Farming legendary items

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Game auto saves then you enter load doors, the image shows the new cell so you assume it saves after you enter?

It does not it saves the game before you enter the cell but uses the image from then you arrive.

This can be exploited for save scumming for legendary items, if you run into an legendary enemy just after you enter and he drop junk or items you don't need reload the auto save and try again.

Most of the time the legendary enemy is still there, he might however be changed from legendary supermutant to legendary supermutant butcher :)

He will have an new legendary item.yes you can even use an quick save after getting an item and try again and see if your luck is better.

Benefit of this that you don't have to do anything except reload as the autosave is there already.

DAVId Bryant

Post » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:10 am

I have a mod that lets me produce/transfer legendary effects..... at a significant cost.... That I like very much.......

Nany Smith

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:07 pm

That is the name of the mod?

YO MAma

Post » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:45 am

I never understood this type of gameplay, sorry, nothing personal.

Why won't you have a mod that all you need to do to finish a quest is to press Y with?

Jaki Birch

Post » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:11 am

Because a mod that lets you finish a quest at the push of a button is in no sense even comparable to a mod that lets you apply legendary perks to different weapons?

I've played over 350 hours of this game in the mostly vanilla form. I've added a few aesthetic mods and things like that, but nothing that really alters the gameplay. I've completed the game, and done all four endings.

Now I'm on my second play through and I'm adding a lot of mods like this. Does it really -matter- if I have a mod that lets me apply legendary perks to weapons? Does it fundamentally change the way that the game plays out? Or does it just give me access to a more powerful gun without having to wait to get lucky on a legendary drop?

Greg Cavaliere

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:13 pm

but.. those different weapons were not designed to have Legendary perks.. just as that button push to finish a mission.

roxxii lenaghan

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:23 pm

I edited my above post while you were replying, if you didn't notice.

So what? Do you actually think that this is a valid comparison? Creating a more powerful gun is incredibly, drastically different from a mod that lets you finish a quest at the push of a button.

You don't even need a mod for that. You can enter a simple console command that will complete every single quest in the game.

Peetay

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:14 pm

Actually, most prefixes are universal. There are some that are limited to certain weapons or weapon types (mostly common-sense stuff, such as Explosive being limited to Ballistic weapons (the description specifically says 'Bullets explode'), and Never Ending being limited to Ranged weapons), but for the most part, different weapons are designed to have Legendary mods. The mod in question simply removes the RNG aspect, allowing anyone with it to craft gear with the effects they'd prefer instead of having to make do with whatever the game decides to give them.

Case in point: the best Charisma outfit is actually 5 pieces of armor with the Sharp Legendary prefix (+1 Charisma, +1 Intelligence). However, the chances of getting an armor piece, and then of getting that specific prefix on that armor piece, is pretty low. In fact, by the time you actually assemble this set from random drops, chances are you won't need it, because you've already got all the collectibles. By having the ability to craft these Legendary effects, you can make the Legendary effects you need when you need them, rather than having to make do with an RNG based system.

Mr.Broom30

Post » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:23 am

While I wouldn't use a mod to add legendary items to the game, it in no way bothers me that people use mods, (or repeat save/load), to get items they want. It's a single player game where your gameplay style effects no one else. Play whatever way is fun for you and makes you happy.
Kim Kay

Post » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:45 am

Here's a link to the mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/?.

I got tired of waiting for the *right* weapon drop.... Now, there is no such thing as a useless legendary weapon. You can scrap them for 'effect chips', which are required to put legendary mods on weapons. For some, you need a LOT of chips to do so...... There is 'balance'. Check it out, I rather like it. :)

Saul C

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Legendary are random drop from random enemies. You don't get them from quests, a few quests give unique items like Danse's laser rifle.

a mod who let you transfer effects would be nice. especially for armor as you have 3 left rader legs with nice effect.

You can save scum for the parts you want, my best was an bleeding minigun after one reload on an ghoul.

Crafting them fit better with the overall crafting terme in the game.

Craig Martin

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:10 pm

lol, farming legendary weapons. I never thought i'd see a thread like this in a fallout forum.

Claire Lynham

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:20 pm

I play on Survival mode since launch.

Drop rate, or better put spawn rate of legendary enemies is outstanding.

My loot crates in my settlements are littered with legendary weapons and armor sets.

Actually I did not.

Your reason(s) for using mods after over 350 hours of game time are the most valid I've heard so far.

I think your reply tones are a bit aggressive, but maybe its just in my silly head :)

Scotties Hottie

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 pm

I'm not intending to come across as aggressive. I just tire of the implications from so many people that modding a single player game is cheating. The way I see it, if something results in me enjoying the game more, then it's worthwhile. Some people are willing to argue this practically to death.

Jamie Lee

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:19 pm

I mod in more legendary enemies, makes the game more interesting.

Neil

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Cheating in a one player game is like faking an orgism. With that said...

Anyhow, after 310 hours in the game I have about a ton of legendary weapons and the all of them save for 3 is stored in one container.

I have:

a silenced 2 shot 10mm gun (which kind of feels like cheating since with the perks I've choosen it does like 5.3x sneak damage).

a gauss rifle and a assualt rifle, both with the same legendary effect, violent.

Had I used mods for my first playthrough I would probably been looking for something that would allow me to "move the legendary effect" from weapons/armour and put on some other piece.

Bereket Fekadu

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:55 pm

I think that mod he uses is more or less like the enchanting system in Skyrim. Most weapons/armour you would find in Skyrim was quite bad. But if you dis-enchant something and then made your own enchantment with the effect it would become extremely overpowered. Difference here is that you cannot "disenchant" in Fallout 4.

Pixie

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:17 pm

I've got a question about that mod. In the description it's talking about different systems and different difficulties. How exactly does this work? Does this mean that if I'm playing on hard or survival, that I must have the 'effect chip' from a legendary drop to craft the legendary perk, if I'm playing on normal I can only transfer the legendary perks from one gun to another, and that if I'm on easy or very easy I can just craft them without needing the 'effect chip'? Or is this just different versions/settings of the mod that you can adjust based on your own personal wishes?

Sophie Payne

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:09 pm

There are a variety of installation options. If you aren't familiar with manual mod installation, I highly recommend using Nexus mod manager......

DAVId Bryant

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:16 pm

Exactly. I could not agree more.
CxvIII

Return to Fallout 4