Prerequisites to Buying a House

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:18 am

Are there any prerequisites to buying Honeyside in Riften?

I ask because in an attempt to buy the House in Markarth, I have been met with failure. Have done several missions (most of them actually) for that Hold and all options to buy the house from the Steward have been met with silence - he only offers jobs. I read on here that you have to be level 20, but others have said that's not important as they have tried at higher levels... for the sake of argument my level with that character is 14.

But what about Riften as well? Do you have to be a certain level? Do you have to fulfil certain jobs? I've done the Skooma trade job, but the Jarl won't offer me the house, or the option to become thane... any advice on either city?

Thanks in advance.
Karl harris

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:09 am

Well, you have to complete some quests in Riften in order to buy Honeyside. One of them is the
Spoiler
Skooma quest - for the Jarl
which actually consists of 3 separate quests (as they appear in the journal) and is started by talking to
Spoiler
Wujeeta
After that you have to complete some quests for the people of Riften (I don't remember how many, but some of them are quickly completed).

The UESP says there is another way to get Honeyside without having to complete any quests for the Jarl. I'm not going to spoil it for you as I don't know if you reached that part of the story yet (Main Quest).
Matt Bee

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am

you need to be level 20 before getting the quest from Markath's Jarl Igumund that will allow you to buy the house after wards.

you can complete the stormcloak quest line if you don't wanna wait for the house in Markath.

EDIT: you need to do the quests for the Jarl's, not the servants , for the ability to purchase homes in their respective hold.
Lexy Dick

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:06 am

Thanks guys. I was concerned with Riften more because she won't offer the house or anything else, and I completed all three parts of the Skooma mission.

Also, I was worried that it had something to do with not even starting the main quest (which I haven't yet).
Alexxxxxx

Return to V - Skyrim