SI - Seducers or Saints?

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Playing this for the first time and I'm getting to the point where I know I'm going to have to chose between the two.

Before getting this far I thought the choice would be easy since Saints are good and Secucers are bad, and I'm playing a holy Knight. But after getting to know them the Saints are really stuck up and the Seducers seem actually nice and helpful. I'm begining to think they are the 'good' path, if there is one.

So which path do you think I should go with and why? Spoiler's welcome.

Thanks.
~Sylvia~

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 5:10 am

I chose the Duchess of Mania to kill, who controls the Golden Saints. Then when I had to chose between siding with the Golden Saints or Dark Seducers, I sided with the Dark Seducers, because later on I was able to get the Golden Saint armour by visiting their holy capital.
CHANONE

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Neither one is evil; Aureals are more arrogant, while Mazken are more friendly. In the end you have to decide which fits your character better. If it's just about armor choices, then side with either one at Cylarne, it doesn't matter; but as Muramasa89 said, take over for the Duke of Mania (Thadon) if you want to wear the light armor of the Mazken, or take over for the Duchess of Dementia, if you want to wear the heavy armor of the Aureals.
Len swann

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 10:19 pm

I prefer the Seducers, they seem nicer. But neither is more or less "evil" than the other.

However, be aware that during the Main Questline you may need to do some unsavory things, perhaps not suitable for a "Holy Knight".
Manuel rivera

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 12:55 am

I prefer the "happiness" of Mania, but the personality of the Seducers.
Hannah Barnard

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 10:56 am

I prefer the "happiness" of Mania, but the personality of the Seducers.

My Khajiit Knight became the duke of mania, while my Argonian Barbarian became the duke of dementia it suits them..... my khajiit is a much happier guy, while my argonian is a little demented and enjoys killing everything with his axe.
Stacey Mason

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:13 am

Malgak isn't a shiny happy Orc, so he picked Dementia. He met some Matzken on the way to the palace, and felt they were worthy of his respect. Upon arriving at New Sheoth, he thought he'd have to slaughter a bunch of Golden Saints like he'd done so often in Vvardenfell. Still felt like it after becoming familiar with the Aureal.

By the end, he still preferred Matzken, but didn't dislike Aureal quite as much. Even placed one of each shield by the palace entrance after the final battle, to honour both races who'd fought together.

However, be aware that during the Main Questline you may need to do some unsavory things, perhaps not suitable for a "Holy Knight".

Very true. Your devotion to Sheogorath will definitely be tested.

[edit] And I think a holy knight would initially align with the Aureal, but later might have a change of heart after being around enough Matzken. The whole place is twisted, so there's really no "righteous" path in the Isles, just whatever your knight would choose based on experiences (boils down to the lesser of two weevils). You'll meet plenty of people who say and do bizarre things according to their own version of "Truth."
Nick Tyler

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:48 am

Playing this for the first time and I'm getting to the point where I know I'm going to have to chose between the two.

Before getting this far I thought the choice would be easy since Saints are good and Secucers are bad, and I'm playing a holy Knight. But after getting to know them the Saints are really stuck up and the Seducers seem actually nice and helpful. I'm begining to think they are the 'good' path, if there is one.

So which path do you think I should go with and why? Spoiler's welcome.

Thanks.

Agree, the saints are real unpleasant then they talk to me. They probably remember all the golden saints I summoned and soultrapped in Morrowind.

But I still prefer mania because they are happier, also then you become their rulers the golden saints start to behave against you :)
Avril Churchill

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 8:39 am

So which path gives you the Golden Saint armor. I read that you get a set of armor from one of them and that the Golden Saint armor is heavy while the Seducer armor is light. Well I use Heavy, so in order to get the heavy, which Duke/Duchess should I remove?
neen

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 1:42 am

So which path gives you the Golden Saint armor. I read that you get a set of armor from one of them and that the Golden Saint armor is heavy while the Seducer armor is light. Well I use Heavy, so in order to get the heavy, which Duke/Duchess should I remove?

It is opposite, so say you kill the duke of mania you get seducer armor; duchess of dementia gives you golden saint armor.
James Baldwin

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 9:52 pm

The armor you get is a single-piece item like the Arena outfit, so it's not a good candidate for enchanting, and you probably won't end up wearing it much.

You end up eliminating both Duke and Duchess by the end of SI, and being able to summon both Saints and Seducers - although the duration varies according to the path taken. The first one you get gives you 60 sec, and then the other will be for 120.

I'd base my choice on how the character fits with the Ritual of Accession for the duchy. A stealth character would probably do Mania, and an in-your-face Melee character would prefer Dementia. It's equally valid to decide which one deserves to die RIGHT NOW!! based on how much you hated their quest for Understanding Madness.
Gill Mackin

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 9:40 pm

My characters prefer mania; fit their type better to be maniacs than depressive. However I hate the way the golden saints talk to me. They probably know how many golden saints I summoned and soultrapped in Morrowind. The seducers are nice but after I take over mania they become more respectful.
And I agree the armor is most for show.
Vickey Martinez

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Dementia is more associated with Warriors while Mania is more aligned for Mages (in terms of items gained, etc). So if you are a warrior, I suggest going the Demented route ;)
Sarah Knight

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 7:08 am

Isn't Dementia more related with the sneaky's and Mania with Wariors?

I can't remember any Mage-supporting reward from Mania wich Dementia didn't give....
Catherine N

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Go for dementia: you'll get the ring of Lordship, which is better than the other reward.
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 5:26 am

"The immediate image called to mind when hearing the name "Golden Saint" suggests an angelic figure, elegant and benevolent. It is ironic then, that while the Golden Saints embody this image in form, their behavior is in stark contrast to it. The Saints are a proud, arrogant race, quick to anger and cruel in their punishment. There is no question that they view all in the Isles as inferior, and make no effort to hide this in their interactions."

vs.

"Dark Seducers also exhibit little beyond their appearance to match their names. While they too assert their superiority over all others in the realm, they appear to have a more patient, introspective nature about them. They often appear humble in their dealings with mortals, and are known to be patient with the "lesser races.""

From Saints and Seducers. The choice, to me, is obvious.

Edit; Thread necromancy may be legal in Cyrodiil, but few will admit to it now that the mod's guild has banned it.
Tom Flanagan

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Go for dementia: you'll get the ring of Lordship, which is better than the other reward.

You realized the last reply was in june?. I think the thread has long since served its purpose so a mod should lock this.
Becky Palmer

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 10:36 pm

You realized the last reply was in june?. I think the thread has long since served its purpose so a mod should lock this.

ops ! I did a search for something, found that topic and answered without thinking too much.
Stacyia

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 1:22 am

Done,
Glu Glu

Return to IV - Oblivion