Necromage question - please help!

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Can someone PLEASE provide definitive feedback on this?

I am playing Skyrim remastered on PS4, without mods.

OK - I'll run through a hypothetical example of how I want to structure my charcater build and you guys tell me if it is going to work, or not.

So..........I want to be a necromage vampire archer.

I am currently level 1 and have not leveled a single skill or completed a single quest. Just got to Whiterun.

I ultimately want to obtain EVERY perk in the archery skill tree.

My major question is........................Do I have to become a vampire FIRST. Then take Necromage. And finally take the perks I want Necromage to affect?

Or can I do it in any order? So for example; can I take an archery perk and then take Necromage and then become a vampire?

Also, does anyone know how if I need to be careful with the "steady hand" archery perk? I thought there was some glitch that would really mess up your slo-mo timing if you took that perk AFTER necromage!

Please help me out - thanks guys!

IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:12 pm

Why did you create a second post when one is good

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1612466-would-really-appreciate-help-with-this-necromage-question/

I have never played as a vampire.

Becky Cox

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to spam. Just finding it hard to get a definitive answer : )

Kayleigh Williams

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:01 pm

You need to be both vampire and have the necromage perk before taking other perks if you want those perks to be affected by necromage. Only some perks are affected but I cannot remember which ones. But I know for a fact that perks you take before you become a necromage vampire won't be affected by it.
willow

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:13 pm

Thank you so much for the clear and concise answer. I can play quite naturally now, and will level up as normal but I'll be careful about spending Necromage perks.

The great thing is, I'll be able to test the slow time archery perk at a convenient save game too. And if it glitches out......I can just reload the save right before I spent that perk point.

Thanks again!
Ashley Tamen

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Sorry - one last thing. What happens if I'm a Necromage vampire but I'm cured? Like during the companions......

If Serena turns me back, are all me perks/bonuses gone? Should I do companions first perhaps?
Ana

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:29 am

Yes, you want to take the slow time perk before becoming a necrovamp because if you take it after, the necromage bonus slows it down too much and it can glitch out.

As far as curing vampirism after being a necro vamp and taking other perks, I think those stick but I can't remember for sure. Been a long time since I played a necromage vampire.
Benjamin Holz

Return to V - Skyrim