Fort Independence

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:24 pm

How do you get Defender Morgan to talk to you? I walk up the road and she just starts shooting.
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:04 am

Outcasts start out neutral, but it's pretty easy to annoy them during the game. If you don't get to Ft. Independence quick, you'll usually make enemies of them just by trying to help a patrol in a fight.

PC has a mod to fix it, but consoles don't have a way, I think.
Shelby McDonald

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:48 pm

I was trying to do the outcast collection quest but I guess I'm screwed before I start?
Matthew Warren

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:36 am

I was trying to do the outcast collection quest but I guess I'm screwed before I start?

Well, if you have unintentionally shot, hit with a grenade, punched, or killed an Outcast, they entire faction turns hostile. But if you already talked to Protector Casdin ,and didnt earn their trust when you tried to enter their base, this also makes them hostile.
Natalie J Webster

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:45 am

Well, if you have unintentionally shot, hit with a grenade, punched, or killed an Outcast, they entire faction turns hostile. But if you already talked to Protector Casdin ,and didnt earn their trust when you tried to enter their base, this also makes them hostile.

I don't think that's entirely true.

I've exterminated more of those pests than I care to remember, yet their leader imprudently welcomes me with open arms. It will not be long before Casdin realises his trust was ill placed.
Taylah Haines

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:34 am

My experience this play: that woman under the bridge told me to stand down, and I told her to get that effing gun out of my face. She told me, "Wrong answer scumbag." And now I have all Outcasts very aggressive towards me.
Meghan Terry

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:42 am

My experience this play: that woman under the bridge told me to stand down, and I told her to get that effing gun out of my face. She told me, "Wrong answer scumbag." And now I have all Outcasts very aggressive towards me.

Yeah that'll do it.
Stace

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:06 pm

She starts shooting me before I get close enough to talk.
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Yeah, that is an odd bit-- I've killed them in various places by accidently winging them in a fight and making them hostile, and they never seem to remember for long.

Then it's that one short tempered response that turns them all. WTF?

Dunno what to do about never even getting to start the conversation, Grace1957. Maybe wait 3 or 4 days and try approaching again?
djimi

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 am

Since when did the BOSO ever need a reason to be dikes?

They turn hostile once every 3 or 4 playthroughs on my game

I haven't found whatever it is that triggers it, but appears as if its random
Marnesia Steele

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:29 am

Yeah, that is an odd bit-- I've killed them in various places by accidently winging them in a fight and making them hostile, and they never seem to remember for long.

Then it's that one short tempered response that turns them all. WTF?

Dunno what to do about never even getting to start the conversation, Grace1957. Maybe wait 3 or 4 days and try approaching again?

Actually, I did this way on purpose. I've had far too many play-throughs where I've traded with them. This current playthrough, I am restricting my cap intake in various ways, and this was one loophole.
It feels great to gun down those SOBs who have been talking down to me all game. :dance:

Try the wait-four-days routine. Or the dreaded "reload a previous save" routine, from before approaching the base.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Actually, I did this way on purpose. I've had far too many play-throughs where I've traded with them. This current playthrough, I am restricting my cap intake in various ways, and this was one loophole.
It feels great to gun down those SOBs who have been talking down to me all game. :dance:

Try the wait-four-days routine. Or the dreaded "reload a previous save" routine, from before approaching the base.

awwww can't take a little name calling? did the outcast hurt your feelings?

the thing with the OutCast is.. don't piss em off... and theres nothing to worry about.
Karl harris

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:40 pm

awwww can't take a little name calling? did the outcast hurt your feelings?

the thing with the OutCast is.. don't piss em off... and theres nothing to worry about.

After a while their attitude tends to grate on me. The bonus for me is that I get to have more battles with yet one more faction in the wastes. Soon, remnants of the BOS are going to be very angry with me.
And another thing, all those extra power armor pieces are helping me to arm the raiders. That's right, I am slowly giving the raiders power armor. They will take it one of several ways: put it in their inventory when they are dead, rpp them or drop tons of armor where their dead bodies are. When they respawn, instant power armor squad.
ShOrty

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:22 pm

After a while their attitude tends to grate on me. The bonus for me is that I get to have more battles with yet one more faction in the wastes. Soon, remnants of the BOS are going to be very angry with me.
And another thing, all those extra power armor pieces are helping me to arm the raiders. That's right, I am slowly giving the raiders power armor. They will take it one of several ways: put it in their inventory when they are dead, rpp them or drop tons of armor where their dead bodies are. When they respawn, instant power armor squad.

blow up the citidel.. you'll have more battles then you'll know what to do with.
thats right, I blew it up. Bos deserved it..
Nikki Hype

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:12 pm

The only thing about the Outcast attitude that bothers me is when they talk down to you and you're wearing better armor than them.
x_JeNnY_x

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:29 am

Yeah, really. I cruise by wearing T-51b Power Armor, carrying A3-21's Plasma Rifle, and those dweebs ask if I shouldn't be banging rocks together or something.

