Complete Command List

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 am

Well this got off onto many other topics.

I cant seem to find a thread I know I saw once about Console commands.

I've started using texture replacers - experimenting and so on. Finally needed the 4gb patch to aid my lame video card. Those 4096 rocks look good, but the system is complaining.

has anyone figured out the console commands for getting fps readout? In oblivion it was as simple as ~tdt ...sdt13

thanks
Bek Rideout

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 11:50 am

Also noticed they still have the
'ShowSpellMaking' command in there - even though it doesnt do anything.
Cagla Cali

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 am

They "remade" just enough to be able to defend if the Gamebryo creators came after them in court.

The fact the creators of Gamebryo went bankrupt and the new owners are a bunch of bankruptcy suits who wouldn't know code if you typed it in front of their faces helped plenty I'm sure.

This "new" engine is barely any better than the "old" one.

And has all the same nice little quirks, like the ridiculously bad physics for one example.

Instead of licensing a real engine made for the 21st century, they chose to keep polishing a turd in the hope a diamond would pop out ( and save themselves a license fee ).

Lol what? This updated engine is a lot better than before, especially in terms of graphical performance. The physics have nothing to do with the Creation/Gamebryo engine either, it's middleware (Havok Physics) and the fact that it's so bad is to blame on the default settings and/or the weight settings in the model NIF files. Besides, the physics have improved, where you would run straight ahead into the air when you would run down a stair in Oblivion, the character now keeps attached to the ground realistically.

Despite it's faults, there are also a lot of awesome features in this engine that are perfect for creating and modding an immersive open world game. But hey, the grass is always greener on the other side eh.
sarah

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 am

has anyone figured out the console commands for getting fps readout? In oblivion it was as simple as ~tdt ...sdt13
There isn't one anymore. If you want your FPS, install:

http://www.fraps.com
SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 3:34 am

Is it that there truly isn't one or is it that we may not know the new command?

I don't want 3rd party, but if I must.
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 11:19 am

Great list. Thank you. This should be on every PC players xmas stocking stuffing list.

Bump cause it is informative before this ends up in null city.
Jimmie Allen

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 10:42 am

wtf, I thought they said this was a new engine, why is it using fallout crap...
They said the graphics engine was totally re-written, which it is. The only thing they used from Gamebryo was the graphics part.

I see several others pointed this out, but since a few are still under the misconception that it's not true I figured it bears repeating.

I do find it amusing that stuff is in there though.
LuBiE LoU

Post » Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 pm

I am fairly certain they have a license agreement which allows them to develop their own improved engine based on the Gamebryo engine. They don't have exclusive rights on the code however so they can't sell the engine in all likely hood. Many game companies have full source code access to the engines so they can modify it directly as needed for their purposes.
Kellymarie Heppell

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 1:06 am

Because the only thing Gamebryo was the renderer which they remade themselves, that is why gamebryo is no longer on the box. They remade basically anything that wasn't theirs, and heavily upgraded everything else. So in effect, enough has changed to call it a new engine. Nearly everything about the engine was in house made, built on top of itself over the past ~12 years since morrowind was first being developed.

Sure its PR, but not bad PR. You people act like PR is always bad.

Are you part of the team who re-wrote the code?
Austin England

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 am

but thank you for the list, I still can't find the code that gives you perk points :D

There is no command for it, because perk points are most likely a global variable, same as the perk points you got in FO and NV. You can set global variables through the CS (at least that was the case with Ob/FO/NV)
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 1:23 am

TFOW and OLMP working?
Annika Marziniak

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 am

So am trying to figure a way via console commands to add mannequins to my house in windhelm
would
"
0x1025,,1,PlaceAtMe,,ObjectID~Count~Distance~Direction
"
work if we knew ObjectID
Bitter End

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim