Check "PC Level Mult" Not working?

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi all,

I am starting to pull my hair out now, after multiple tests and even completely duplicating an existing NPC I cannot for the life of me get NPC's to level with the player properly.

I am trying to create a mod where my summons will start at level 1 and work their way up the levels as I do only slightly behind and also gain new spells/abilities as they go.

For example:
Flame Atronach
Level Mult: 0.90
Level Min: 1
Level Max: 20
PC Level Mult: Tick
Auto Calc Stats: Tick
Class: EncClassBanditWizard

Fair enough, go into the game summon a Flame Atronach...
Bring up console, select it:

GetLevel: 16 (my test character is level 18)
Getav Health: 75 ????? This is the health of a level 1 Atronach
Getav Magicka: 100 Again same as a level 1!
Getav Destruction: 25 Great even the skills are wrong

Now if I set the Atronach to the following stats...

Flame Atronach
Level: 16
PC Level Mult: Not Checked
Auto Calc Stats: Tick
Class: EncClassBanditWizard

Now we have a completely different story...
Go into the game summon a Flame Atronach.
Bring up console, select it:

GetLevel: 16 (surprise surprise)
Getav Health: 210 Seams right
Getav Magicka: 190 Looks okay
Getav Destruction: 57 Hell even the skills look right now.

I tried duplicating an NPC (Alea the Huntress) because I knew after testing that she would level her stats and skills properly as I levelled by using the same console commands, but once again the second I placed the replica at my location and checked the stats they were all at level 1!

To duplicate the NPC I just changed the "ID" and it asked if I wanted to create a new form ID
To make the new NPC appear at my location like I did with the original I used "player.placeatme 07006EBA" where 7 is the load order of this test mod.

Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong, I am also having problems with Spell Level Lists, ignoring the fact that once you edit or create one the levels scale from highest to lowest top to bottom which stops the "preview" working, but I have tried giving certain NPC creatures natural resistances at higher levels to make the game harder tactically but after constant testing they are not taking effect either!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
maddison

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:27 pm

I had problems creating summons that properly scale too. The only way I can think is to have say 20 creatures, one for every 4 levels or so, and a ton of conditions. But that's no fun. Perhaps SKSE will eventually have some functions that can be used to set the health/magicka of summons.

Or you could give the summon a scripted item that fortifies attributes based on the players level. That should work.
Adrian Powers

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 pm

I just tested on my summons, when I summon them, their stats are correct, then when I change level with player.setlevel, their getlevel level changes, but their stats do not change, however if I summon a new one his level and stats will be correct.
Tinkerbells

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:05 am

@ AliTheLord : I never thought of that, good idea :-)

@ Xtynct : Really? Maybe one of my custom mods are interfering with this one and stopping the leveling stats changing, looking at the description above is there anything I have missed that would stop the stats leveling with the player because when I getlevel the summons level is always ok its just the stats and skills?
Killah Bee

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Same problem.
Health, magic and fatique of new created NPCs for some reason, does not change (is not correct), while the level corresponds to the level of player. The solution is the console command "setlevel 0", "setlevel 1000". Looks like another glitch in the game.
April D. F

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 am

So anyone have any ideas on how to get 'PC Level Mult' to work?

Like what's already been said, I tried putting an NPC into the game but the stats are incorrect even though the level is the same as the player. I tried using the console commands 'setlevel 0' and 'setlevel 1000' and that manages to correct the skill levels, I think... Don't know for sure since my character is level 72 so my NPC's skills should all be 100 or at default anyway. But although the skill levels seem correct, the attributes for HeaIth, Magicka, and Stamina remained the same, or even dropped.

I also tried using PlaceAtMe and a summon spell based off of summon familiar, but both methods didn't work. I tried taking a look at how the housecarls are set up, but I don't see any difference, other than the fact that they start out disabled and then get re-enabled afterwards.

I also went and checked out the stats of all my housecarls too. Except for Lydia, all my housecarls are at their maximum stats and skill levels. Lydia was stuck with under 250 health and none of her skills were over 45. I think this is because I got Lydia around level 20 or earlier, and I bought the rest of my houses after I reached level 50. I managed to correct here stats and skills using the following console commands:

1. Disable
2. ResetReference
3. Kill
4. Resurrect
5. Enable

Tried the same with my custom NPC, but it didn't do anything.

I just downloaded the CMNewCompanions mod to check whether or not the custom followers worked properly. When I checked them, even though they were all level 72, their stats and skills were stuck at their default level 8 values.
Jason Wolf

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Usually doing a disable/enable will set their stats approptiately... Do you have a class chosen?
Steve Smith

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:53 pm

I had him set as CombatMageDestruction.
Nikki Morse

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Thats because the game is retrieving info from your savegame instead of your plugin. Start a new game and you shoudl see it. No way to reset it or remove it from the savegame atm.
Andrea Pratt

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:54 am

I had him set as CombatMageDestruction.

I set my Flame Atronarchs to ENCclassFlameAtronarch and the scaling works fine.
Maybe the class tells the NPC how it should level it's stats?
Colton Idonthavealastna

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:00 am

So anyone have any ideas on how to get 'PC Level Mult' to work?

Create a copy of your actor's race, then periodically, or when the player levels up (catch the event via Story Manager), set the actor's race to that copy, and then immediately back to their original race. SetRace() causes all stats to be recalculated.

I have updated the http://www.creationkit.com/Stats_Tab to reflect this.
Adam Kriner

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:08 am

Thanks for the fix. Just tested it out and it works perfectly. I used the carthorse race as the dummy race and it worked fine. Tried without using a Utility.Wait() between SetRace() commands and it worked fine. Tried it without the actor being loaded and it worked fine. :foodndrink:
celebrity

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:18 am

Hmm, that's interesting :D.
Josh Dagreat

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 am

I made a mod that has Ancestor Ghosts that scale with you; and they work properly.
chinadoll

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:31 pm

I encountered a problem with the setRace method... I attached the script to a dialogue option... sometimes it works... sometimes it makes the npc stuck... stuck like it can't move but able to talk and animate (even walking animation) but you cannot interact with it... do any of you know what causes this?
Phillip Brunyee

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:22 pm

hmm, does your script only do the setRace? Maybe something in the script freezes the actor.
Sophie Morrell

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:18 am

just to clarify, the npc doesn't necessarily freeze, it just doesn't move... but it still talks and animates... yeah my script only contains this:
Race actorRace = akSpeaker.GetRace()akSpeaker.SetRace(WoodElfRaceCOPY)akSpeaker.SetRace(actorRace)

Testing it on faendal only for the time being

EDIT: It seems to only last for a short while... faendal sorts of like spawns again and he's back to normal
Jah Allen

Return to V - Skyrim