Post » Mon May 10, 2010 1:13 am

MenuQue
Bringing you the menus of Tomorrow, Today
Version 9a

Download at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=32200
Requires http://obse.silverlock.org/
v19

What's it all about:

This plugin for the Oblivion Script Extender is the result of me looking into how both OBSE works and how the game works. It began as a small plugin with only a handful of UI and quest functions. But it quickly grew far larger than I could have ever imagined. For a full list of functions and descriptions check out the documentation in the archive. But it is safe to say that the bulk of these functions allow for greater and/or easier manipulation of the UI (through script) aswell as help create new UI elements or whole new menus. The possibilities are nearly endless.

Other features:
  • The ability to load an additional 25 extra fonts, giving a much larger variaty. http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Extra_Fonts_%28MenuQue%29.
  • The ability to load additional strings.xml files, which the game uses as a source for string localization (e.g. language and translation). http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Extra_Fonts_%28MenuQue%29.
  • Easy to use replication of the few hardcoded behaviours of the UI, like scrolling, dragging or small typing boxes. http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Tile_Systems_%28MenuQue%29.

See the readme for more details on installing and/or uninstalling the mod.

See the command documentation for a list of all the new functions and examples on how to use them.

Special thanks to:

• The OBSE team for making OBSE and scruggsy in particular for decoding all font-related stuff.
  • shadeMe for continuously reminding me I should keep modding for Oblivion. :P And ofcourse alot of help with solving problems and finding the new things I needed.
  • TheNiceOne for help with a few C++ problems and general ideas and suggestions.
  • andalaybay for making sure I stayed efficient and general support.
  • Claviticus for much needed help debugging two crashes and general support.
  • Me for finally deciding to start digging in the internal works of OBSE.
  • All the others I may have forgotten, please don't be mad...!

Taylor Tifany

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 5:44 am

Reserved...
Paula Rose

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 4:09 am

Keep up the bad work :thumbsup:
john page

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 6:19 am

Reserved...
Ewr....for what? *curious look*
Monique Cameron

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Ewr....for what? *curious look*
Now you know!
jennie xhx

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 3:01 am

Now you know!
Ahhh.... I should have guessed. ;)
Nauty

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 9:03 am

Awesome, I'm going to have to check this out in a bit.. :) (Kinda having issues with beths button code atm, I don't know who coded that, but, umm, yeah..)

Anyways, lot's of nice looking toys, I'm planning on putting most of them to use, so thanks a lot Kyoma. :D

----

Edit: Well, I've tried it out, and the results are in, and those results, are, well, SUCCESS! :D /suspense

It worked like a charm, and as described it was easy to implement, couldn't ask for more, great work! :)
Mark

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 8:26 am

I haven't tried this plugin yet, but the functionally described is just awesome! I will definitely use it a lot in the future, once I am done with my current sub-projects.

Thanks for this, it's really appreciated.
Jennifer Rose

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 am

Hi kyoma, sorry to bug you again. >_> Apparently v9 doesn't work with HUD Status Bars, none of the bars show up anymore. v8 (obse19 version) works fine for me.
Sxc-Mary

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 1:43 am

Hi kyoma, sorry to bug you again. >_> Apparently v9 doesn't work with HUD Status Bars, none of the bars show up anymore. v8 (obse19 version) works fine for me.
Hmm, will investigate. In the mean time, have there been other reports? Cause it would be much easier if I knew for sure it stops working for everybody. :)
Mr. Ray

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 7:07 am

Hmm, will investigate. In the mean time, have there been other reports? Cause it would be much easier if I knew for sure it stops working for everybody. :)

Asked in the HUD Status bar thread, but no one else mentioned anything. TNO suggested I report it here.
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Well, I don't have HudStatusBars installed right now, but I can say MenuQue v9 is working perfectly for me.

I'm using about every feature available, even undocumented stuff..

I'll check it out for ya, I've still got the mod, give me a bit, and I'll edit this post with the results..

---------

Edit: Works fine for me, OBSE v20 Beta 5, MenuQue v9, HudStatusBars v4.0....
Crystal Clear

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Well, I don't have HudStatusBars installed right now, but I can say MenuQue v9 is working perfectly for me.

I'm using about every feature available, even undocumented stuff..

I'll check it out for ya, I've still got the mod, give me a bit, and I'll edit this post with the results..

---------

Edit: Works fine for me, OBSE v20 Beta 5, MenuQue v9, HudStatusBars v4.0....

