Dragons are worse than Oblivion Gates

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:27 am

I disagree completely. I still have fun killing dragons while Oblivion gates were long and boring very boring. I avoided the main quest unless I knew I was going to finish it in Oblivion. Anyways I have over 120 hours played in Skyrim and still have fun killing dragons. Didn't get old or annoying. Sorry that you feel that way though. It must svck to feel like that. Good thing I don't plan on feeling like that in the future.

Keep the dragons coming skyrim. :mohawk:
Vicki Blondie

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:06 am

Dragon encounters are random. you must be blessed, Im a 36 (havent done any main quest on this character) and Ive only seen and killed 8.. lol
Steph

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:34 am

correction, oblivion gates were NEVER cool. wheras dragons were awesome the first few rounds and then just plain cool and only THEN descending to annoying (so i've heard, logged 150+ hours and i wouldn't say im sick of them yet). dragons > oblivion gates, by miles.
courtnay

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:58 am

I disagree with you.

Simply as that. :)
christelle047

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 am

Fast traveling make them spawn faster. That what I noticed anyway . I agree they become an annoyance after sometime . Especially when you have 4-5 time dragon soul in stock.
Ilona Neumann

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:34 pm

I've had 8 dragons (including the first quest) in 48 game days (which is seriously 87 hours? Good god!). I always freak out when they show up, but they go down easily enough nowadays, especially as I play on low difficulty and have help from my companion and often guards. On the last one, he landed alongside me, and I took no damage at all. Just whacked him a few times with my axe, with the guards working on the front and my horse pummeling his rear end.

I thought Oblivion's only weak spot was those consarned gates. I closed two in all my game time--Kvatch and the one that idiot and his friends went in. I fought alone and got beaten up by everything, including plants. I always managed to survive, but not easily or happily. Every time I saw one, the pretty forest turned all blood-orange and stupid flame thingamies came after me. I wanted the gates' loot for my potion business, but that was it.

Dragons may still give me the willies, but I much prefer them. They're sometimes avoidable if they don't see you and you hide (I've hidden from two), and they can be taken down with several good healthy whacks, or one if you're really badass. And that's it.

On the other hand, gate enemies' drops weighed less. :-p
Darrell Fawcett

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:34 am

i agree.
the game has spammed me with so much dragons that i dont want to see them at all anymore.
when they appear they fly around for 10 minutes doing an airshow and then kill every quest giver/shopkeeper in sight.
and then even in death they annoy you.their damn dead bodys littering the streets making the city a lagfest.
Blackdrak

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 am

I prefer dragons. As at least they can be dealt with quickly

I always felt nauseus when I was inside oblivion gates for some reason and on my first oblivion playthough I got lost in a gate as no matter how much I searched I couldnt get a key I needed.
Bonnie Clyde

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:20 am

There is nothing worse than Oblivion Gates....

Dragons might be frequent, but at least not boring. In Oblivion i was constantly running through the Gates with invisibility spell without fighting.. as it was totally boring inside the Gates.
Travis

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:44 am

I hated Oblivion gates. At least one can down a dragon rather quickly and be done with it. Not quite as annoying, but still annoying.

Dragons are more annoying, because screw Dovahkiin. I'm right there with my fiery war axees and the dragons simply refused to even look at me in the eye. They just swoop down, perhaps breathe ice while they're at it, and just circle around for minutes - even if there's only me around - before they land and let me take them man-to-dragon, axe-to-breath

In America Oblivion, you ignore the Gates. In Soviet Russia Skyrim, Dragons ignore YOU!
[ becca ]

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:06 am

Three words: Turn Up Difficulty

Should fix the problem when you try too kill an elder dragon on the hardest setting. You'll end up crying in the corner after that.
renee Duhamel

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I agree, I would just ignore the main quest as well,
Spoiler
but you have to do some of it to continue the civil war quest line

Inol Wakhid

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:55 am

How are people getting these 'frequent' dragon spawns? I'm around lvl 32 and have only fought a handful. It's all I can do to try to find more to get the souls for my words of power. So, when one aggros, I get pumped up. One time I had two dragons and a dragon priest to fight at the same time. It was very intense and VERY fun.
Jason White

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim