[BETA/WIPz] Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics #2

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:36 am

Great job for getting this out. Time to play some morrowind
Eibe Novy

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Ok I went through the whole progress, no problems followed all instructions etc. etc.

I hit play on the launcher and get this error -
Failed to load snowflake: Meshes\BM_Snow_01.nif

:[
Alex [AK]

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Ok I went through the whole progress, no problems followed all instructions etc. etc.

I hit play on the launcher and get this error -

:[

Do not despair! This happens with Installations on newer OS!

Make sure you install the game and Expansions from disk using the setup.exe and the "Run as admin" option.

I had this too!
Simply reinstall Bloodmoon!
Céline Rémy

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Do not despair! This happens with Installations on newer OS!

Make sure you install the game and Expansions from disk using the setup.exe and the "Run as admin" option.

I had this too!
Simply reinstall Bloodmoon!

I got same problem as Odd Hermit. What do you mean by reinstall Bloodmoon ? Can I reinstall Bloodmoon alone without reinstaling everything ?
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 pm

I reinstalled Bloodmoon and it did fix it, but I get a warning when loading up and I've run into a graphic error - there's a giant yellow exclamation point over the scout in Seyda Neen.
I think I may have to redo some steps in the overhaul installation.

I should add though - this compilation is amazing(this error is not it's fault) and totally worth it.

Hmmm, actually this might be a problem. After reinstalling Bloodmoon, which fixed the snowflake error but creating some new issues, I reinstalled the overhaul mod. Now I'm getting the snowflake error again.

:unsure:
Rebecca Clare Smith

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Yeah, this mod is awesome, ain't is just!

Anyway I reinstalled all again and got rid of the problem.
Emma Pennington

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:19 am

:banghead:

3rd installation, made sure to run from disks as administrator this time. Followed all instructions no issues installing and setting up at any point - only notable potential issue was the exe optimizer, but in the guide it says skipping it shouldn't be a problem.

Still getting stupid snowflake error. :/
Naomi Ward

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 7:48 pm

The snowflake error is an issue from the game itself.
Try to reinstall Bloodmoon only.
Noely Ulloa

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:57 am

I reinstalled everything and this time everything works great. Been only in SN and Balmora but I can tell that Morrowind now looks better than vanilla Obliviion, fantastic compilation.
Laura Simmonds

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 7:44 pm

And check your disc, sometimes a soft rag does wonder.

Just like the old consoles, where blowing into the cartridge would make it work! ;)
jeremey wisor

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:49 am

Yeah I know, problem is reinstalling Bloodmoon caused some other issues last time, but reinstalling the overhaul recreates the snowflake error.

I may have got it fixed though, with only one noticeable glitch so far(Elone the scout in Seyda Neen has a giant transparent yellow "!" around her), by instead of reinstalling Bloodmoon, manually copying the files from the disc into my folder. I'll see how it goes from here but I'm scared. D:
Alexx Peace

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 6:30 pm

When I spoke if re-install, I meant the complete deal, removing morro and deleting the beth folder and the the MOSG too. Re installed the whole game and re-extracted MOGS. and started from there.

You tried this??
Dona BlackHeart

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:25 pm

When I spoke if re-install, I meant the complete deal, removing morro and deleting the beth folder and the the MOSG too. Re installed the whole game and re-extracted MOGS. and started from there.

You tried this??

i had the same problem but it solved simply reinstalling bloodmoon over the MOGS ;) be careful if you have multiple installation and the one with this problem IS NOT the one in /bethesda softworks/morrowind, because bloodmoon by default tries to install itself there, with no choice of install directory (at least for me, i had no choice :( )
Roddy

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:55 am

You tried this??

Yep, tried it. Snowflake error still always happens until I reinstall or copy files off Bloodmoon disc after installing overhaul - even after a complete reinstall off the discs run as administrator.

And after I copy Bloodmoon over or reinstall(reinstalling caused additional errors but after copying it's almost perfect), poor Elone is stuck in a giant yellow jello block thing,
amhain

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Yep, tried it. Snowflake error still always happens until I reinstall or copy files off Bloodmoon disc after installing overhaul - even after a complete reinstall off the discs run as administrator.

And after I copy Bloodmoon over or reinstall(reinstalling caused additional errors but after copying it's almost perfect), poor Elone is stuck in a giant yellow jello block thing,

Can you copy here your Warnings.txt file (Morrowind folder) when you have the yellow block on Elone?

EDIT: Regarding the "snowflake error": make sure that your [Archives] section of the Morrowind.ini file looks like:

[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
Archive 2=Flora Glow.bsa

If not, replace it with this. :)

EDIT2: New thread: http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/forum/12-morrowind-mods/
Oceavision

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

This mod is great! I was wanted to thank King for making this overhaul a reality. This time around, I had no problems with the shaders as i did with the beta, and the game literally looks like Oblivion Enhanced now. I cant wait to see the next project in this overhaul series, Kudos to the team for putting this together! :celebration:
Connor Wing

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Post limit.
Donatus Uwasomba

Previous

Return to III - Morrowind