Did I miss something, no evil factions to join?

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:43 am

Hi there.

First of all I want to say that you have done an amazing job on Fallout 4 and I really enjoy it so far. Everything from the voice acting, sound effects and the gripping environments Boston has to offer.

But, I do have a questions regarding my type of play, as I like to play evil. I have noticed that there are many situations that really plays with the moral of your character but I have yet to find a evil faction to join, going back to previous titles, like slavers, bandits, raiders etc.

I would really like to find out if I just missed something or is there no factions like, Skullz, Theifs Guild, The mobsters of RENO, Slavers Guild, Slavers of Paradise falls, Caesar's legion, Powders gangers, etc, just to mention a few.

I was really hoping to go into this game an play as a slaver, mercenary or raider. I hope to see something like that in your upcoming DLC's as I have already bought the Season Pass.

Thanks for taking your time reading this through, and keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Gavin Roberts

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:03 am

The BoS is about as "evil" you can get. And "evil" is VERY subjective. I suppose if you are pro-life - all life, including ghouls, you might be at odds with the BoS. Not that that matters, I've spoken to the BoS leader with a ghoul as my companion and they didn't even notice him. Hopefully, a mod and deal with this. But we'll see.

I was hoping we'd able to join the Gunner's or even the raiders.

maria Dwyer

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Just seems to be competing factions that sometimes do unsavory things to further their agendas. So far, even though I haven't played all of the factions yet, it seems the Minutemen might be the "least evil" of all.

Aman Bhattal

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:02 am

Personally I hope a DLC lets you set up a raider settlement and instead of farming it lets you for raising parties to send out and hit the other settlements and travelers.

Also I hope at some point one of the raider style dogs is modded in to be a companion as well as dogmeat. I like the idea of being a jerk with a dog, but dogmeat is too classic good dog for that.
Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:03 am

brotherhood of steel.. simple as that.. sure they start off ok-ish.. kill all ghouls/mutants/synths save humanity and all that.. near the end of the storyline however.. they take a turn for the worse... alternativly.. play your cards right (or wrong depending on how you look at it) and you can have the institute enslave everyone with synth armies.

Also as brotherhood you get to bully farmers into handing over all their crops.. whats more evil than that..

Reanan-Marie Olsen

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:00 am

but.. you could put raider armor on dogmeat... even the metal armor from after you get past a certain level where raider dogs wear spiky metal armor.

Cameron Wood

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:53 am

I see that many of you are talking about BoS, which is a good point. They have always been ignorant, arrogant, tech hording scumbags, if you excuse my language. Sure, I could join up with them, but what I am trying to say is that I am looking for something less organized or rather not so in to tech. More like slavers or raiders if you catch my drift. My character has no interest in running around in Power armor with laser weapons.

I really like the idea with a DLC that introduces raider types of settlements, or making your settlements evil. as DarkDervish mentioned.

Ah, anyway, it has been a fantastic game overall, just wished for more evil faction interactions for my evil, shotgun / melee character :)

Liv Staff

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:10 am

i am confused, Why are people calling the BoS evil somewhat evil when there is

Spoiler
the INSTITUTE you can join, who KIDNAP PEOPLE, USE THE FEV and have an ARMY of robots under their command they can send ANYWhere, and actively torture people.

considering 90% of the synths, feral ghouls, and Super mutants you meant in game are actively trying to kill you, BoS seem completely sane to me. Only ONCE did my goody-good character come into conflict of interest with them, and my character came out on top of the argument with them..............

Kevan Olson

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:56 pm

People are calling the BoS evil because they're going to wipe out all nonhumans and that includes the Ghouls of Goodneighbor, Nick Valentine, and...okay Strong is an evil bastard but given you can be in a romance with Currie and one other Synth--it's not exactly good.

Also, they're taking over the Commonwealth "for their own good."

