Help with Kvatch rebuilt

Post » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:39 pm

I can't figure out what to do from here.

I'm supposed to persuade the guy living near Cheydinhal to go back to Kvatch.I got the quest items adrias heart,ribcage,skull,set of candles,and a ring with "K" engraved on it.What am I supposed to do from here?
Cheville Thompson

Post » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:07 am

You can take two path:
Spoiler
1. Talk to him, and show the ring. Then he will do what he supposed to do.
2. Or you can summon Night Mother....... to kill him or threaten him, I think. Although I never took this path.

Mariana

Post » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:35 am

I'm not absolutely certain myself, but I'm at this point for the third time. The quest branches here I believe. If you just walk away and leave the guy for a few days I think you can persuade him to go back to Kvatch and be Count, or alternatively he will offer the job to you (I've done both in the past without all the ingredient and item collecting). I assume the 'bad' option involves the ritual described in a journal you pick up in the cottage. This is the way I hope to go this time round. one item I've got that you don't mention is the 'frozen finger'. Have you got this from the grave of the pet wolf?
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Getting this quest right can be really picky - make sure you save first. There are 3 or 4 options all told. I think you are still missing the amulet - you need that too.

Spoiler

1. Talk to Molvirian with the ring and amulet in your inventory. Now you have to be careful about your dialog selections. You can convince him to become count. If you want the option to become count yourself, tell him to stop fleeing. I think you can still get him to become count at this point. I count this route as two options because it involves either you or him becoming count.
2. Perform the ritual to summon the DB. When they pay you a visit, you can get them to kill him or just threaten him. I count these are two options. With the threaten option, he will attack you. You can yield to him and still choose the "peaceful" option as listed above. And apparently you can hide in the cottage when the DB comes to visit and save him...

So there are a billion options and I haven't played them all. I got most of this from the KR site - they have a walkthrough posted there. Here's the link to this http://kvatch.net/walkquest4.php I can't wait to play through this again...
Reanan-Marie Olsen

Return to IV - Oblivion