Most powerfull daedric prince?

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:50 pm

White is nothing, black is everything. Death and life work just as well, too.

Well, when I went to actually see them, I really couldn't see the difference. But they sure as hell acted like your typical siblings in that did not want to be like the other
Nikki Lawrence

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Money is power, therefore Clavicus Vile is the most powerful.

He isnt actually the Daedra God of Money...
Clavicus Vile is the Daedric prince whose sphere is the granting of power and wishes through ritual invocations and pacts.

He just got lots of souls. So unless you believe that "Souls are power, therefore Clavicus Vile is the most powerful" (which you are perfectly allowed to believe) then he shouldnt be the most powerful in your opinion...
Jordan Moreno

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 am

He isnt actually the Daedra God of Money...
Clavicus Vile is the Daedric prince whose sphere is the granting of power and wishes through ritual invocations and pacts.

He just got lots of souls. So unless you believe that "Souls are power, therefore Clavicus Vile is the most powerful" (which you are perfectly allowed to believe) then he shouldnt be the most powerful in your opinion...

I know, but he tricks people, and I would imagine that he would do some pecuniary trickery,
Sakura Haruno

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 am

This is why I think SI was a story to make the CoC insane. Jyggalag would have had followers at one point. And, if not, he would have at least had stories. I mean, there's many gods that have disappeared, yet we know of thier stories.

The Leper King before he was cursed (even though he's Dagon)
Lokhan / Shezzar / whatever
Most of the Aedra
The other guy in the Leper King story (I forgot his name)
And many more

My point is, everyone has some kind of story, no matter how unknown they are. Personally, I actually think this is more in-depth, and in character of Sheogorath, than the CoC simply becoming a god. Sheogorath is known for complex plots that are just to make someone insane.

An interesting thought, but thankfully non-canon. In the canon Sheogorath was mantled by a mortal, the first Daedric Prince to be mantled by a mortal.

It would make SI rather pointless if Sheo was expending all that effort to make one mortal insane, regardless of how pivotal that mortal was in Nirn - the effort and the scope of the venture is rendered pointless by your idea.

Also, Daedric Princes don't need worship, that's why they are Daedra. They are primordial concepts given form, they preceed Nirn and its mortals and further, removed themselves from the constraints of Mundus (thus not needing the worship of mortals, as they had no hand in their creation).

Daedric Princes for the most part shouldn't even care for their worshipers, but I suspect they do out of whim, amusemant simple desire to possess something of Nirn? But they certainly have no need for worship or worshippers, unlike the Aedra they are not tied to the will of mortals.

Lastly, and certainly most importantly, Jyggalag is new to the Lore, any past absence of his name in the lore is not an indication that SI "was all a dream", unless you disapprove the idea of new stories, and new characters in the Elder Scrolls pantheons?
Eire Charlotta

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Too many Camoran impersonators.

... desire to possess something of Nirn?

Which is what one of the Daedra books suggests. Actually, maybe it's the Cyrodilic creation myth. The only method I see of reversing their taint is to pull Adamantine tower out of Nirn. [censored]-block their reference point, and they'll coalesce back into Lorkhan/Akatosh.
Shelby Huffman

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:19 pm

I know, but he tricks people, and I would imagine that he would do some pecuniary trickery,

I am pretty sure any Daedric Prince could make gold flow out of all fountains on Nirn until the earth was filled to the brim with gold and it had drowned everyone. If all barriers were removed that is.
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 pm

An interesting thought, but thankfully non-canon. In the canon Sheogorath was mantled by a mortal, the first Daedric Prince to be mantled by a mortal.

Why thankfully? And what proof do you have that the CoC isn't insane? (Remember, anything in Oblivion can't be counted if the CoC is insane)

It would make SI rather pointless

Umm...

Are you not familiar with Morrowind/Infernal City?

Or the many endings in Daggerfall?

It happens all the time. No use crying over it.

Also, Daedric Princes don't need worship, that's why they are Daedra. They are primordial concepts given form, they preceed Nirn and its mortals and further, removed themselves from the constraints of Mundus (thus not needing the worship of mortals, as they had no hand in their creation).

I didn't say they did. I just think there should have been stories about Jyggalag at one time or other. Nothing at all was out there.

Lastly, and certainly most importantly, Jyggalag is new to the Lore, any past absence of his name in the lore is not an indication that SI "was all a dream", unless you disapprove the idea of new stories, and new characters in the Elder Scrolls pantheons?

The inclusion of such an important character requires thought and hard work. They can't just make a god out of thin air. They should have released a few lore book in Oblivion, or a hint of something in Morrowind. It just makes no sense whatsoever that no one in Nirn recorded a single scrap of information about Jyggalag, yet, all these other gods are perfectly preserved. I mean, there's even lore about the moons being a part of Lorkhan.
Chavala

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:30 am

Personally I think its implied that no single daedra is more powerfull than another, but that they can play of and trick one another in legends and lore to achieve a goal over the others.
But it usally ends in reprisal mostly leading to changes on Nirn but not of much note in the realms and balance of oblivion.
Lucky Boy

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 am

The inclusion of such an important character requires thought and hard work. They can't just make a god out of thin air. They should have released a few lore book in Oblivion, or a hint of something in Morrowind. It just makes no sense whatsoever that no one in Nirn recorded a single scrap of information about Jyggalag, yet, all these other gods are perfectly preserved. I mean, there's even lore about the moons being a part of Lorkhan.

Theres no use arguing with the rest of your posts, but I will answer this part. Jyggylag is mentioned prior to SI. However, being that he spends the vast majority of his time being Sheograth, it makes sense that mortal's don't know much about him.
Kate Murrell

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:01 am

Theres no use arguing with the rest of your posts, but I will answer this part. Jyggylag is mentioned prior to SI. However, being that he spends the vast majority of his time being Sheograth, it makes sense that mortal's don't know much about him.

Where is Jyggalag mentioned prior to SI? I dont think I have ever heard of him there... Can be wrong.
xxLindsAffec

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Where is Jyggalag mentioned prior to SI? I dont think I have ever heard of him there... Can be wrong.

Back in Daggerfall. He was a non-factor for years. No mystery to him, just completely unimportant and unknown. No mystery because there wasn't enough known to entice and reward an effort to uncover him. Completely unimportant.
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:21 am

Why thankfully? And what proof do you have that the CoC isn't insane? (Remember, anything in Oblivion can't be counted if the CoC is insane)

It's anticlimatic. Again, your theory isn't part of the plot point of SI, whcih was to have a mortal champion (in this case CoC) finally stop the recurring curse of the Greymarch, thus finally seperating Sheogorath (Madness/Chaos) from Jyggalag (Order), and in so doing take the mantle of Madness.

Umm...

Are you not familiar with Morrowind/Infernal City?

Or the many endings in Daggerfall?

It happens all the time. No use crying over it.

Daggerfall's multiple endings needed to be resolved for lore purposes, nothing to cry about there. Infernal City has no impact on Morrowind, doesn't change the fact that Dagoth Ur was a threat to the continent and maybe the Empire as a whole, it was a crisis - nothing to cry about there.

SI is self contained, unless you've made an official retcon of the events there nothing's changed. Jyggalag was freed and the CoC took his place as the Mad One, without the duplicity of Order asserting itself every era.

Again, Jyggalag exists in the infinite seas of Oblivion there are a whole lot of Daedric creatures and entities not known on Nirn. Furthermore, there are no specific rules for introducing a new story or character in the lore, pantheons or otherwise. He was given a backstory, in the fiction he didn't come out of thin air.
Matt Terry

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Again, Jyggalag exists in the infinite seas of Oblivion there are a whole lot of Daedric creatures and entities not known on Nirn. Furthermore, there are no specific rules for introducing a new story or character in the lore, pantheons or otherwise. He was given a backstory, in the fiction he didn't come out of thin air.

Indeed, Oblivion (the place) intrigues me for this reason; the mortal races in Tamriel know so little about it (heck, they know so little about even the other continents on their plane, but that's beside the point). There's so much potential in it.
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:21 pm

They aren't supposed to be familiar with Oblivion. It exists for obscuring, as a veil would. So much less is known of Aetherius. Oblivion is the water's sheen, where the Aether lies beneath.
Judy Lynch

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:16 pm

regardless of all the above, I just like the conversation you had with Jyggy and the end of SI as wel as all the disuccions with Sheogorath and Azura (in past games).

I just hate that there was no discussion with Mehrunes Dagon at the end of oblivion. Would love some sort of conversation with him.
Tammie Flint

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:31 pm

I dont believe people have said Boethiah. Just throwing that out there <_<
:)Colleenn

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:27 pm

I dont believe people have said Boethiah. Just throwing that out there <_<

Boethiah's credibility took a major hit when that pillow book hit the shelves.
sunny lovett

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Boethiah's credibility took a major hit when that pillow book hit the shelves.

lol Yes, it did. I guess s/he knows what they're talking about, it's banned by the temple.
Joanne Crump

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Lol im pretty sure i know what you mean but not a 100% sure. Inform me and ill tell you if i knew lol. I dont want to assume and be wrong.
Stephani Silva

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Yer a 'man' or 'woman,' depending on the culture. In the Illiac, you are a 'woman,' and in Morrowind and Cyrodiil, you are a 'man.' And you wrote this kama sutra, which is banned by Morrowind's Temple, and because Morrowind's Temple banned some other pivotal books, I joked that your sutras must be dangerous. Even revolutionary. Harr hardy harr?
Dale Johnson

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:22 pm

My Nurglite went partially blind after seeing a page when he dropped the book he stole by accident, and it wasn't because of the disease of the day.
Nicola

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:58 am

Anyone know who created the daedra? of were they just there to begin with. Besides a select few.
And thank you all for your replys.
Jerry Cox

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion