Close oblivion gates with a spell

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:15 pm

I have been playing Oblivion for about a year now and I'm just now getting into using mods for my game. I wanted to know if there was mod spell to close oblivion gates and stillget the sigil stones. Thanks in advance for any advice or assitance.
Donald Richards

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Now why would you want to cheat in such a way (for that's what you are asking)?

But if you really want to know I suggest you search for yourself: http://search.yacoby.net/.
Lori Joe

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm

I am not aware of any mod like that. There are some that include the ability to open gates though. You should know that there is a potential of messing up the Kvatch part of the main quest and possibly the Bruma one if you do try this.
brenden casey

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 pm

Now why would you call it cheating? A mod is a game enhancement for players to modify the game paly to their liking. I've already completed oblivion, guilds, and dlc a couple of times and want to change gameplay to my liking so it's not cheating. and as for the search it turned up nada. If all a new modder can expect is comments like this then there is no point in even bothering to join the modder community.
ladyflames

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:22 pm

I am not aware of any mod like that. There are some that include the ability to open gates though. You should know that there is a potential of messing up the Kvatch part of the main quest and possibly the Bruma one if you do try this.

I'm not planning on using it for the main quests I'd rather have it for the random gates and a way to build my sigil stone collection for pure enjoyment and not having to deal with blood works thirty or fourty times after multiple play throughs.
Danny Blight

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 pm

I think the best you can do is to use something like Supreme Magicka which gives you a levitate spell. Then you could levitate up the hill to the sigil tower. You could also use TLC in the console and do the same thing. You'd just need to toggle it off again before grabbing the stone :) I've thought about trying to figure out which cell the sigil keep is in and using COC, but the worlds are randomly generated and I wasn't sure I could figure it out. Lastly, there's a console command to close the current gate, but that won't give you the sigil stone.

Now all I do is only close the gates that are in my way as I travel around. I save before entering and if it isn't world 5 or 6 (as defined in the http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Planes_of_Oblivion#Random_Worlds), I reload and try again. Worlds 5 and 6 are the simplest to navigate in terms of reaching the keep and they are never city gates, so it reduces the tedium a bit. I also do the save and reload routine for the sigil keep itself. Dreaded Refuge and Gore Steeple are the smallest towers and when I'm really tired of closing gates, I will reload until I get one of these :)

I don't think there's any other way of dealing with the gates and getting the sigil stones. I suppose you could use CloseCurrentOblivionGate (the console command) and then use AddItem to add a sigil stone to your inventory...
maria Dwyer

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:00 pm

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33805

BTW I made the spell script to only be activated by a reference point "TPObjCheck == CloseOblivionGate" that means it should never work unless its a oblivion gate, but it will still cast on any door and give a stone. So its the engine not my scripting All fixed and works on all oblivion gates. :obliviongate:
James Potter

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Is the Oblivion plane created before or after you walk through a gate? Someone mentioned it was randomly generated.

I would think if after then you would have to walk into the gate. Then you could write a script that would find the sigil stone? Not sure it could see interiors, but if it is random then they would have predefined names on structures and things. Then it could identify the sigil stone and close the gate putting you outside the gate. Probably the same function used when grabbing the stone originally.

It could be fun to have the spell place you at the stone so you could fight a couple dremora is desired.

Or course someone else mentioned that you create a spell that closes the gate and gives you a random sigil stone.
Nikki Lawrence

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 pm

BTW that link above i got the download for the oblivion gate closer spell, i have not tested it, i only got a level 2 character that i been using just to test mods, i dont have any oblivion gates. Playing atm to try and get to the gates and test it

OK oblivion gate closer spell Tested and working, you have to cast it at the side arch walls, not the middle of the oblivion gate
Peter P Canning

Post » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks to Tigerpaw for the mod. After playing oblivion for about two years the gates are not annoying and it makes the game much more enjoyable, for me any way. Yay.
Averielle Garcia

Return to IV - Oblivion