REPCONN Headquarters

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:31 am

I went in there, exploring. The robot says I have to leave.
So I hang out some more, but then leave when I think 30 seconds are up.
I do some research online, find out that I need to go on this tour, get a badge, show the badge to the original robot who told me to leave, then I can stay.
Okay. I did that. The robot (the one you show the badge to) told me I was good.
But I ran into a maintenance robot that says "Intruder alert!" and the Sentry bots come out.
So, how do I get around this problem? Do I get the badge, then go outside and wait a day or something for the whole thing to "reset?"
Thank you!
Andrew Lang

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:06 am

I do some research online, find out that I need to go on this tour, get a badge, show the badge to the original robot who told me to leave, then I can stay.
But I ran into a maintenance robot that says "Intruder alert!" and the Sentry bots come out.
So, how do I get around this problem? Do I get the badge, then go outside and wait a day or something for the whole thing to "reset?"
Thank you!

You need to do something different on each floor, keep reading on the wiki.

Security does not reset.
Chris BEvan

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 am

if you kill the weaker robots quickly enough, the alarm won't sound and the security robots won't become active. it is possible to reach stuff that will fool the bots on each floor. but i don't bother with that and just destroy the weaker bots quickly.
CORY

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 am

There are different ways to fool the robots on each floor.

The robots on the first level can be fooled by hacking the terminal behind the locked door to the right of where you enter and adding yourself to the face recognition database. However, if you do it at night, one robot- the tour guide- will still insist that you have to leave and will turn hostile and trigger security even after you hack the terminal. If you enter during the day, he will be friendly and will give you a rather amusing tour of the REPCONN rocketry museum. As you follow the tour guide along, you can find a room with a skeleton and a security keycard that also allows you to enter your face into the database.
Raymond J. Ramirez

Post » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Usually I just blast'em all... but that damn alarm siren in frikkin annoying :flamethrower:
Silvia Gil

Post » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:23 pm

If you have a somewhat high Repair skill (65 I think), you can take the tour with the Guide robot and locate the security doors there and jam them shut so the Sentry Bots are locked in if/when security is summoned. You can do this on each floor if you're really quick and know where all the doors are, or use a stealthboy and take your time. You forfeit any loot and XP from killing them off of course but you may want to try it if you can't handle multiple gatling laser Sentry Bots at the same time as they can be a very tough fight for low to mid level characters.
Rob

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:24 am

The first time I did that place I found the ID on the skeleton and that carried me through almost the whole building, and I had enough LUCK for the check.

The 2nd time I stayed too long after nightfall and the tour guide went hostile. Boone then ran amuck and shot all the robots into scrap while I leaned against a wall filing my nails on my gun sight.

So yeah...you can do it a few ways. Depends on whether you want to fight or be peaceable, mostly, as well as your skill levels.
JR Cash

Post » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Yes science, lockpick and a good search is needed, a luck of 7 is helpfull.
However just blasting them to bits works easily and requires less numbing combing around for every terminal and keycard.
That and if you return the helpfull assistants won't keep popping up wishing you a good day, due to being made into weapon repair kits.
JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:57 pm

That and if you return the helpfull assistants won't keep popping up wishing you a good day, due to being made into weapon repair kits.

:rofl: <---(I'm beginning to really like that smiley...)

If you ask me, robots should cough up more than 1 scrap metal...*mumbles*
natalie mccormick

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 am

Thank you!

Get 7 Luck and a certain speech skill.
Vickey Martinez

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:52 am

Don't forget to disable one of the pop up doors with the invisible wall switch in the ground floor office. This will stop one of the military bots appearing at the end if you set everything off.

This is a really fun level if you have the Robotics Expert perk!
Lisa

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:43 am

You might have noticed a robot tell you what time of day they have tours. I think they start at 10:00 am. I went outside and waited until after 10. I think that might be why they attacked you. You were there after hours.
Tracy Byworth

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:41 am

With a high enough science skill, hack the computer in the room and select something like update approval list or something like that and youre good to go. Basically your adding your name as an approved person. The computer should be in the room to your right after you generate in the initial entry way.
Celestine Stardust

Return to Fallout: New Vegas