Durnehviir doesn't appear...

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:27 pm

I learn his scream but he doesn't appear, i do something wrong?
~Sylvia~

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:24 am

I've heard of others having the problem, but just incase make sure you're aiming at the ground. A little bit in front of you, maybe 5-10 feet
trisha punch

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 am

Did you summon him in a huge open space?
Joie Perez

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:54 pm

I summoned him out in the plains between Whiterun and the mountains towards Morthal. Shouted into the ground and he appeared every time.
Symone Velez

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 pm

I've heard of others having the problem, but just incase make sure you're aiming at the ground. A little bit in front of you, maybe 5-10 feet
I was one of those. You need a big open space and aim at the ground close to your feet. Not intuitively the safest way to summon a 40 ton animal.
koumba

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:59 pm

I was one of those. You need a big open space and aim at the ground close to your feet. Not intuitively the safest way to summon a 40 ton animal.

Yeah it isn't if you think about it too much. But, well, nothing really sounds safe in skyrim lol. In the world of skyrim a rat problem becomes a fear for survival!
GPMG

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:12 am

Weird, I was in the open space, but I was looking at the sky when I gave the shout.

Wonder why we have to look at the ground, it's not like he is in Darkreach.....
Hayley Bristow

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:17 am

Aiming at the sky will summon him there, but he'll never land to you (except to attack), just like with call Dragon. If you aimed at the sky, aim at the ground and he'll appear.
Bitter End

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 am

Aiming at the sky will summon him there, but he'll never land to you (except to attack), just like with call Dragon. If you aimed at the sky, aim at the ground and he'll appear.

Pretty sure you HAVE to aim at the ground. He's just like any other summon in Skyrim. You actually have to have a viable surface for them.
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 am

you need a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOpen Space to summon him!
Silvia Gil

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:52 pm

you simply need an outdoor open patch of ground big enough for a dragon to land on. the shout is essensialy an overpowered summon spell. Too far away or not enough room and you won't get all three words out. Durnehviir is handy as all get out and sometimes hangs around LOONG after the shout has worn off, but he pales in comparison to a high level (60+) Odahving. That freaking dragon flies down from the throat of the world and one shots giants when i call him.

-edit- also am i the only one that thinks its messed up that Durnehviir actualy TELLS you to shout his name to the sky?! I tried for like a freaking half hour before i got frustrated and tried shouting at a mammoth with it. poof, instant undead dragon next to a much started and soon to be dead fuzzy elephant.
mollypop

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:01 am

When I first learned the shout(I like how you say scream), it was a tad buggy, since I kept shouting 'Dur-ne-' repeatedly, trying to get him to come out. After about ten tries or so, then he'd pop out. Of course, all these failed attempts had my brother in hysterics.
c.o.s.m.o

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:56 am

I'm not entirely sure if my game is bugged concerning the shout. I have about 19 souls absorbed but the shout remains greyed out and clicking on it says "Dragon souls are needed to unlock shouts". I don't know if this means I don't have enough souls to actually use the shout, or it's glitched for me. :S
amhain

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 am

I'm not entirely sure if my game is bugged concerning the shout. I have about 19 souls absorbed but the shout remains greyed out and clicking on it says "Dragon souls are needed to unlock shouts". I don't know if this means I don't have enough souls to actually use the shout, or it's glitched for me. :S
19 is more then enough.
steve brewin

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Fussy sod Durnehviir is, I was in a wide open space aiming practically at Braggen's feet, just could not quite find a flat bit big enough while trying to survive yet another legendary dragon. These dragons are becoming annoying, they get harder to kill and it becomes easier for them to kill your character. :(

Means you are pressing the wrong button.
D IV

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:40 pm

I was in a huge open space and couldn't summon him so I shouted his name at my feet and he appeared on top of me. I think the shout is a bit random in where it lands or how it works.
quinnnn

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 am

I was in a huge open space and couldn't summon him so I shouted his name at my feet and he appeared on top of me. I think the shout is a bit random in where it lands or how it works.

i'm pretty sure it's just bugged. He is, and currently still is, infinitely flying in Dayspring Canyon, for me. If I summon him out of Dayspring Canyon, aiming at the sky, he appears there, attacking anything near by, just like Odahving. If I aim at the ground, he appears there. This seems to be the same thing for me on every single character, however. I'm still leaning towards a bug.
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:00 am

You also must know all the shout to summon him I found out the other day. I could only learn a part of his name as I only had 2 dragon souls at the time of beating him. I couldn't summon him till I had the third part to the shout.

Going off an a tangent here since Dawnguard my dragon attacks have fallen off I am on the Diplomatic immunity quest but hardly see any dragons and now at level 51 it is a rare occasion they even fly past me. Before Dawnguard I had dragons attacking me every where I went.
Allison C

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 pm

You also must know all the shout to summon him I found out the other day. I could only learn a part of his name as I only had 2 dragon souls at the time of beating him. I couldn't summon him till I had the third part to the shout.

Going off an a tangent here since Dawnguard my dragon attacks have fallen off I am on the Diplomatic immunity quest but hardly see any dragons and now at level 51 it is a rare occasion they even fly past me. Before Dawnguard I had dragons attacking me every where I went.

I'll second that. Vamp attacks fell off, once I completed Dawnguard, and Dragons attacks seem to be rare still, with the occasional Revered Dragon attacking a hold/town I fast travel to. Other than that, only the dragons in Lairs can be found and still have had no luck getting the Legendary Dragon to show up.
Patrick Gordon

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 am

I noticed on my game that when I was first shouting for him, I only had one word. I tried a few times over several game days and I only had one word to use. He never showed up. Then, one time out of frustration, I shouted at the ground several times. When I looked at the shout again in the menu, I had two more words to unlock. I did not have these before. As soon as I unlocked all 3, I did the shout, he appeared.

I did not try with just two words.
Laura Simmonds

Return to V - Skyrim