LargashburCursed Tribe bug

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm kind of furious about this, as I've been trying to cheat my way around it for almost 2 hours and I'm about to throw my keyboard. I know there's a common bug where a quest important NPC dies to the giant, I got that on my other character. This is not that bug. Instead, the giant attack has never occured, there are no giants anywhere to be seen, and the camp is deserted. All of the NPCs are inside the main building, and if I go in for even a second, they relentlessly attack me.

Is there some solution to this, or am I just screwed?

Thanks for any replies.
john page

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Does someone at least know the quest ID for this quest so I can force it forward? I'm like, really angry. I spent hours making this new character almost specifically JUST TO DO THIS QUEST and it's broken.
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm having the same issue, though I'm playing the 360 version. 100+ hours of gameplay, 14/15 of the Daedric artifacts, and this quest is FUBAR from the get-go. Extremely disheartening. I made another character as well, just as a means of completing 15/15 (14/15 AGAIN) just for the achievement. The same bug occurred. Tried removing the 1.1 patch with yet ANOTHER character, and got the same bug. I actually made this account to find a potential fix to the issue.
Epul Kedah

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Thought I'd add that a friend experienced a similar issue, though his experience with it was much more harrowing. Before approaching Largashbur, he saved his game. After approaching Largashbur, the quest giver thanked him for (apparently) having won the tribe a second chance, leading him to believe that the game had lept forward to the post-quest stage (without him receiving credit for it, he's currently at 14/15 artifacts). We're both approaching the 100% completion mark for our unique character permutations, and being unable to complete this quest is infuriating. Seeing that other players have completed the achievement (15/15 Daedric artifacts, "Oblivion Walker") begs the question of why this problem exists for certain ones of us. I understand that glitches and the like can be random, but the fact that one this game-breaking exists is extremely disappointing for those of us who like to cover every square inch of a game, and reap the rewards of doing so.

Skyrim is THE most immersive game I've ever played, and I've enjoyed every second of my time with it. I've been told by friends/roommates that have been watching me play to 'get over it' and continue on, but this issue is keeping me from completing the game. My immersion is broken, for a moment, and I'll continue trying to fix the problem until it's addressed/fixed by the developers.
Jonathan Braz

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Just in case anyone searches this and has the same problem as the original poster I found a way around the problem. Largashbur was also locked when I went over to visit, possibly because I had traveled near there on my way to another quest and a couple of the Orcs (including a named one) had died as a result of the initial Giant attack. However there was an Orc posted up on the watchtower and I hit her with a lightning bolt, after receiving the bounty for assault I paid the fine at which point she opened the gate and I was free to go inside and start the quest. Hope this helps anyone having trouble begining this quest.
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:26 pm

This works, thanks. I climbed over the fence, went into the lodge, cut someones head off and ran outside and jumped over the fence, Then they came outside and I paid my fine, Then the quest started!
Gavin Roberts

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Similar thing happened to me - but I didn't need to attack anyone.

Since there was a named body, I just looted the body and got a fine for that! Paid the small fine as well and then things moved on as normal :)
Michelle Chau

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:06 am

I have the same bug myself on my second new start and walked up to Largashbur no dead corpses outside no orcs on the wall walked all around the local area giant trigger will not start. I walked inside the main hut got attacked instantly killed someone ran out of hut no one followed reloaded and totally stumped havent found the trigger code to launch or start the giant attack getting upset now.
Robert

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm not sure if it will help in this case, maybe - if you wait 30 in game days and stay out of that particular cell for that time period, the cell may reset and it should then work (and when I say work, I mean at least work in some manner to allow the quest to start :) )

But the key here is to stay out of the cell for 30 days so that the cell can reset. Not ideal I know, but hopefully that might work.
gemma king

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 am

I have a question about this quest: For some reason, Gularzob (the future chief) dropped dead within the walls and I am worried that the quest may get bugged at the end if he isn't around to obtain the mantle of chief. Does anyone know if it matters whether or not he is dead?
Logan Greenwood

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:39 am

If you travel close to the village without entering it and doing the quest and later go back you might find half the npcs dead because the giant still attacks whether you are there to stop it or not.

Its also a problem after the quest is complete. I completed it ok, but later went back and the giant had since respawned and gone and killed everyone. Its a pity, because many of them are companions you can use and merchants.
~Amy~

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:14 pm

This has happened to me as well (started over yesterday), everyone is inside the lodge and no giant outside
Marine Arrègle

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:32 am

yup even tried the trick to go in solo hit one and run out they chased me outside and oover the wall opening the gate i paid my fine, but nothing. they all went back inside and still no giant spawn on 4th restart just trying to figure this one out. stripped all my mods but my male / female body mods.
Sheila Reyes

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:01 pm

IIts also a problem after the quest is complete. I completed it ok, but later went back and the giant had since respawned and gone and killed everyone. Its a pity, because many of them are companions you can use and merchants.
Yep. If this is the one I'm thinking about (Orc chief turns on you after you kill the giant in the 'grove') I had this issue. I went back at one time and village was wiped out - weird.
Sweets Sweets

Return to V - Skyrim