It's not the killing of evil monsters and mindless abominations which makes the BoS evil so much as well....the fact they're racist against nonhumans and the last time we heard someone talk about cleansing the Wasteland of all nonhumans was the President(s) of the Enclave.

The Institute is the best group to join for an evil faction, though, because you can take over afterward.

Hot

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:08 am

Ye'h, this. I've accidentally gotten myself with the BoS with my good character (even though I've already completed the game with the Minuteman; ye'h, I found a glitch and it's pretty lovely. I don't mind some easy experience). I am just hoping to find a quest to fight back and possibly destroy the BoS later on though, or just remove the "importance" from them so I can kill them off myself.

Cayal

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Basically if the Minuet men are the designated good faction, the only evil they really do is doom Synths to extinction, which Ironically is also what the Railroad does.

I think the main issue is that they tried to make a spectrum of from good to Evil like this

Minute men-Railroad-Good neighbor/Diamond city-BoS-Institute.(yes I know Diamond and Good neighbor are not actual factions in the sense that the Big 4 are)

JD bernal

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:48 am

I have yet to see them at all mention good neighbor

nope, the ONLY way to destory the BoS is to finish the game as either the institure or the railroad

Gemma Woods Illustration

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:51 pm

there are three different ways to turn Pridewind into wreckage.

that's all I'm going to say right now.

Matthew Warren

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:30 am

Nope. theres also a literaly Cannon way to destroy them.

With Real cannons.

ok Technically "Artilery".

stephanie eastwood

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Is one of them at do-able even after doing some BoS missions? Like I said, I kinda have done some BoS missions and am accepted as one of them, but I really just wanted to get inside and destroy from inside-out AFTER the MQ, but I found out that they aren't kill-able in that regards and got myself into this strange mess with I'm doing the BoS's side of the MQ (even though I already did the MQ as the Minuteman). Right now, I'm on the quest related to Liberty Prime. (Would be cool if you can activate him but then set him to target BoS).

Suzie Dalziel

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Oooo, spoil dude.

sally R

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:55 am

ok the quick and dirty way for the minuet men to have a literlaly Cannon ending.

1) do all of the Minute men quests up to and including old guns.

2) Put Art. in at least 5 settlments, more is good, but 8 settlements trigers certain events. . .

3) turn the BoS hostile.best way is to get the mission to go to Mass fusion and then go to the institute

Spoiler
you can actually destroy The Railroad, Intitute and BoS but its a pain to pull off.

Bascialy Get to the point where you have NO MORE THAN 7 Artilery with the Minuet men

at some point build the teliporter to send you to the institute, do End of the line then go back to the minuet men

abi

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:59 pm

Cool!

I only have three artillery pieces but can get to work on the rest.

:)

Abi Emily

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:51 pm

When I was playing the similarities of the BoS to a fascist regime was pretty interesting.

Ad Victorium

The Brotherhood salute

Prospect of "superiority"

Decided to join them anyway because power armor haha.

jaideep singh

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:45 am

Cult of personality

authoritarian regime

Expansionist

Racism

Yeah....

:)

Jonathan Montero

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:49 am

you only need 5, but the Artilery call can fail due to range which is annoying as heck.

8 seems to be the triger for certain scripted events that can screw things up faction wise for you.

someone needs to figure out where the fireing range is for the guns.

Yung Prince

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:22 am

I was hoping for a raider faction as well. None of the 4 current factions are even remotely appealing to me.

Ah, well...here′s hoping for either DLC or the mod tools.

Milad Hajipour

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:33 am

People complained you couldn't join the Enclave.

People complained about Caesar's Legion being cartoonishly evil so why would you join?

Now people complain the Institute is too gray for a proper evil faction.

Eh.

Brooke Turner

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:35 am

Nice, remember the artillery in the trailer and wondered where to get it.

Avril Louise

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:54 am

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I prefer the all neutral mutually exclusive approach. A raider faction to join wouldn't hurt though. Could make for a fun chem-based run.

Silencio

Next

Return to Fallout 4