Mod (or console command) to prevent respawning ?

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 6:41 am

I have a personal dislike of automatic respawn, (it just doesn't feel realistic to me, I like people/creatures to stay dead, and I like items to exist only once). As such, does anyone know of any way to prevent respawning in the game, (and if it means I have to restart that's fine by me).
Tessa Mullins

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 10:09 am

Respawning occurs due to a marker placed in the game world which randomly pulls from a leveled list. It does its thing after a period of time that the last actor it spawned has been dead.

This marker is invisibale in the game, so there is nothing to select. When the CK comes out, finding all of the spawn markers and removing them would be yout only recourse as far as I know.
Everardo Montano

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 4:15 am

Thanks, a bit of a shame if you ask me, but I guess I'll just have to kill them all all over again !!!
Anthony Diaz

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 1:28 pm

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=233

Though, it seems realistic to me to have things respawn. My neighbor moved out during the winter holiday and I have a new neighbor. Essentially my neighbor respawned. ;)
Hilm Music

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 3:49 am

@wiz0floyd: thanks pal ! I'll give it a try
Ann Church

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 5:47 am

If one wanted to do somewhat of a workaround there are mods that can alter the respawn time of cells, you could probably just make the respawn time some crazy high number and this should give you what your looking for but im not sure if it will cover everything that respawns in the world.

This mod for one can alter cell respawn time

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1992

edit - Snap, ninja'd. But this mod does have a lot of other great features that let you tweak your gameplay.
Joe Alvarado

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Besides what wiz0floyd suggest, should you want to be more selective, each spawnable actor you eliminate with the disable or markfordelete commands won't respawn (better if you use disable as you can revert it with enable if you had disabled another thing by mistake).

EDIT: It's better to be sure before doing it, as you cant revert the effect even in the case of disable once the object is not selected in the console.
Emily Jeffs

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:02 am

One question re. respawning - is it the same loot in a particular location as previously ? In Halted Stream Camp I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff as the first time I visited. Which is wrong ! if it was different loot and different NPCs then fine, I could buy the 'someone new moved in' idea, but the same stuff coming back is just silly !

I've tried those two mods, and I guess they only work from now i.e. any previously cleared locations which have already respawned will stay that way, it's only further respawning which is now disabled in my game ?
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 1:31 pm

One question re. respawning - is it the same loot in a particular location as previously ? In Halted Stream Camp I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff as the first time I visited. Which is wrong ! if it was different loot and different NPCs then fine, I could buy the 'someone new moved in' idea, but the same stuff coming back is just silly !

I've tried those two mods, and I guess they only work from now i.e. any previously cleared locations which have already respawned will stay that way, it's only further respawning which is now disabled in my game ?
The equipment and the loot from the containers is generatad from a list. The same applied to some of the placed items and the faces, races and gender also changes from one spawn to the other. So you can suspend your disvelief.

No location is respawned until your return. So, If the respawn is set to 30 days and you have cleared a place 180 days ago and then install that mod, when your return all you will find are corpses. The places you have already revisited and you avandoned then without killing all of the new ocupants won't be cleared because of this mod though.
Conor Byrne

Return to V - Skyrim