Most powerfull daedric prince?

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Which daedric prince is the most powerfull.
I personally think its jyggalag because he was cursed by the other princes that were fearful of his power. But one thing I don't understand is how could you defeat jyggalags avatar but not mehrunes dagon?
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:24 am

The princes are all more or less equal in their power, though it manifests in different ways.
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:30 am

Mehrunes is the most destructive, as he is destruction. I'd say, in raw power, MD. However, Jyggy is only really that powerful, because he can predict what will happen to the nearest dot, so he's the best strategist of the bunch. However, Nocturnal IS the echo of the void, so that's something one should think about.
carla

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Interesting information. Does anyone know of any books/sources in elder scrolls lore where I can find out more about Jyggalag. And I hope they expand with the daedra more in tes 5 (Jyggalag will return!) hahaha anyway thanks for your replys.

-w2drs21
Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Interesting information. Does anyone know of any books/sources in elder scrolls lore where I can find out more about Jyggalag. And I hope they expand with the daedra more in tes 5 (Jyggalag will return!) hahaha anyway thanks for your replys.

-w2drs21

Outside of a name-drop, Everything about Jyggalag is from Shivering Isles.
Bek Rideout

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Outside of a name-drop, Everything about Jyggalag is from Shivering Isles.

Sadly :(
I really hope they expand on him in tes5.
Well thanks for your reply.
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Sadly :(
I really hope they expand on him in tes5.
Well thanks for your reply.

He's free now, so I hope we see him again in the future, as well. As for power, what Lady Nerevar and Hellmouth said.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Individual power aside, Jyggalag does seem to have one big advantage; unlike the lesser Daedra that the other Princes favor, his Knights of Order do not tire, they know no fear, they're completely obedient, and as long as an Obelisk is present and active, they can come in endless waves. Jyggalag mentioned his territory was expanding when he was cursed to become Sheogorath.
Amber Hubbard

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Individual power aside, Jyggalag does seem to have one big advantage; unlike the lesser Daedra that the other Princes favor, his Knights of Order do not tire, they know no fear, they're completely obedient, and as long as an Obelisk is present and active, they can come in endless waves. Jyggalag mentioned his territory was expanding when he was cursed to become Sheogorath.

You brought up a good point. One thing that bothers me about the knights of order is that in the cs there imperials = ( but that's not lore but it stills bugs me for some reason. Also I wish the Priest of Order were daedra like the knights.well thanks for your replys everyone. now only if they had oblivion mini statues or figures(in real life not mods) yes call me obssesed.

-w2drs21
Kit Marsden

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:22 am

Knights of Order may not be lesser Daedra in the common sense, but perhaps a personified embodiment of the realm of Order. The exist only around the parts where Order is strongest in the isles (the obelisks, which cannot be destroyed), and I doubt that they can go beyond the realm that they are part of (that is Shivering Isles). So I wouldn't count them as a reason for Jyggy's power.

I think its also important to mention that the power of the Daedra is very much dependent on the mortals and on each other. Azura (beginnings and endings) and Dagon (revolution, destruction) are very much interconnected, for example. Same goes for Vaernima (dreams/nightmares) and Sheogorath (madness). All of their visible spheres also act directly on mortals - madness would wield no power if there was no one to drive crazy.
Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Knights of Order may not be lesser Daedra in the common sense, but perhaps a personified embodiment of the realm of Order. The exist only around the parts where Order is strongest in the isles (the obelisks, which cannot be destroyed), and I doubt that they can go beyond the realm that they are part of (that is Shivering Isles). So I wouldn't count them as a reason for Jyggy's power.

I think its also important to mention that the power of the Daedra is very much dependent on the mortals and on each other. Azura (beginnings and endings) and Dagon (revolution, destruction) are very much interconnected, for example. Same goes for Vaernima (dreams/nightmares) and Sheogorath (madness). All of their visible spheres also act directly on mortals - madness would wield no power if there was no one to drive crazy.

So the knights of order in a sense are Jyggalag? And are Daedric Princes as powerfull as aedra? And would you consider Jyggalag evil
GLOW...

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Thats my guess, yes.

I'd say the Daedra are more powerful than the Aedra in the traditional sense of the word since they are not taxed with creating Mundus. They are certainly more involved in everyday life. Either way, the traditional idea of power does not apply to et'Ada.

I've talked on my ideas of evil at length already (in short: it does not apply, least of all to gods). No, Jyggy is not evil.
Dorian Cozens

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Thats my guess, yes.

I'd say the Daedra are more powerful than the Aedra in the traditional sense of the word since they are not taxed with creating Mundus. They are certainly more involved in everyday life. Either way, the traditional idea of power does not apply to et'Ada.

I've talked on my ideas of evil at length already (in short: it does not apply, least of all to gods). No, Jyggy is not evil.

okay thanks.
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:27 pm

One may say things do need to be orderly at times, else everything devolves into chaos...I REJECT THAT! CHAOS IS MASTER!
Kanaoka

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:27 pm

One may say things do need to be orderly at times, else everything devolves into chaos...I REJECT THAT! CHAOS IS MASTER!

haha. Jyggalag will eat Khorne for breakfast. :P
Lynne Hinton

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Perhaps, but if his territory was expanding, it suggests he could manifest his obelisks elsewhere. Like a Zerg Drone morphing into a Hatchery (for those familiar with Starcraft). The only real snag I see is getting his mortal priests there, since they seem pretty important to him.
Hairul Hafis

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:32 am

Perhaps, but if his territory was expanding, it suggests he could manifest his obelisks elsewhere. Like a Zerg Drone morphing into a Hatchery (for those familiar with Starcraft). The only real snag I see is getting his mortal priests there, since they seem pretty important to him.

Maybe he could manifest his own priest (basically knights of order whom are priest) although I don't know if that would work though, assuming that they have to come out of the obelisk first.
Philip Rua

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:50 am

Mehrunes is the most destructive, as he is destruction. I'd say, in raw power, MD. However, Jyggy is only really that powerful, because he can predict what will happen to the nearest dot, so he's the best strategist of the bunch. However, Nocturnal IS the echo of the void, so that's something one should think about.

What do you mean by Nocturnal is the "echo of the void"? Would you be more literal so I can understand?
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 pm

It's...what I said. You do know what an echo is, right?
Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:40 am

Well got give it to Sheo- I mean Jygglag(spelling?) , like said they were fearful of his power.

But MD seems to be the one thats always trying to do something nasty to the mortals. The rest are a bit lazy.

but Malacath might be able to start some infighting between everyone-pulls puppets strings-.
Tracy Byworth

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:54 pm

How can you expand beyond infinity?
Multi Multi

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:41 pm

but Malacath might be able to start some infighting between everyone-pulls puppets strings-.

By...being a complete and total outcast? Or do you mean Melphala, the webspinner?
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:42 am

It's...what I said. You do know what an echo is, right?
The mountain nymph that Zeus employed to distract Hera.

Or a sound reflection. So an echo of a void would be the sound reflection of vast nada.
Lynette Wilson

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 am

By...being a complete and total outcast? Or do you mean Melphala, the webspinner?
Yes I get those 2 mixed up. yes the webspinner.
Becky Palmer

Post » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:37 pm

How can you expand beyond infinity?

Into someone else's infinity, of course.

Edit: Or perhaps it's not as infinite as we would believe
[/heresy]

Regardless, I can't imagine Jyggalag as someone who would lie in his defeat monologue.
Jade Muggeridge

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion