mission and all the Minutemen radiant quests but I can't talk to him normally like other companions nor recruit him.

Suzy Santana

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:26 am

You did missed alot. After the Concord thingie and Preston and Co. went to Sanctuary. You need to complete the quest "first step" and then hire him as companion. If you are deep into MQ, he is not available as companion anymore.

Cheers,

-Klevs

Ricky Rayner

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Thanks, I didn't think I could do something awfully wrong that time.

I don't remember how those quests were named but I followed the Concord group to Sanctuary, I did some mission for Sturges and sometime did some radiant quest for Preston.

So, wich was the no turning back point? When you build the teleport thing? And is it normal that he continues saying the same evacuation thing over and over again and nothing else?

Lillian Cawfield

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:16 pm

If you're in Sanctuary, you could mod some weapons using the workbench when he's near, and see if you get the "Preston likes that" message. If you do, you can keep raising his affinity that way without ever needing to use him as a companion, and eventually he'll talk to you about his stuff and give you the perk.

Myles

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:56 am

Thanks @Charsiupao. I'll try it now.

Marta Wolko

Return to Fallout 4