Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul SPOILERS, Thread #28

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 am

Forgot to add, I use Light Armour, so the Daedric Prince pieces are just pretty display things to me. Very pretty, although the masher is just damn impressive. Too heavy for my stealthy character.

Sneak, sneak, drops hammer, ***CLANG ANG ANG ANG*** *bugger*
Ashley Clifft

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:53 am

Well, my character has hit another milestone... finding his first Glass item. It was a war-axe that he took off a boss level Amazon. His romp through their cavern also made him healthily richer from selling off all their armor (since it's useless to him as a male) and gemstones. He also got a new bow in the bargain, too. :)

Them amazons are mighty dangerous, but they sure do pay well! :biggrin:

Oh, and before you ask, no trickery involved. Just me, my bow, and a lot of sneak attacks. ;)
zoe

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:39 am

Well, my character has hit another milestone... finding his first Glass item. It was a war-axe that he took off a boss level Amazon. His romp through their cavern also made him healthily richer from selling off all their armor (since it's useless to him as a male) and gemstones. He also got a new bow in the bargain, too. :)

Them amazons are mighty dangerous, but they sure do pay well! :biggrin:

Oh, and before you ask, no trickery involved. Just me, my bow, and a lot of sneak attacks. ;)

I always play female chars. Which armors do male chars get from the Amazon ones - is it just Fur or something when worn by males?
CArlos BArrera

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:34 am

I'm not sure about the fur armor, but the bronze armor and the dark plated armor are definitely female only.
Jeff Turner

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:51 am

Something is odd with Light of Dawn in my game, the vampire kill count script doesn't seem to kick in properly most of the time. I've only got like, 1-2 kills that actually registered, the other 20+ kills didn't add to the count. Don't know how the script works, but is there a "proper" method to kill vampires so that they'd register? Might be mod incompatibility of course, but my load order is very long so would be hard to troubleshoot unless someone knows exactly which mod doesn't play well..
DAVId Bryant

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:03 am

That script has always been a bit problematic. Most of the issues were ironed out in 1.31, but it can still bug out on you. If Light of Dawn stops registering vampire kills entirely, use this console command to get things straightened out:

set OOOVampDeadCount to XX (Where XX is the number of vampires you've killed).
Jordyn Youngman

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:06 am

That script has always been a bit problematic. Most of the issues were ironed out in 1.31, but it can still bug out on you. If Light of Dawn stops registering vampire kills entirely, use this console command to get things straightened out:

set OOOVampDeadCount to XX (Where XX is the number of vampires you've killed).

Ah I see, thank ye. ^_^ That's what I'd been doing, hoped there's a fix since it's so totally immersion breaking.
Brandi Norton

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 am

I'm not sure about the fur armor, but the bronze armor and the dark plated armor are definitely female only.

So a male char can't even equip Amazons armor? I thought they'd get Fur etc. visuals instead.

Something is odd with Light of Dawn in my game, the vampire kill count script doesn't seem to kick in properly most of the time. I've only got like, 1-2 kills that actually registered, the other 20+ kills didn't add to the count. Don't know how the script works, but is there a "proper" method to kill vampires so that they'd register? Might be mod incompatibility of course, but my load order is very long so would be hard to troubleshoot unless someone knows exactly which mod doesn't play well..

IIRC, I've heard that people using DR don't get kill counts when killing with DR moves, i.e. decapitating etc. Might be the same with other mods having similar features. Other than that, if having much Reflect Damage etc. that might cause it as well, i.e. when it isn't LoD actually killing the vamp but some other simultaneous effect. Vamps added by other mods will not be counted either, depending on how they are set up. Also, make sure you're using at least OOO 1.33 (preferably 1.34 Beta 5 as it has other fixes) as it fixed some stuff in the script IIRC.
bonita mathews

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:54 am

IIRC, I've heard that people using DR don't get kill counts when killing with DR moves, i.e. decapitating etc. Might be the same with other mods having similar features. Other than that, if having much Reflect Damage etc. that might cause it as well, i.e. when it isn't LoD actually killing the vamp but some other simultaneous effect. Vamps added by other mods will not be counted either, depending on how they are set up. Also, make sure you're using at least OOO 1.33 (preferably 1.34 Beta 5 as it has other fixes) as it fixed some stuff in the script IIRC.

Mmm I do have DR, but I don't do anything fancy when killing them. Usually just snuck up behind them and wacked with Light of Dawn. Using OOO 1.34 beta 5, and one of the location was Barren Cave, a vanilla vampire nest I believe? Anyway, I'll live with it and just try to take note of the exact circumstances when the script does trigger properly next time.
Evaa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Mmm I do have DR, but I don't do anything fancy when killing them. Usually just snuck up behind them and wacked with Light of Dawn. Using OOO 1.34 beta 5, and one of the location was Barren Cave, a vanilla vampire nest I believe? Anyway, I'll live with it and just try to take note of the exact circumstances when the script does trigger properly next time.

I'd recommend that next time you do a vampire dungeon you check the vampire kill count via the console, keep track on vampires killed and then check it again. IIRC, sometimes you don't get the message update if killing several vampires within a short period, but it's still counted. Reason I say IIRC is that the scripts are partly updated in the version I'm using so I can't compare. Anyway, the problem with my tip is that I can't remember which console command to use for checking the vampire kill count - hopefully someone else knows it. "show OOOVampDeadCount"? :unsure:

EDIT: Yes, it's

show OOOVampDeadCount

Check before and after killing some vamps.
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:06 am

I need help with the Sylvan rangers quest.

Spoiler
My poor little Warrior/Warrior has wiped out all the "bad guys" in Rosulas. I have opened all the containers and I have checked all the loot on the zillion bodies piled knee deep. The only place I haven't been able to check is the area behind the gate that is locked. It requires a key and can't be lockpicked. I can't find that key anywhere! Can someone tell me where the key is or what I have to do to get behind the gate. It leads to an upper level that I can see from a long room. I tried to jump up to that level but that isn't doable.

Thanks,
Marilyn
Allison C

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 am

sharon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:11 pm

So a male char can't even equip Amazons armor? I thought they'd get Fur etc. visuals instead.

Yup. Last time I tried, it was force-unequipped with a message that the armor was not designed to fit me.

Also, I must say it is nice to be at level 20 and not see any bandits wearing glass armor all over the place. Mithril is about the best I've seen them wear so far, and its usually of the worn variety (though higher-level versions tend to come with Armamentarium retextures).

And my collection of Ayleid coins is approaching 450 now. Still having fun. :)
Jade Payton

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Something curious about Goblin Jim's Cave.
Spoiler
I worked my way through and found Goblin Jim's little "house", with his bed, table, and chests and stuff. One of the chests needs a key... but this key is nowhere to be found. UESP makes no mention of this locked chest, so I'm assuming it's added by OOO. I find it a bit odd for Goblin Jim to have a locked chest that he doesn't even have the key for, and no note or anything about the key's location. Any hints on where this key might be?

Kayla Keizer

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:40 am

Something curious about Goblin Jim's Cave.
Spoiler
I worked my way through and found Goblin Jim's little "house", with his bed, table, and chests and stuff. One of the chests needs a key... but this key is nowhere to be found. UESP makes no mention of this locked chest, so I'm assuming it's added by OOO. I find it a bit odd for Goblin Jim to have a locked chest that he doesn't even have the key for, and no note or anything about the key's location. Any hints on where this key might be?

I'm guessing you have Kragenir's Death Quest installed, the chest is part of its main quest.
Theodore Walling

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:48 am

Hi,

Fairly new to OOO/FCOM (first real install a couple weeks old, toon is level 14). I have a couple questions:

1)Savage trolls. Do they have any kind of special invulnerability to regular weapons like, say, a ghost or spectral warrior have? I cannot seem to hit them for any kind of damage with a decent (Elven, dmg 9, weight 8) blade, 90 strength and 52 blade skill. I've been pounding on one for about 15 minutes, chugging potions like an addict, and did not even get a sliver off. Then conjuring a diminutive minotaur actually killed the troll in about 10 hits. Maybe less.

2)Any tips on making some cash? I have been playing travelling alchemist quite a lot, buying ingredients from every inn/alchemists in each town, going to my house in Frostcrag and making/selling hundreds of potions. But then I go and enchant an item, make a spell and I am back to square 1. Traveling merchant is growing old. Any cave/ruin I could go exploring at my level for good cash rewards?

3)Enchanting weapons - I could use some advice here as well. I tend to end up with a weapon that can be "used" 20 times and that's not practical for me. I do not have enough soul gems to recharge it that often. I use 1 handed blades/shield - any clue as to what enchant I should be focusing on for now? Drain life/magicka sounds kinda neat as I use spells a ton during combat. Drain agility also sounds good as my agility is low and I get staggered a lot. Not sure on a good quantity/duration/area effect though.

Thanks!

**edit** While on the subject of enchantment:

4)Is there a difference between enchanting an Iron sword and, say, a glass sword? Is the quality of the item you enchant a factor in the enchant-ability of the item? If not, is there a mod that would change that? Most enchanting mods out there are "multiple enchants" mods or magic system overhauls that include enchanting tweaks.
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:22 am

I'm guessing you have Kragenir's Death Quest installed, the chest is part of its main quest.

Indeed I do. Thanks for the clarification. :)
Annick Charron

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:58 am

Hi,

Fairly new to OOO/FCOM (first real install a couple weeks old, toon is level 14). I have a couple questions:

1)Savage trolls. Do they have any kind of special invulnerability to regular weapons like, say, a ghost or spectral warrior have? I cannot seem to hit them for any kind of damage with a decent (Elven, dmg 9, weight 8) blade, 90 strength and 52 blade skill. I've been pounding on one for about 15 minutes, chugging potions like an addict, and did not even get a sliver off. Then conjuring a diminutive minotaur actually killed the troll in about 10 hits. Maybe less.

2)Any tips on making some cash? I have been playing travelling alchemist quite a lot, buying ingredients from every inn/alchemists in each town, going to my house in Frostcrag and making/selling hundreds of potions. But then I go and enchant an item, make a spell and I am back to square 1. Traveling merchant is growing old. Any cave/ruin I could go exploring at my level for good cash rewards?

3)Enchanting weapons - I could use some advice here as well. I tend to end up with a weapon that can be "used" 20 times and that's not practical for me. I do not have enough soul gems to recharge it that often. I use 1 handed blades/shield - any clue as to what enchant I should be focusing on for now? Drain life/magicka sounds kinda neat as I use spells a ton during combat. Drain agility also sounds good as my agility is low and I get staggered a lot. Not sure on a good quantity/duration/area effect though.

Thanks!

**edit** While on the subject of enchantment:

4)Is there a difference between enchanting an Iron sword and, say, a glass sword? Is the quality of the item you enchant a factor in the enchant-ability of the item? If not, is there a mod that would change that? Most enchanting mods out there are "multiple enchants" mods or magic system overhauls that include enchanting tweaks.

1. Hmm. Trolls generally are weak to fire, but I don't know of any specific weaknesses for savage trolls. They do regenerate (like all trolls), so you need to be doing large amounts of damage quickly - which is probably why your minotaur dealt with it so easily. 9 damage per hit is probably not enough.

2. Poke your head into Dzonot Cave (by the IC bridge) or Rickety Mine (east of Cheydinhal). You should be able to handle the first level at least, as long as you take it slow, but be prepared to retreat/run.

3. The stock enchantment for any weapon is absorb health. Beyond that, shock damage is probably the best bet, especially if you're going into Oblivion. Alternatively, get Azura's Star and Ebony Blade. :evil2:

4. I don't think the quality of the blade affects the quality of the enchantment all that much, but I haven't been paying that close attention. I know each weapon has a specific number of 'enchantment points', but I've never had the game tell me I've hit the limit for a weapon.

Eloise
sarah

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:48 am

Hey guy's I'm new to using OOO. I'm enjoying it, but have one question that's been bugging me.

When I level up after sleeping, i'll get a message saying how I'm awesome and such, but there's no screen to distribute stat points, nor do my stats seem to increase after a level up. I just wanted to confirm whether I'm missing something, or if it's some bug that I need to try and fix.

Thanks in advance!
cutiecute

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:07 am

Not OOO's fault, it doesn't touch the level-up process.

Most likely, you made an installation error with whatever leveling mod you are using.
Vera Maslar

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:07 am

On spell making:

When I make a touch Fire spell for, say, 10 damage, it seems to not matter whether or not I add an Area of Effect as long as I keep it under 14 feet. This seems a bit weird as it basically makes any absorb or dmg spell 2-3 times stronger in many situations and not any bit weaker in a 1 on 1 fight. Is that a bug in my install or is that how Vanilla works?

Another weird bit: I found a spell called Regeneration that restores my magicka for 240 at 1 per second for a cost of about 50 magicka. I like this but for some reason it is not available in the Spellmaking altar (or the enchanting altar for that matter). Again, is that a bug, or is that normal?

Anyone could givem e some tips on good enchanting/spellmaking mods?

My load order is as follow, if needed:

Oblivion.esm
Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm
Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm
Mart's Monster Mod.esm
FCOM_Convergence.esm
Progress.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp
Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp
Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp
Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp
FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp
Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael_RD.esp
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
Spell Delete.esp
Enhanced Hotkeys.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
ExnemRuneskulls.esp
Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp
FCOM_BobsArmory.esp
Oblivion WarCry EV.esp
FCOM_WarCry.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars.esp
FCOM_Convergence.esp
FCOM_RealSwords.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp
OOO-WaterFish.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
Knights.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp
Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp
Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp
ATakesAll.esp
Gather Ye Rosebuds.esp
PJs Spell Compendium - Spell Requirements.esp
SupremeMagicka.esp
SM_ShiveringIsles.esp
SM_EnchantStaff.esp
MidasSpells.esp
Midas OscuroGems.esp
ProgressMBSP.esp
ProgressSBSP.esp
ProgressRBSP.esp
ProgressRacial.esp
ProgressArmorer.esp
ProgressMercantile.esp
bgMagicEV.esp
OOO-Respawn_Week.esp
kuerteeDetectLifeEffectNightEyeShader.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Dalton Greynolds

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Another weird bit: I found a spell called Regeneration that restores my magicka for 240 at 1 per second for a cost of about 50 magicka. I like this but for some reason it is not available in the Spellmaking altar (or the enchanting altar for that matter). Again, is that a bug, or is that normal?

OOO has a spell called Regeneration but it is not for the player. but it does not restore magicka so it is most likely PJ or Supreme Magicka or bgMagicEV that added it..
Nomee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:30 am

On spell making:

When I make a touch Fire spell for, say, 10 damage, it seems to not matter whether or not I add an Area of Effect as long as I keep it under 14 feet. This seems a bit weird as it basically makes any absorb or dmg spell 2-3 times stronger in many situations and not any bit weaker in a 1 on 1 fight. Is that a bug in my install or is that how Vanilla works?

Exactly what do you mean? You get no AoE damage if set under 14 feet? But the area damage kicks in if above? Weird.

That spell is from Supreme Magicka. If using lots of mods and being unsure what's from what I'd really recommend FormID Finder or RefScope, with which you can check in game which mod a particular something comes from. I'm pretty sure it's intended as it would be easy to exploit in spellmaking.

Anyone could givem e some tips on good enchanting/spellmaking mods?

I'm only using Enchantment Restore Over Time and Enchantment Remove (with which you can remove enchantments, getting a filled soul gem in return). I'd check out http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18072, but I've never tried it myself.

Your load order looks good. Better to post it via Wrye Bash btw as you get version numbers then as well. Also, you shouldn't use Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp with OOO/FCOM.
MISS KEEP UR

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:19 am

Exactly what do you mean? You get no AoE damage if set under 14 feet? But the area damage kicks in if above? Weird.

Thanks for all the answers.

And no - I was not clear. What I mean is that if I leave the AoE effect blank, the spell will do 10 dmg to 1 target on touch and cost me 10 magicka. If I increase the AoE Effect sliver once it will pump it immediately to 10 ft (the minimum Area value available at the altar). But the magicka cost and required skill does not budge. So a 10 ft area spell costs the same as the same spell with no area effect.

The cost will start going up as I Increase the area of effect beyond 14ft only. So basically there seems to be no reason not to make every spell an AoE of 14ft as it will cost the same.
Trista Jim

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:26 am

Something funny happened on the way to completing the Shadows in the Struggle for Power quest, I lost the Dread helmet. I've checked all my homes and I just don't know where it is. Any suggestions or am I screwed.
Alberto Aguilera

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion