Does the leveling up glitch still work?

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:52 am

The glitch i am referring to is the one where you get all your skills to 100 while still at level 1 then you cast the spells to decrease a skill so you can get training, thing is though, i cant seem to be able to create a drain skill spell (i dont have the level 1 either but i have just noticed that on the spellmaking alters i cant make one). So does anyone know if this still works and if not / if you dont know does anyone know any other glitches to level up higher than your meant to. BTW, on xbox360 so i cant just mod it.
Leticia Hernandez

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 pm

The glitch i am referring to is the one where you get all your skills to 100 while still at level 1 then you cast the spells to decrease a skill so you can get training, thing is though, i cant seem to be able to create a drain skill spell (i dont have the level 1 either but i have just noticed that on the spellmaking alters i cant make one). So does anyone know if this still works and if not / if you dont know does anyone know any other glitches to level up higher than your meant to. BTW, on xbox360 so i cant just mod it.

Although your numbers go higher than 100 in your menu, it doesn't actually do anything, save the acrobatics and athletics skills. Same deal with attributes. That is, your skills menu may show Blade as being 125, however the game treats it like 100. Acrobatics and Athletics continue to increase past 100, and the game actually counts these two, just not any other attribute or skill.
Conor Byrne

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:37 am

I am pretty sure that the drain/train thing was corrected in a patch so its no longer possible.
Ella Loapaga

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Unless there was a weird really recent patch than it should work. You should definitely be able to make the spell though. I haven't played oblivion in a week or two so it would have to be a really recent sudden patch which I doubt.
Alex [AK]

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:40 am

Unless there was a weird really recent patch than it should work. You should definitely be able to make the spell though. I haven't played oblivion in a week or two so it would have to be a really recent sudden patch which I doubt.

You can still make the spell. You can eventually make spells for all attributes and skills. However, all that effort, and time, and low-end spells cluttering your menu, will have no effects save for Acrobatics and Athletics. So.... yeah. Go ahead, but if the game doesn't recognize the skill over 100, I don't get the point of going through all that trouble for nothing, except of course, the two that I have mentioned ad nauseum.
Cheville Thompson

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:30 am

You can drain skills to get cheaper training at any character or skill level. Not clear if that is a "glitch" or works as intended.

Although your numbers go higher than 100 in your menu, it doesn't actually do anything, save the acrobatics and athletics skills. Same deal with attributes. ...

It is true that except for acrobatics and athletics, skill about 100 have the same effect as skills at 100. So no real point.

But it's different for attributes. They do show benefits above 100:

Strength: you can carry more and have more "fatigue", aka stamina. But no more Blade, Blunt or H2H damage

Intelligence: more magicka

Willpower: faster magicka regeneration (except for atronachs of course) and more fatigue/stamina

Speed: faster movement

Agility: more fatigue/stamina, but no more bow damage some say you might be able to sneak better and have less staggers, but that's unproven I think

Endurance: more health points. more fatigue/stamina

Personality: higher starting disposition I think, but it doesn't really matter

Luck: some misc effects like Mehrunes Razor and Arena betting
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:31 am

snip

On my pure mage, his strength is 110. And yet, he can only carry what he could if he had Strength 100. He can fortify beyond this limit with spells/potions/gear, but it is not permanent. At least for me, over thirteenish characters.
Budgie

Return to IV - Oblivion