Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul SPOILERS, Thread #28

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks for all the answers.

And no - I was not clear. What I mean is that if I leave the AoE effect blank, the spell will do 10 dmg to 1 target on touch and cost me 10 magicka. If I increase the AoE Effect sliver once it will pump it immediately to 10 ft (the minimum Area value available at the altar). But the magicka cost and required skill does not budge. So a 10 ft area spell costs the same as the same spell with no area effect.

The cost will start going up as I Increase the area of effect beyond 14ft only. So basically there seems to be no reason not to make every spell an AoE of 14ft as it will cost the same.

Just checked and it works as it should for me, i.e. 10 feet AoE costs more than none etc. Using FCOM and Supreme Magicka, so I'd guess it's LAME.

Something funny happened on the way to completing the Shadows in the Struggle for Power quest, I lost the Dread helmet. I've checked all my homes and I just don't know where it is. Any suggestions or am I screwed.

I'd guess either live with the consequences or add it via the console: player.additem XX06EA40 1 (change XX to the load order of OOO.esm).
Veronica Martinez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 am

Hey.
I'm currently doing the Shadows in a Struggle for Power quest and I got to the point where I broke into the Countess of Anvil's royal quarters and stole the report written byAzzan to the Countess. It now says something about how Rhoan or a member from the fighters guild was correct about the ranger being a real threat or something and it says I should eliminate the head of the rangers once and for all.
I dont really understand what to do next, so anyone care to help?
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 am

Hey.
I'm currently doing the Shadows in a Struggle for Power quest and I got to the point where I broke into the Countess of Anvil's royal quarters and stole the report written byAzzan to the Countess. It now says something about how Rhoan or a member from the fighters guild was correct about the ranger being a real threat or something and it says I should eliminate the head of the rangers once and for all.
I dont really understand what to do next, so anyone care to help?

You must be mixing up Shadows in a Struggle for Power with another quest/quest line as there's no such quest in Shadows. I don't recognize your description either so I have no idea which quest it might be from.
lucile davignon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 am

It's just a letter placed in the Royal Quarters that's related to Shadows, one of the many documents that triggers the first stage update. Bearluck, do as the letter suggests and contact one of the groups, simply explore the nearby ayleid ruins.
Bee Baby

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:56 am

You must be mixing up Shadows in a Struggle for Power with another quest/quest line as there's no such quest in Shadows. I don't recognize your description either so I have no idea which quest it might be from.

"I found Azzan's report to the Countess Millona Umbranox about recent Bosmer rangers' incursions. Azzan seems concerned enought to suggest the Countess to order the posting of warning around Anvil. As I confirmed, Rhano is correct about the different groups of rangers. I have already found their encampments. They are engaged in a strugge that surrounds the search for Dread Artifacts--defeating Eregor would bring peace to the rangers and also Anvil."

This is exactly what stands in my Journal under "Shadows in a Struggle for Power".
Sarah Bishop

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Ah, OK, didn't even know there was a document placed there so I've never triggered that particular update. It was "I got to the point where I broke into the Countess of Anvil's royal quarters and stole the report..." that threw me off as you don't get a quest to break into her quarters. But do as omeletted said. Shadows is quite "non-linear", i.e. there are lots of different ways of getting it triggered and following it through.
Bethany Watkin

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:26 am

Ok, I tried exploring the ruins and I explored all ruins in the area(it was all Elven ruins, no Ayleid)

Can you tell me one of the Ayleid ruins to continue the quest or which area it resides in.

Thanks.
Shelby Huffman

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:44 am

Ok, I tried exploring the ruins and I explored all ruins in the area(it was all Elven ruins, no Ayleid)

Can you tell me one of the Ayleid ruins to continue the quest or which area it resides in.

Thanks.

You're probably in for frustration if you're trying to follow the quest line step-for-step like that as it is very wide ranging and quite vague at that. I've found it works best if you just explore around normally doing other stuff until you get more pointed quest directions (and even then it is quite vague to follow the first time). Anyway, the good guys have an encampment close to http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Smoke_Hole_Cave so try there.
Mel E

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:43 am

You're probably in for frustration if you're trying to follow the quest line step-for-step like that as it is very wide ranging and quite vague at that. I've found it works best if you just explore around normally doing other stuff until you get more pointed quest directions (and even then it is quite vague to follow the first time). Anyway, the good guys have an encampment close to http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Smoke_Hole_Cave so try there.

Hmm, only thing I encountered there was some undead creatures..
EDIT:
I couldnt talk to anyone there. Or there was no leader..
Kathryn Medows

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:17 am

Hmm, only thing I encountered there was some undead creatures..
EDIT:
I couldnt talk to anyone there. Or there was no leader..

I think it's a document rather - and I think you should get a quest update just by discovering the camp. One thing or the other. You don't get any OOO quest updates via dialogues. Anyway, OOO's quest lines are not really suited for giving pointed "go there do that" tips as said. In this case, you should basically unravel why there are Ranger encampments around Anvil - and there are several of them so several routes (just as there are several notes in several different places getting the quest line started).
Lisa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:59 am

I think it's a document rather - and I think you should get a quest update just by discovering the camp. One thing or the other. You don't get any OOO quest updates via dialogues. Anyway, OOO's quest lines are not really suited for giving pointed "go there do that" tips as said. In this case, you should basically unravel why there are Ranger encampments around Anvil - and there are several of them so several routes (just as there are several notes in several different places getting the quest line started).

And this I know. I′ve already found all sylvian ranger camps around anvil and I′ve found the documents which gave me a journal update.
Sorry if I′m being a hazzel, I just wanna do this quest :)
Jessica Lloyd

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:44 pm

And this I know. I′ve already found all sylvian ranger camps around anvil and I′ve found the documents which gave me a journal update.
Sorry if I′m being a hazzel, I just wanna do this quest :)

OK, it seemed you wanted a pointer to just that. It's a bit hard giving pointers if not knowing which stage you're on... So what does the latest journal update say then?

EDIT: One way of getting it forward with more pointed directions is to try to put on armors from a fallen Ranger. It should give an update pointing to a particular dungeon.
Princess Johnson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:44 am

OK, it seemed you wanted a pointer to just that. It's a bit hard giving pointers if not knowing which stage you're on... So what does the latest journal update say then?

EDIT: One way of getting it forward with more pointed directions is to try to put on armors from a fallen Ranger. It should give an update pointing to a particular dungeon.

There we go :) Finally got journal update

Tack s? mycket!

EDIT: Oh, Narind. I′ve heard of this ruin. I heard it was located somewhere along the "L" of Anvil. What "L" does it mean?
EDIT 2:Nevermind, just followed my instincts and went to the "L" located on the map. In the ruin Yeleri.
Marilú

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:34 pm

How do I free the prisoners at Seran Camp? I′ve already aquired the Rusty Iron key and opened the cage, but they dont move outside of the cage. No journal update either.
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:47 pm

How do I free the prisoners at Seran Camp? I′ve already aquired the Rusty Iron key and opened the cage, but they dont move outside of the cage. No journal update either.

Nevermind. Problem solved.
Susan Elizabeth

Previous

Return to IV - Oblivion