[BETA/WIPz] Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics #2

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Is that the full version thats coming out now? I cant wait to try it. Im hoping it will solve my issues with shaders not working.

KINGPIX: "KingPix and the Morrowind Overhaul Team are proud to present the first package of the project “Morrowind Overhaul”! It’s an Italian project started 2 years ago.
The final release will be uploaded only if there is the approval of the modding community."

I don't yet see it as released on the first post, but he says he's waiting on approval from the mod community, so I guess that might be why.

Bear in mind that this is the final release of the Graphics Overhaul part of the project. The 2nd part of the project (gameplay/atmosphere) is still being worked on, and will be for some time.
Destinyscharm

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Ok, the release is now ready.
I will update the installguide, and finally I can upload it. :)

:woot: ... can't wait to try it out!
Darian Ennels

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 2:47 pm

No... it's not ready... I'm sorry...
I was ready to post it... but I just read this: http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1162557-no-more-connarys-threads%c2%a1%c2%a1%c2%a1%c2%a1/
I can't link connary's textures anymore... so I need to rework my pack with other textures... this will take some time.. I need to test them, choose them and so on.
I'm sorry... and really sad. :(
I was really happy for the work we did, but now we must re-create it.
Thanks for the efforts, and for the suggestions.
Stay tuned.

Kingpix
Scarlet Devil

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:05 am

No... it's not ready... I'm sorry...
I was ready to post it... but I just read this: http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1162557-no-more-connarys-threads%c2%a1%c2%a1%c2%a1%c2%a1/
I can't link connary's textures anymore... so I need to rework my pack with other textures... this will take some time.. I need to test them, choose them and so on.
I'm sorry... and really sad. :(
I was really happy for the work we did, but now we must re-create it.
Thanks for the efforts, and for the suggestions.
Stay tuned.

Kingpix

Dammit, that really, really svcks. I know his textures were considered by many to be extremely good. Maybe he's just a bit heated due to recent threads, and could use a nice email from you to see if he'll relent?

Knots, do you have any suggestions on the situation (talking to connary and/or finding replacement mods)?

Man, this really really svcks.

-----EDIT------

Do you guys think it would be inappropriate to start a thread asking connary to reconsider, especially since community-minded projects like this exist? He might/probably wont even read it since he's not taking PMs, but it could be worth a shot.
Sara Lee

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Do you guys think it would be inappropriate to start a thread asking connary to reconsider, especially since community-minded projects like this exist? He might/probably wont even read it since he's not taking PMs, but it could be worth a shot.

I think we've had a couple too many Connary threads recently, an e-mail would be a better idea.
gemma king

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 2:42 pm

I think we've had a couple too many Connary threads recently, an e-mail would be a better idea.

Agreed. I tried to PM him, but he is not taking them. His email addy is hidden in his profile, and I don't have it.

I wish someone who knows him well could speak to him on this project's behalf (assuming that doesn't go against KINGPIX's wishes).
Deon Knight

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:39 am

Agreed. I tried to PM him, but he is not taking them. His email addy is hidden in his profile, and I don't have it.

I wish someone who knows him well could speak to him on this project's behalf (assuming that doesn't go against KINGPIX's wishes).

kingpix knows which replacers to use, he has got only to bring them together and test a bit... it could take some time, but we wont give up hihi :)
btw i think kingpix himself knows how to contact connary, and since we're having also troubles with our forums :( he will reply here as soon as he has some time
Rob Davidson

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:54 pm

kingpix knows which replacers to use, he has got only to bring them together and test a bit... it could take some time, but we wont give up hihi :)
btw i think kingpix himself knows how to contact connary, and since we're having also troubles with our forums :( he will reply here as soon as he has some time

Okay, that's awesome. I was just worried about the quality of the project being compromised, since there must be reason(s) why connary's mods were chosen. I was also worried about delays, but those were less important than the quality.

It there an english version of your forums?
Georgine Lee

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Okay, that's awesome. I was just worried about the quality of the project being compromised, since there must be reason(s) why connary's mods were chosen. I was also worried about delays, but those were less important than the quality.

It there an english version of your forums?

Our forum's database got corrupted, I can't figure what's happened... the backups got corrupted too O_O
Anyway I will re-install the forum with new database... alle the old messages are gone...
Today isn't a good day for me .-.
An english section will be created aswell.
Jesus Lopez

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:11 am

Our forum's database got corrupted, I can't figure what's happened... the backups got corrupted too O_O
Anyway I will re-install the forum with new database... alle the old messages are gone...
Today isn't a good day for me .-.
An english section will be created aswell.

I'm really sorry man, that svcks. Yeah, seems like a sad day for you and the project, and the community all around. Its crazy the ripples one stone thrown into a lake can create.

I hope things pick up, and don't lose http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-05-03-captainplanet2.jpg
Chloe Lou

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm

I'm really sorry man, that svcks. Yeah, seems like a sad day for you and the project, and the community all around. Its crazy the ripples one stone thrown into a lake can create.

