A Daedra's Best Friend Glitch

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 7:44 am

I encountered a glitch where Barbas the dog won't show up at his marker after talking to Lod. I've read about the glitch but can't resolve it. Anybody come across this?
Tarka

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 10:14 am

Go back to the marker and search the forest. When I did this quest, Barbas was there. But while travelling to our destination, he would run off into the forest to attack an enemy when one was close enough. I thought I had lost him too. Then I finally spotted some flames being thrown off in the distance and found that it was Barbas fighting a Necromancer in the forest. I ran in and killed the necromancer and then Barbas went back to doing what he was suppose to.

It's possible that he may have just wondered into the forest to fight something.

Worth a try anyway.
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Yes, try what cobrasno1 said. Barbas will actually fight an enemy, so if he spots one in the area he'll walk over and start attacking.
Theodore Walling

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 am

I've tried everything. Wandering around, coming back at different times, completing other quests and nothing seems to work. And I doubt it'll be fixed in the next patch coming out this month.. svcks for a completionist.
Nicholas C

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Even if the patch did fix it, if you saved it glitched it will saty glitched. Patches prevent. They don't fix.

You'll probably have to do it over. Or you could just go to the cave that Barbas is suppose to be in. Maybe he'll be there. can't remember the name of it though. I know it was east of Helgen. About 1/3 of the way up the mountain. Check the Game guide or google the quest for the location name and location. You never know.
I've had glitches where I couldn't do something for a while and then all of a sudden I go back to the place and it would work out of the blue. Worth a try anyway.
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 1:37 am

Still no luck. I think I'll start a new game but thanks anyways for the help.
Cash n Class

Return to V - Skyrim