Maximum absorption damage

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:02 am

I created a potion that fortifys enchanting to 32% (which is the highest I believe), and the max health absorption I can get 23. I have enchanting to 100 amd the enchanter, insightful enchanter and corpus enchanter perks.

When I drink a potion that fortifys enchanting to 25%, max health absorption is 22. This doesn't make any sense since I expected at least 30 health absorption when i drink a 32% enchanting potion.

Am I doing something wrong?

Was anyone able to enchant a weapon with 30 Heath absorption?

It should be possible because random items ending with 'of the vampire' has 30.
lauraa

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:07 am

i got 29 using a potion that 40%to enchant with ring17% necklace23% and the tiara20% but im not at 100 yet it was on daedra weapon if that matters
April

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Hmmm.. Something does not sound right because I created my 32% potion with gloves, hat, ring and a necklace that fortifys alchemy 29% each. So 29x4=116

You created your potion with 17+23+20=60

Could this be a bug?
Wayne W

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:14 pm

i didnt create potion i dont do alchemy the stat were to fortify enchant
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:29 pm

I did. It's not that easy, and it does "exploit" a buggy flaw. If you put two enchantments on your weapon, both of them will be of equal power. So first put absorb health and then shock or fire to get that absorb health up by quite a lot.

I got a sword that does 31 points of absorb and 31 points of shock damage with my battlemage and....well you don't need anything else after that, not on adept at least :whistling:

Note: I leveled up my enchanting with sweat and blood, and about 50 paid level-ups.
Nikki Morse

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:05 am

I did. It's not that easy, and it does "exploit" a buggy flaw. If you put two enchantments on your weapon, both of them will be of equal power. So first put absorb health and then shock or fire to get that absorb health up by quite a lot.

I got a sword that does 31 points of absorb and 31 points of shock damage with my battlemage and....well you don't need anything else after that, not on adept at least :whistling:

Note: I leveled up my enchanting with sweat and blood, and about 50 paid level-ups.

Interesting but I am having a difficulty understanding what exactly you did. Can you please elaborate?
Juliet

Post » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:13 am

Interesting but I am having a difficulty understanding what exactly you did. Can you please elaborate?

I just did what you told me but nothing changed.

1. Drank potion.
2. Enchanted absorp health and fire and got 23, 29 respectively.
3. Repeated step 2 but still got same results.

That is if I understood you correctly.
Monika Fiolek

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:56 pm

He took advantage of two things: the fact that elemental damage enchantments are 'cheaper' than absorb health, thus can have either more charges or a higher maximum, and the fact that the engine is coded to run off the higher of the two maxima when dual-enchanting something. To elaborate:

-all magical effects have a base cost to use, which varies with the effect; 'damage X' tend to be cheap, while status effects (such as paralyze) tend to be expensive
-this cost and the size of soul being used are run through an equation, which regulates the ratio between enchantment strength and number of charges
-since the equation only has two variables, when applying two enchantments at once it uses the one that will generate the highest number of charges when determining said ratio
-because two effects are being applied at once, the resultant ratio is applied to both at once as well, which allows the more expensive effect to exceed its normal limit

That last line is where the aforementioned 'bug' comes in, as the different costs cause a conflict when trying to determine the proper value to use. When solving an equation you can only apply one value to each variable at a time; since in this case there are two values to choose from for the effect cost, you have to arbitrarily pick one as you're not going to iterate (run again) the equation. In order to resolve this they chose to have it pick the lower one, when what they should have done is code it to iterate once and then apply the second ratio as well.
vanuza

Return to V - Skyrim