Can't remove workbench from Winstad Manor Cellar

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 am

As the title says

I'm nearly finished building Winstad Manor
And I suddenly realized the workbench is there in the cellar

One the carpenter workbench outside, it seems to think it's already removed
(Well It should have been removed, since I only keep one workbench active)

I tried using the add workbench, and went dowstairs, it was still there
I tried removing it again, when I verified it was still there

Itried adding/removing about 10 times
But no effect

The other workbench are fine

I left the cellar workbench ''disabled'' (even thought it shows up as active in the cellar)
and kept working upstairs, finishing my enchanter and library towers, and the trophy room

What worry me is that the game might be corrupt because of this

Is there any method to force the workbench to fix itself ?

Also upstairs, even thought only the main hall 3 workbench were active
I once got the bug where it propose to build objects you already built

Could the trophy room be interfering (maybe those special displays have scripts ?)
jesse villaneda

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 pm

What worry me is that the game might be corrupt because of this

The game won't corrupt because the workbench is there. The issues with it is it can get in the way or clip with something in the house. Neither of these apply to the workbench in the basemant. Leave it in place and it will be no problem.

3 workbenches in the main hall are normal. Well, I think there are two, one downstairs, one up. There might be a third, can't remember, but mine went away, so I never counted them.

The workbench is an activator, unless you activate it, it does nothing but take up space. However, if you want to get rid of it, then use the console to disable it. Open the console, click on the workbench, type disable. Note, if you do not click on the workbench, you are disabling something in the game, just not the workbench.
how solid

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 pm

On the Xbox 360 you will also get stuck with that Windstad cellar workbench if you only partially furnish the cellar, both my characters have it and it has never caused a problem, just have it disabled. Make use of it and stick something on it, or delete it with the console command. The Main Hall has three workbenches, one in the back room, one in the bedroom area and one in the hall area, you should have no trouble removing them. If you want to try a possible workaround for a stuck workbench, you can try enabling the cellar workbench, accessing the outside workbench as if you were still building the house, and then try removing the cellar workbench. That worked a few times for me, but once I left so much out of the cellar, I was stuck with the thing.

The bug with the internal workbench list resetting is only a problem if you waste all your materials making what you have already made. It is possible making multiple versions of things can lead to problems with the house as well. It will happen when you reload that area by leaving the house, or going to the cellar, does not matter what you have built or how many workbenches you have in the house. Accessing the workbench again will usually get you the right list, but occasionally things you have not built can be absent, or you build it and it does not turn up. It is best to furnish the entire room in one go to avoid the bug.
Robert Jr

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:44 am

its the only work bench that won't remove from mine even though it says its removed.

But I'm not getting any CTD or anything so... so far so good. I got a lot of stuff down there.
Charlotte X

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks guys, :clap:

It's reassuring that I'm not the only one with that problem
Odd it's just in Winstad that it happened

On my side I got impatient, and reloaded the game just before I built.
I already had most materials because of leftovers from Heljarchen Manor
So I'm not really starting from scratch

I'll try rebuilding slowly, one room at a time and immediatly disabling the workbench

First time arround, because I had all the materials,
I built all the outside (halls, wings, etc) and then disabled all workbench
and started building the interior from there
I thought it may have been the cause

***Open the console, click on the workbench, type disable.****

Wouldn't that disable it forever ?
Like all my manor, I'm still strugling to get all those amulet for the shrines
But I prefer to have all workbench disabled untill I got a full enought stach of new material
for awkward stuff like sabrecat tooth, large antlers, and of course those amulets.

It's just my way to make sure I don't get more than one workbench up at a time
Especialy in Windstad because the trophy room is full of scripts

I'm thinking of delaying building those trophy bases until I got the material to finish them

It's funny, my computer has no issue running on Ultra, Hearthfires seems to add some extra stress, maybe on the cpu side

***you should have no trouble removing them***

yep, they're ok. I just meant the bug showed up, it usually never show up when only one workbench area is active
So I was surprised and wondered what caused it to show up
I just exited the menu, activated that workbench and it was normal again
I assumed the trophy room trophy bases is what put on extra stress
they must be scripted too

***The bug with the internal workbench list resetting is only a problem if you waste all your materials making what you have already made***

Yep, I got that on my test character. I'm more carefull now.

*** If you want to try a possible workaround for a stuck workbench, you can try enabling the cellar workbench,
accessing the outside workbench as if you were still building the house, and then try removing the cellar workbench. That worked a few times for me,***

you mean activating the cellar workbench might reset it state,
allowing the exterior carpenter workbench to do its job correctly ?

I didn't try that. If I get that same bug again on my attempt to rebuild Winstad,
I'll keep that in mind.

For now I'm crossing my fingers and hope all goes well this time arround.
I might even go hunting those deeers and sabrecats to make sure everything is
as finished as possible before I do the wings and cellar

Now that you mentioned it, I wonder if the fact that, despite disabling the workbench,
most rooms had a lot of unbuilt stuff may have had a negative impact

***its the only work bench that won't remove from mine even though it says its removed.***

yep, it was doing the same thing for me. no crash. still anoying.
that barel beind the workbench s my official dwemer junk container, in all houses
so the workbench is really anoying for me :shocking:

all my houses share a sort of common organisation, so I don't get lost
and then each have its speciality (armory, alchemy, enchanting/library)
but that speciaity affect mostly the wings

Again, thanks for the feedback. I was worried I did something really wrong there.

Third manor, finally !
Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 pm

UPDATE

THE BUG IS REAL

Despite building one part of the house at a time, and only keeping one workbench active only when needed
(except the main hall, which got 3 workbenches)

So, despite all this, proceeding slowly and carefelly
When I built the cellar and finished most of it (except the shrines, I'm looking for amulets)
... that workbench won't go away

verry anoying

of course I can't use the console to remove it,
otherwise I won't be able to finish those shrines

crossing fingers, hoping building the shrines solve the issue

I don't understand why this happen, none of the other cellars has that problem

And it's not trophy room interference, because I didn't built that wing yet, this time arround ...
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 am

You can just leave the workbench there until you build the shrines, then you will probably be able to remove it if you put most of the other furnishings in. Having multiple workbenches in the house is only a problem for a few people with Lakeview Manor. And that is usually because they leave the workbenches in there after the house is furnished, or they move in before finishing the furnishing and have all the workbenches still there.
Valerie Marie

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 am

You can just leave the workbench there until you build the shrines, then you will probably be able to remove it if you put most of the other furnishings in. Having multiple workbenches in the house is only a problem for a few people with Lakeview Manor. And that is usually because they leave the workbenches in there after the house is furnished, or they move in before finishing the furnishing and have all the workbenches still there.

thanks for your advice !

Yep, for now I left that workbench on
It's not in the same interior cell, so it probably don't impact other workbench, but I keep them disable for now

how many items did you have unbuilt when you manage to disable it ?

It's really weird Winstad is the only manor with that bug, I would expect the 3 cellar cells to be the same. maybe they forgot to modify one variable correctly in the winstad scripts

well, at least that manor got the enchanter tower and library tower finished, that's the core functionality for that manor.
I'll be waiting for the trophy room
Kara Payne

Return to V - Skyrim