[Xbox One] Freezing in Solstheim

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:25 am

Hey all

I have about 50 hours on this character and have had no issues until I arrived in Solstheim. When I go deeper into the island for the second or third quest my game will freeze. I have tried to reset my cache and also removed and re-added my profile. Only thing I have yet to try is removing all my mods but I only have around 7 small ones active. Any ideas or should I just stay away from the Dragonborn DLC?

dean Cutler

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:44 am

What are those mods?

You do not want to disable or remove mods on a current game save since that will likely corrupt the game in the long run.

^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Mods I am using:

Unofficial Skyrim patch

LOTR Weapons

Rich Merchants

Immersive Citizens

Enhanced Blood Textures

Vivid Weathers

Unique Uniques

Skyrim Graphic Overhaul

Neko Jenny

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Possibly it could be one of your mods. Did you recently install any mods at about the same time of the crash.

Does the character crash at all on the main land?

Make a new manual game save and disable any of the autosaving features and disable all mods and see if it crashes. If it does not then it is likely a mod issue. Then add one mod at a time starting with the unofficial patch and go from there. Do not save at anytime during the testing phase.

Did any mods have an update?

Adam Baumgartner

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:11 am

The only new mod I downloaded around the time of the crashes was Unique Uniques. Don't have any issue on the main land, have not had one crash yet until I got to Solstheim. Also all mods are updated.

I will try what you suggested tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help!

CHARLODDE

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:44 am

So after some testing it seems the mod causing me to freeze is Unique Uniques. I disabled all mods and my game did crash. Re-enabled them one by one, saving UU for last cause I was pretty sure that was the mod giving me trouble.

Strange thing though, when I first enabled UU it froze on the loading screen, not the usual place it freezes for me in game. I tried to load up again after that and it didn't freeze at all.

Do I just leave it disabled to get rid of the freezing or should I remove it?

Arnold Wet

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:43 am

Let the mod author know about the issue as well as the mods you are using. Maybe it is something that the mod author can fix. The issue might not be with the mod but it could be the mod running with one of your mods that has caused the issue for you.

Continuing with that character will just cause more issues and a possible game save corruption. It is best to start either a new character or go back to a game save before you install the disabled or removed mod.

Alyna

Return to V - Skyrim