I hope things pick up, and don't lose http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-05-03-captainplanet2.jpg

Yeah... for sure I will finish this... :)
Thank you.
StunnaLiike FiiFii

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 1:22 am

If he has already given prior permssion whats the problem?

If someone gives you permission to use something then withdraws it thats a bit.......horrible.
Kieren Thomson

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Wow, what a bummer.

I'm really pissed about some jealous users, which can't handle that Connary was, is and will be quite popular.
Yes, there are plenty of other texture-mods, some of them have sharper/whatever textures, but all of them are lacking some kind of "love" which made his mods unique.

Since I bought a new PC I was waiting for Connary's next masterpiece... :(
kitten maciver

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:18 am

I'm really pissed about some jealous users, which can't handle that Connary was, is and will be quite popular.

You mean someone made him leave? Who? When? Why! :( We should start a pettition to get him back or something.
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:39 am

If he has already given prior permssion whats the problem?

If someone gives you permission to use something then withdraws it thats a bit.......horrible.

Best not to go there

The community is sensitive to respecting the wishes of members both current and departed.

If someone picks up their marbles and goes home we say, thanks for playing and move on.

Compilations always risk having contributors choosing to withdraw their work - that's just the way it is.

There have been many who have contributed to the art of Vvardenfell so it is not as if the team here are left without options of asking other modders if their work can be used.

However for the sake of keeping this thread open it is best not to begin a discussion of modder's rights - what is best is to respect each other's wishes and just move on.
Red Bevinz

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 2:49 pm

I hear you. I just dont see why someone has a fallout with someone else and it should spoil it for everyone else. Thats kinda like "If I am not playing no one else is" - I just dont understand why.

Anyway - as you say lets keep away from it.
john palmer

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 pm

You may think I'm mad but I love when there are problems with the overhaul.

It brings out our determination and I like to feel determinated!
Baby K(:

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 3:04 pm

You may think I'm mad but I love when there are problems with the overhaul.

It brings out our determination and I like to feel determinated!

Awesome. I hope that the mods you use instead of connary's (if that's how it ends up going) turn out even better!

Keep up the good work guys.

Wow, what a bummer.

Yes, there are plenty of other texture-mods, some of them have sharper/whatever textures, but all of them are lacking some kind of "love" which made his mods unique.

Since I bought a new PC I was waiting for Connary's next masterpiece... :(

I was really looking forward to seeing his work used in this. It svcks that it has to effect this project. Oh well, like we all have said by now, lets move on.
Andrew Perry

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:08 am

uh, just to say this: connary never gave us a permission to redistribute his textures, in fact we were linking them in the install guide, with the instruction about how to utilize them (as long as we don't use the whole package but just a part of it). but now he specifically asked not to even link a working download for his mods, so we're just adjusting our package in order to respect modder's will, as this is our first guideline :D no worries!
Isabel Ruiz

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:34 am

Is this connary guy for real? The entire Music, Movie and Gaming industries have been trying for years to get their stuff illegally distributed on the internet taken down, without any success. Connary is not going to have any luck either, its just the nature of the internet. So I dont see this as a big problem, while i understand morally you have to take out the links to his mods, you could always tell people to search for them themselves, as I said, its impossible for it to disappear.
Bethany Short

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Is this connary guy for real? The entire Music, Movie and Gaming industries have been trying for years to get their stuff illegally distributed on the internet taken down, without any success. Connary is not going to have any luck either, its just the nature of the internet. So I dont see this as a big problem, while i understand morally you have to take out the links to his mods, you could always tell people to search for them themselves, as I said, its impossible for it to disappear.

exactly, this is what shall be done, a brief explaination about what happened, how to behave, and how we chose to behave, plus a part explaining how to set up overhaul "in case you're in possession of those textures".
Marine x

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:29 pm

seriously, guys, this thread is not about connary's mods.

We can find texture replacers of the same quality and put them together in a short time, so don't worry.

Of course we accept any suggestion, if you know a good texture replacer let us know!
We want to make this process as fast as possible ;)
Euan

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 6:55 pm

seriously, guys, this thread is not about connary's mods.

We can find texture replacers of the same quality and put them together in a short time, so don't worry.

Of course we accept any suggestion, if you know a good texture replacer let us know!
We want to make this process as fast as possible ;)

Amen, there's plenty of great texture replacers out there. It'd be nice to see some other great modders showcased as well.
Charles Weber

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Amen, there's plenty of great texture replacers out there. It'd be nice to see some other great modders showcased as well.

I can agree with that, if Connary wants to take his ball and go home, its his choice and right but it really does also does give other talented modders a chance to get noticed. Its Connarys loss really.
Kelly John

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:38 pm

There's been a new version ofhttp://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7335, updating the mod to v1.9 from v1.8.

Also, another mod you may want to take a loot at including is http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=8968 which look great.

*EDIT*

Added another link to a nice graphics replacer, http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/754-chrysamere-replacer/, also from InsanitySorrow
Harry Hearing

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind