Kill the Dragon in Mount Anthor

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 3:25 am

I have been working on the same quest, Miscellaneous: Kill the Dragon in Mount Anthor, for a few months now. Everytime I try to complete this quest there is no dragon present. I know I already killed dragon but now there is no way for me to complete the quest. I do not keep old saves, I like to have only 1 recent save on my disk at a time. Is there any bug fix for this or a way to "reset" the dragon?
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Honestly, the best help anyone can give you is to talk you out of the suicidal preference of having only 1 save. You've been doing 2 quests for months? I've been finished with Skyrim for months, completed on the PS3 long ago & now playing again on the Xbox because voice command is a freakin' awesome option. I started couple weeks ago, almost level 18 & so far no broken quests. But I save constantly by saying "quick save" every few minutes plus manual saves @ end of completed quests plus retaining every 10 manual saves.
Devils Cheek

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 11:47 am

Not to sound like a complete [censored], but thanks for your help. You were really able to help me when I really needed it most...
Emily Graham

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 2:24 am

I believe one of the recent patches messed up creature respawns. Areas are supposed to repopulate if you stay away from the game 'cell' for 10 days or so, but now if you visit that area after the corpses have disappeared, but before the 10 days for reset, the cell won't ever respawn creatures/enemies. I've noticed this with giant camps and certain outer areas I frequent a lot, and I've got the same issue with a dragon bounty quest.

These are suggestions I've seen, but haven't tried them myself so I can't say if they work or not:
- Stay far away from that game area for at least 30 game days, and hope the area resets
- If you are on 360 and play with the game installed, delete the game from your hard disk, clear the cache, and play for a while off DVD.

I'd also suggest keeping a few more manual game saves. It probably wouldn't have helped with this issue, but there are still a lot of bugs with this game that being able to roll back an hour can save you some grief. I just keep three saves that I cycle through for my characters.
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 8:13 am

I had this same thing happen to me. I went to another town and then kept fast traveling back to and then away from Mount Anthor and eventually the Dragon did show up. It was a real pain
Ruben Bernal

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 10:33 am

Adams, do you recall which 2 towns you fast traveled between?
Jesus Sanchez

Return to V - Skyrim