Game breaking bug - Other smaller bugs

Post » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:09 pm

The first bug has to do with the Dragonborn DLC quest "The Gardener of Men" Every time I go to read the black book Epistolary Acumen and continue the quest in the other realm, as soon as I make an attempt to jump into the moving hallway or if I sit on the bridge over the water to long I am forced into the poisonous water with no way back onto the land and so far cannot continue the mission. I could use console obviously to just set the mission to complete and move on, but not only is that not fun, I would also miss all of the dialogue, and this bug should be known so that it can be patched.

As for the smaller bugs, I have been having many graphical bugs with water where it will flash as if the texture for water had broken temporarily and then it returns to normal. In some places (especially in areas in the Dragonborn DLC) this will happen in quick successions over and over again and can be very irritating. While I'm walking around the world every now and then in some areas around water I hear a sloshing noise like if someone were jumping in and out of the water, or similar to that at least, that is a pretty annoying sound as well and takes away from the immersion into the game.

The last bug people have probably already heard of, but I haven't found a solution yet so maybe someone can help me out with this. In just about every area where there are a lot of objects (mead, ale, buckets, vases, etc.) I will constantly hear the noise of objects flying around the room even though there are none moving (I have found a few objects actually stuck in tables or something and just reset them to their original position using console and fixed it temporarily, until I reenter the area) and if I open any doors in these places the objects actually will start flying rapidly, and in some cases can kill your character. I've seen this happen in houses I own, in places like Dragonsreach, inns or bars like The Bee and Barb, almost any building honestly. And yes, I have V-sync enabled and it hasn't fixed this bug.

Seriously someone please help, it's getting kind of annoying seeing all of these bugs and I have no solution to any of them.

Kayla Keizer

Post » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:09 pm

What kind of framerates are you getting in-game? It's designed to run at 60 FPS on the PC - if you're getting framerates well above that the game physics often glitch out.

Here's another recent thread on this problem - the OP experienced it during the opening cart ride to Helgen, but it can occur anywhere; http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1468667-the-intro-ride-to-helgen-goes-nuts-cant-play/

In this case, the OP solved the problem by limiting maximum FPS to 60 in MSI Afterburner. You may have to do something similar.

lucy chadwick

Post » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Well I just downloaded fraps to check my FPS, apparently I'm running 600 FPS lol, so it would make sense now why those bugs are happening. I Just downloaded MSI Afterburner, where under the settings do I set up an FPS limiter?

x a million...

Post » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Nevermind, I figured it out. So far I am able to continue on my mission in the Dragonborn DLC and there are no problems with the water bugging out on me. As for the objects in buildings, I have no clue yet, but I can only assume that was fixed to as the physics engine won't be bugging out thanks to me having a much lower FPS. Thanks a ton for the help, glad to have my skyrim running smooth again.

Elina

Return to V - Skyrim