A question to all who have married Ysolda.

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 12:30 am

So I was finally getting around to trying the marriage out and I chose Ysolda. The Nordic woman in Whiterun who asks for a Mammoth tusk. And she moved into my house in Whiterun. She gives me 100 gold everyday, cooks once a day and sells me things etc etc. But There's no option for her to join and follow me. I'm sure it was said to be one of the benefits of marriage though. So my question is, has anyone else married Ysolda and gotten her to join them? Or is this a bug? Thanks to all who answer! =D
Luis Longoria

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 4:21 am

I think only certain wives can accompany you in your travels.
sara OMAR

Post » Fri May 18, 2012 6:36 pm

ysolda isn't an active companion. she is just a source of income. i married her and honestly, i regret it. there are so many better wives to be had. i only wish there was a way to break it off.
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 1:07 am

That's odd. I married her too and thought there was an option to have her join me in travels but I could be totally wrong. I live with her and Lydia so maybe I'm confusing them. I'd check right now but I'm at work.
Maddy Paul

Post » Fri May 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Ohh... I want to know more!

I had a suspicion that some wives offer other things.

I married Aela, and she can join you on adventures... I always wondered though if Camilla or Ysolda, both wearing just robes and daggers, would give you something other than being fighting companions. They seem like weak warriors at least.

Which brings me to next question... Aela is an Archery trainer... Does that mean she mainly use bows? What about the Block trainer, Njalda... Does she mainly tank and mlee?

So if I play a ranger or mage I would rather have Njalda rhan Aela on adventures since Njalda would tank for me?

Please, lets have more info on companions !
Dean

Post » Fri May 18, 2012 11:36 pm

bump. Anyone have a definitive answer?
Cheryl Rice

Return to V - Skyrim