A Daedra's Best Friend - Can't Find The Darned Burrow! :-( P

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Excuse me? Can anyone give me helpful advice please?

I'm trying to complete this quest
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:A_Daedra%27s_Best_Friend

I'm having really bad trouble trying to find - Rimerock Burrow! :( :sad:

I've searched lots of clips on youtube but none of them help! :sad:
I feel like banging my head against a brick wall right now!! :sad: :sad: :wallbash:

All the clips I came across on youtube just seemed like, as soon as they exited the first cave, they all then did fast travel to Rimerock Burrow. But I just do NOT understand that at all! :( You#re supppsoed to catually FIND..... a place before you can fast travel there!
I cannot do this yet as I have to find it first.

Can anyone help me please, and give me really good instructions on how to get there from the last place?
If I fail that, then is there anyone who woudln't mind making me a little video please on how to there?

I'm just about to tear my hair out over this right now, as I've searched and searched cannot find this damned place! :(

I woudl be very greatful if anyone here would be able to help me locate the place, as I've had no such darned luck so far! :(

This burrow just HAS to be the most IMPOSSIBLE of places I've ever had to search for in a computer game!! :sad:
I've found quite a few awkward to get to places so far, but NONE.... as bad as this! :-(
I really hope it's the ONLY one too..... right??

Edit : This is the first time I've posted on here feeling rather down about a quest.:-(
Hope I haven't bothered anyone to much. *sigh!!*
Dark Mogul

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Rimerock Barrow is near Northwatch Keep, in the mountain range north of Solitude.
Stacy Hope

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 pm

As I recall, its in the far northwestern portion of the map. There should be an option in the journal to "Show on Map" when you select a quest. Its almost due west of Solitude. I did a Google image search, and theres a few maps That show its location. People that fast travel there, went to the location before being assigned the quest so they could fast travel there from the shrine. They had been there before, either through exploring, using the wiki/strategy guide to look up the Daedric Quests, or having previously completed the quest on a nother save/character.
Claire Vaux

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 am

http://www.gamebanshee.com/skyrim/mapofskyrim.php
Here's a map, it's in the very north-western corner.

You should also set the quest as active in your journal - it will put a marker on your map.
Paula Ramos

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:11 am

I've made a crude map. Basically, if you start at Volskygge there's a cobble-stone road north of it that will lead you up northwest to Rimerock.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc398/buckomccane/Skyrim/RimerockBurrow_route_00.jpg

Edited for link correction. I'm not sure which version of the map appears because Photobucket is such a piece of $*** it keeps reverting to the wrong map that's been deleted from the site - both will get you there, but one has the blue line representing the road as going south when it actually goes east. Just start from Volskygge and go north (very short distance) to the road and then follow it northwest.
Kieren Thomson

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Excuse me? Can anyone give me helpful advice please?

I'm trying to complete this quest
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:A_Daedra%27s_Best_Friend

I'm having really bad trouble trying to find - Rimerock Burrow! :( :sad:

I've searched lots of clips on youtube but none of them help!
I feel like banging my head against a brick wall right now!!

All the clips I came across on youtube just seemed like, as soon as they exited the first cave, they all then did fast travel to Rimerock Burrow. But I just do NOT understand that at all! :( You#re supppsoed to catually FIND..... a place before you can fast travel there!
I cannot do this yet as I have to find it first.

Can anyone help me please, and give me really good instructions on how to get there from the last place?
If I fail that, then is there anyone who woudln't mind making me a little video please on how to there?

I'm just about to tear my hair out over this right now, as I've searched and searched cannot find this damned place!

I woudl be very greatful if anyone here would be able to help me locate the place, as I've had no such darned luck so far!

This burrow just HAS to be the most IMPOSSIBLE of places I've ever had to search for in a computer game!!
I've found quite a few awkward to get to places so far, but NONE.... as bad as this! :-(
I really hope it's the ONLY one too..... right??

Edit : This is the first time I've posted on here feeling rather down about a quest.:-(
Hope I haven't bothered anyone to much. *sigh!!*

It's Barrow, with an A. This is probably what threw off your searches. :wink:
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:28 am

Thanks a lot for the help guys! :thumbsup:

Now in a more happier frame of mind, I'm glad to say I managed to find the place in the end. :no:

I have to admit that, in the end, I read a random comment on youtube from a related quest clip, and someone said to try using the spell, Clairvoyance, which I have. The person who replied said (basically) it didn't work for them. So I went back to try it, and low and behold..... it worked wonders for me! Very cool indeed! :smile:

Maybe random person on youtube didn't use it correctly, but anyway, I hadn't used this spell in ages, (I did for a while near start of the game) because it hasn't always lead me in the right direction, then later I could find the majority of places without it.

"@ Rosveen"

That map is really great! Thanks! :no:

There are so many dungeons to find in this game that I've felt that half of them are not even remotely linked to any quests.
That map will help me find those such dungeons just for the fun of a dungeon crawl.
There's so many I can't even count them. :tongue:

"@ buckom"

Thanks for your reply and the link you sent too. :smile:

Before I found Rimelock Burrow, I still hadn't found Volksyyge either. So any explanation of road leading from there wouldn't have helped either.
That's another place I had still yet to find. *sigh!*

Going from Pinemoon Cave may have helped though. I had that one on my map already.
Also, there's another photo imaging site aswell as photobucket (probably a few out there though) I know of, if you ever need to show off pics.