*gets sneaking suspicion*

Ah ha, you are right. obse20b5 works with MenuQue v9 and Hud Status bars. v9 is suppose be have lowered requirement to obse19b though, which is what I'm using because of Enhanced Hotkeys.
Lou

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 2:00 am

*gets sneaking suspicion*

Ah ha, you are right. obse20b5 works with MenuQue v9 and Hud Status bars. v9 is suppose be have lowered requirement to obse19b though, which is what I'm using because of Enhanced Hotkeys.

What? I use Enhanced Hotkeys with no problems with my setup. ?

Not sure I get why that mod would have such a requirement anyways, any newer OBSE should work for mods made with older versions..

Are you sure you didn't misread the readme, or something? (I always say, requires OBSE vXX when I release, but that's just a minimum, not a set OBSE version, anything greater also works..)
Josee Leach

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 3:05 pm

What? I use Enhanced Hotkeys with no problems with my setup. ?

Not sure I get why that mod would have such a requirement anyways, any newer OBSE should work for mods made with older versions..

Are you sure you didn't misread the readme, or something?

Long story lol. Basically obse20b5 + EH + Deadly Reflex 6 produced some kind of conflict. I mentioned it in the obse thread, right when you were getting frustrated with your coding problem. :tongue:
Tamara Primo

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Long story lol. Basically obse20b5 + EH + Deadly Reflex 6 produced some kind of conflict. I mentioned it in the obse thread, right when you were getting frustrated with your coding problem. :tongue:

Oh, so it involves other mods, etc,.. That makes more sense, and yes, I probably wouldn't have noticed if I was getting aggravated.. :)
Nana Samboy

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 am

Ok, good news I guess. :)
Chloe Mayo

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 3:51 am

Hey Kyoma, do you know what menu runs the little magic pop ups, I mean in your inventory, showing all the magic effects on the item, etc,. ?

My mod can add bunches of effects, and that will stop displaying them at 8, I was wanting to see if I couldn't fix that somehow to show more.. I mainly bring it up, because, it may, or may not require, new features.. ;) - Basically, I want to keep my mod separated from the normal game assets, I don't want to just overwrite the Bethesda file, I want to hook it, I guess, that way if you disable my mod, this also get's disabled.... (Also, that way I can make it an .ini option so it doesn't conflict with UI mods..I'm too tired to talk right, I hope you know what I mean..)

Btw, did you get that rotate thing sorted?

---------------

Ok, I found it, it was the magic_popup_menu, and I see you have a function for this, so it may be doable as is, I'll have to look into it tomorrow, if I have any issues trying to make it work as I described, I guess we can go from there..

I'm out, I gotta ZzzzZzZzzzzzzz.........
Dona BlackHeart

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Hey folks...

Yes, I can verify that HUD Status bars go bye-bye when using MQ9 with OBSE 19. I also get an error message about MiniMap and that poops out as well. I haven't tried 20b5 yet as I was playing with Deadly Reflex 6 myself for a bit. I went back to DR5 and never placed 20b5 back into the mix. I'll give it a shot and report back if anybody wants to hear about it.

By the way, Kyoma, great stuff here. Nice work.
Richard Thompson

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 7:27 am

This may be totally unrelated but after installing v9 I began getting this error in EE

error in script 2b040eb0
Operator <---- Failed to evaluate to a valid result

File: enhanced economy.esp offset 0x00EF

EDIT: It looks like this issue is connected with anything connected to obse. Its not a menuque issue. Not sure what the problem is
Danny Warner

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 12:15 pm

I also get an error message about MiniMap and that poops out as well.

And i can confirm about the Minimap error. When i tried MenuQue v9 i got the error message and the minimap no longer showed. After reverting to the previous version of MenuQue that i was using the minimap worked again.
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 7:18 am

Yep, if I use v9 with OBSE 0019b HUD Status Bars doesn't work at all and Oblivion XP is generating an empty, looping spam message that never disappears and thus prevents any other message from showing up. With OBSE 20 beta everything works fine though.
Kit Marsden

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 10:54 am

Hmm yes, seems I made a tiny little mistake when downgrading it for v0019. Trying to fix it now. Fixed!

Version 9a
* Now really works with OBSE v19.
Dalley hussain

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 4:06 pm

* Now really works with OBSE v19.

*grabs* Working now, HUD Status bars and Oblivion XP both seems ok. :thumbsup:
Queen

Post » Mon May 10, 2010 7:58 am

Kyoma is going to never want to read the words "Oblivion XP" ever again :lol: Glad it's sorted. Grabbing 9a.

** He made a whole bunch of changes to MenuQue to give me some new functionality I needed for Ob XP. :D
Kelly James

Next

Return to IV - Oblivion