Convincing the Followers of the Apocalypse

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 8:12 pm

How in the name of what ever god/gods there may or may not be, do i convincing the Followers of the Apocalypse to join an alliance with the NCR!!!!
This is a question floating around the internet yet no on this forums (as far as i can find, i did search)

So... anyone know? It is on the fallout wikia so I'm guessing some one knows...
James Hate

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

AFAIK this is not possible.

I'm pretty sure the FotA get screwed every time.

I've gone NCR and Independent and in neither one do you get to forge an "alliance" with the FotA. You can do quests for them and help them out but in the end... well, I said it already: they get screwed.
Alisha Clarke

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 10:06 pm

I was just about to post the same question!

Incidentally, this ending is not listed in the stategy guide, which might indicate the ending is a hoax or unattainable like the OTHER good Followers OTA ending from the first game...
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 5:48 pm

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings

I can't try it out, but hopefully someone else can.
Captian Caveman

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Not sure about the NCR but I do know that the FOTA can join you in the Independent storyline, seeing as how they are a key component in stabilizing freeside...
Robert Jr

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 12:43 pm

I did it on my playthrough. You can only do this as an independent with Yes Man.
Spoiler
You have to have an Idolized reputation with the FotA. Then go talk to Yes Man about starting up the final battle. You will have a dialogue option to go talk to the FotA first to recruit them into stabilizing Vegas - select it. Go talk to Julie Farkas at the Old Mormon Fort then return to Yes Man. This only affects the ending, as far as I know - they won't show up during the final battle at Hoover Dam.

Rachyroo

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 7:14 pm

The only way I have managed to get Followers to ally with NCR was by changing the requirements for that dialogue option to show up via GECK.

If you are on PC and really, really want the good ending you can open up the GECK and:

1) Load Fallout data from File -> Data as normal.

2) Click the + next to Actors in object window and then click on NPC.

3) Find Julie Farkas and double click her.

4) Click Dialogue and find "VFreeformFreesideVFSJulieFarkasTopic064" which should read like "I think the Followers should support NCR in the coming battle at the dam." and click it.

5) Now on the right side of the window look under Conditions and double click the first entry which should be "S GetGlobalValue Global'VStoryNCRState' >= 40.00 AND".

6) Now change the value from 40 to 3, click OK and close dialogue window.

7) Click to File -> Save and give the file a name of your liking.

8) Start up New Vegas launcher, click Data Files, enable your file and play.

Now if you go talk to Julie Farkas at the Mormon Fort when very close to passing the point of no return you should get the dialogue option that allows them to ally with the NCR. You also need to be a member of the Followers for that dialogue to show up.

I dont know the exact point where the dialogue option gets enabled but it worked fine for me when I tested this thing after completing "You will know when it happens". I got the good ending slide with Julie Farkas giving the voiceover and everything seemed to work just fine.
Joey Bel

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 11:41 am

How do you join the Followers though?
Jesus Lopez

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 10:50 pm

How do you join the Followers though?

once you are idolized julie farkas will ask you to join if you talk to her.
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 am

You join by obtaining an Idolized rep with the FotA, or rather get invited to join. - Edit: Replied by the post above.

I was kinda disappointed that I didn't have to convince Julie with some kind of skill check, much like how you don't need a check to:
Spoiler
convince her to work with the Garrets for medical supplies.

matt oneil

Post » Sat May 08, 2010 12:04 am

It's a bug. The option is in there but the game won't let you use it.

Using http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37311 fixed my problem. :)
Taylah Haines

Return to Fallout: New Vegas