I normally don't kill friendlies (which Outcasts technically are), but my first Shady Sands Shuffle kill was an Outcast who gave me crap.
ashleigh bryden

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Outcasts may be friendlies, but aside from the named ones, they're evil.

At least, they're flagged that way in the GECK.
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:01 pm

That's right, I am slowly giving the raiders power armor.

Excellent! Bonus points if you've collected Eyebot Helmets to dress them in too. Have you designated different "tribes" of Raiders, like Enclave Raiders at Beth Ruins, Outcast Raiders at Fairfax Ruins, Brotherhood of Steel Raiders at Evergreen Mills?
Sammi Jones

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:34 am

Excellent! Bonus points if you've collected Eyebot Helmets to dress them in too. Have you designated different "tribes" of Raiders, like Enclave Raiders at Beth Ruins, Outcast Raiders at Fairfax Ruins, Brotherhood of Steel Raiders at Evergreen Mills?

No, but good idea! I almost have every raider at Bethesda in Enclave Tesla Armor. Montgomery County Reservoir has all Enclave Power Armor. I have 5 fully repaired sets for Fairfax now!
helliehexx

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 pm

The only thing about the Outcast attitude that bothers me is when they talk down to you and you're wearing better armor than them.

ok, there not talking you down. there just bustin' your chops a little..
and if your not MAN enough to take some friendly chit chat, then mabey
you should be banging a couple of rocks together.
Wanda Maximoff

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:43 am

I kinda like their snotty attitude some days. Other days, it's Fisto City... since they're standing so close, I gank 'em all in row, and their stupid robot, too.

I mostly wish they would say a wider range of stuff, and that it could be somewhat more appropriate to the LW's armor/skill level/Karma level. They have the BOS telling you you're alright after you fight with them a couple of times; it would be a little more immersive to have the BOSO do something similar.

We can only hope NV has this. (I'm not going to even look at any screenshots, much less read anything about it!)
Anna Kyselova

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:19 pm

ok, there not talking you down. there just bustin' your chops a little..
and if your not MAN enough to take some friendly chit chat, then mabey
you should be banging a couple of rocks together.

Shame they go hostile when I abuse them back :(
Chris Ellis

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 pm

One well-placed shot from a Fat Man will take 'em all out. You'll get negative karma for killing the robot, but that's it.
Rachyroo

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Outcasts may be friendlies, but aside from the named ones, they're evil.

At least, they're flagged that way in the GECK.

The named ones are not...
Only the patrols (And I enjoy killing them asd)

No, but good idea! I almost have every raider at Bethesda in Enclave Tesla Armor. Montgomery County Reservoir has all Enclave Power Armor. I have 5 fully repaired sets for Fairfax now!

Where is located Beth city in F3? O.o Wasn't it Old Olney? Or at least didn't find anything near Old Olney that could be related to Beth...

---

Anyway I'm having the same problem than Grace... Was saving all the scrap metals (I have an amount with at least 2 zeros now lol) but when I went to the fort seeking for Casdin I didn't find him, but only Morgan (that attacked me istantly with the static turret), nor robots, nor the other defenders, dunno where they all are gone...
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:54 pm

The named ones are not...
Only the patrols (And I enjoy killing them asd)

Where is located Beth city in F3? O.o Wasn't it Old Olney? Or at least didn't find anything near Old Olney that could be related to Beth...

---

Anyway I'm having the same problem than Grace... Was saving all the scrap metals (I have an amount with at least 2 zeros now lol) but when I went to the fort seeking for Casdin I didn't find him, but only Morgan (that attacked me istantly with the static turret), nor robots, nor the other defenders, dunno where they all are gone...

I made a suggestion in your other post, regarding Casdin's hostility. Bethesda Ruins is NW of Megaton, across the river. About 20 minutes in-game walk without encounters.
Flutterby

Next

Return to Fallout 3