It's called image shack. http://imageshack.us/
That's the one I use when I want to show off any ingame screenshots on a game forum.
Would it be of any help to you instead of photobucket at all? :cool:
Suzy Santana

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:36 pm

It's Barrow, with an A. This is probably what threw off your searches. :wink:
Not so much:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Rimerock_Burrow :P Perhaps you traveled there by wheel barrow. :D :lol: :nono:

Damn, you - I had to double check and thought I was gonna' have to re-do my cheesy map. :o
clelia vega

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Not so much:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Rimerock_Burrow :tongue: Perhaps you traveled there by wheel barrow. :biggrin: :lol: :nono:

Damn, you - I had to double check and thought I was gonna' have to re-do my cheesy map. :ohmy:

Hahahah! I'm imagining being pushed to Rimerock Burrow in a wheelbarrow by Lydia now. :tongue:(she's my current companion)
I found some of your posts around here quite amsuing btw. :no:

I've chuckled over your signature too. :tongue:
First time I heard a guard say to me, "no lollygaggin," I was like..... "ooookkayyy, where d'you come up with that one?" :tongue:
It made me smirk for about 15 mins. I was amused by it. I had obviously never heard it before.
Think it will stick in my mind for a while now, and am still waiting for the day I hear that ingame from a guard again. :tongue:
ezra

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:45 pm

@ buckom
Before I found Rimelock Burrow, I still hadn't Volksyyge either. So any explanation of road leading from there wouldn't have helped either.

That's another place I had still yet to find. *sigh!*

Going from Pinemoon Cave may have helped though. I had that one on my map already.

Also, there's another photo imaging site aswell as photobucket (probably a few out there though) I know of, if you ever need to show off pics.

It's called image shack. http://imageshack.us/
That's the one I use when I want to show off any ingame screenshots on a game forum.
Would it be of any help to you instead of photobucket at all? :cool:
I figured that could have been an issue, but Volskygge is much easier to find than Rimerock and basically I was trying to show that you can best approach it from the southeast. Although I'm pretty sure I rode a horse up the northface of the mountain from Northwatch. :P

Yeah, I'm aware of Image Shack and I'm sure it has it's share of annoyances too - I'm older and have a much lower tolerance for many things. :P Thank you for the suggestion - I might look into it, but I don't really post so many pics that it would be worth it for me to start another account on another site for which I'll forget the login info. :lol:
Genocidal Cry

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:57 pm

I figured that could have been an issue, but Volskygge is much easier to find than Rimerock and basically I was trying to show that you can best approach it from the southeast. Although I'm pretty sure I rode a horse up the northface of the mountain from Northwatch. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm aware of Image Shack and I'm sure it has it's share of annoyances too - I'm older and have a much lower tolerance for many things. :tongue: Thank you for the suggestion - I might look into it, but I don't really post so many pics that it would be worth it for me to start another account on another site for which I'll forget the login info. :lol:

buck - you don't have to have an account to use imageshack for a few pics.... why do you think I use it? I have domains of my own for non-public stuff; public stuff I put on imageshack without ever having made an account.
Shae Munro

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Hahahah! I'm imagining being pushed to Rimerock Burrow in a wheelbarrow by Lydia now. she's my current companion)
"I'm sworn to roll you about as a burden. *sigh*" :lol:
I hope I didn't piss esrafael off with the correction - I actually like 'him' (I think it's a dude) even though his avatar creeps the $*** out of me. :ohmy:

I've used her and Mjoll a bit lately on my Chick Assassin. Mainly for the eye candy and I find it funny to walk through town in the Pirate Princess' clothes (Noble Clothes, Gold and Ruby Circlet and Fine Boots (low brown ones) that I've enchanted and renamed) like they're my bodyguards...I'm a pig. I put Lydia in the Ancient Nord stuff and Mjoll in the Falmer stuff.

I found some of your posts around here quite amsuing btw. :no:

I've chuckled over your signature too. :tongue:
First time I heard a guard say to me, "no lollygaggin," I was like..... "ooookkayyy, where d'you come up with that one?" :tongue:
Thanks (x2) - I try to not take games too seriously even though I know it upsets some hardcoe RPers. :tongue: I've been contemplating adding: "Come and face the Forsworn...and stop staring at my boobs!" to my sig. I put Legendary Forsworn (improved beyond the armor cap) on my Assassin Chick...the pig thing again. I don't like changing my sig after I've settled on something though so I may not add to it. :tongue:

Yeah, the "No lollygagging." line is weird. I've never gotten it when I'm just standing still - it's always been when I'm running by them. :confused:

buck - you don't have to have an account to use imageshack for a few pics.... why do you think I use it? I have domains of my own for non-public stuff; public stuff I put on imageshack without ever having made an account.
Weird. What's their angle then? :ph34r: It's not that I'm suspicious of creating an account - I'm now numb to the stupidity of that. I'm just annoyed by managing all the user IDs and p-words. :mellow:
Alexis Estrada

Return to V - Skyrim