infinite magic glitch or is it an effect?

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Right now my magicka bar is gone and I have infinite magic, I can use it forever. I was at the college of winterhold not long ago, do they give you a temporary effect or is this a glitch? Under active effects one of them says "Fortify magicka - +25 fortify magicka for 2 hours", could that be what's giving me infinite magic?
Facebook me

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 2:15 am

Right now my magicka bar is gone and I have infinite magic, I can use it forever. I was at the college of winterhold not long ago, do they give you a temporary effect or is this a glitch? Under active effects one of them says "Fortify magicka - +25 fortify magicka for 2 hours", could that be what's giving me infinite magic?

Yeah, I've got the same problem. It's telling me +100 fortify magicka for 2 hours with about 49 hours left. Is this an after effect of the fist college mission or is a buff that I get because I killed a Dragon with just magicka?
Adrian Morales

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 8:04 am

I have the same glitch. It says "1 hour" but when I wait a day it's still there.

Looked this up on uesp.net:
Magicka regeneration will occasionally glitch out, giving the player an extremely high rate of magicka regeneration that continues while in combat and while casting spells (the rate being fast enough to constantly maintain virtually any channeled spell, including Wards). This state persists after saving and reloading. The cause appears to have something to do with effects that modify the magicka regeneration rate, especially the Restoration perk, but a consistent cause has not been identified. On the PC version, this glitch can be terminated by using the console to open the race selection menu; even if no changes are made, this has been shown to fix the issue.

Worked for me.
Ally Chimienti

Return to V - Skyrim