Skyrim Relationships: Friendship, Romance, Marriage, Cheatin

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:24 am

Will my spouse be killed by a dragon? Will I have to raise my child alone?
Gwen

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:16 am

I am gonna marry a wench.
Bitter End

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:27 am

Will my spouse be killed by a dragon?

If you marry one of the guards stationed near Bleak Falls Barrow, I would say there is a high probability.
Bird

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:40 am

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I believe you guys are way way overhyping on marriage. Unless they put 2 designers full time into making that feature, I don't expect anything more than the old Nord marriage.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Alga
Shirley BEltran

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:49 pm

When I get skyrim, I'm going to make my character rich and marry a beggar (Hopefully one that's imperial, dunmer or Argonian) and share my wealth with her. :angel:
Austin England

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:33 am

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I believe you guys are way way overhyping on marriage. Unless they put 2 designers full time into making that feature, I don't expect anything more than the old Nord marriage.

There is a lot more to marriage than the degree of spectacle in the wedding ceremony.
Ladymorphine

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:31 am

I think you people are reading way too much into this (wow really that never happens in this forum how is that even possible omg). What Bruce probably meant is that there is gonna be a quest related instance in which you can marry some predetermined character, and if you happen to have a house, he/she will move in with you. I think most of you are either mad (which is simply laughable) or excited about things that are not necessarily implied in what Bruce said, and are readying yourselves for some rude awakening.

Considering they said they are going for most recruitable companions having less depth than Fallout 3 (I haven't played it so I don't know what that means) this would surprise me.
JR Cash

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:27 pm

I actually hope it's this way. If the only way to get hitched is in a chapel ceremony, spending loads of gold on a wedding dress and other stuff, I will bag it. I wish I had married my wife "the old Nord way" - would have been a hell of a lot cheaper, and simpler than what actually happened. :)
Julie Serebrekoff

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:05 am

The real shame is that Dragons don't appear to take human form. I'm not sure if the lore supports it or not, but that was always a nifty concept in Dragon Lance.

I would absolutely marry a (friendly) Dragon if she looked hot in human form. Imagine the perks!
Alex [AK]

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Well Done! You added Aureal/Golden Saints and Mazken to the options. They were my first choice, and I sorely missed them. In the interest of fairness, there will probably be some who desire Dremora as much if not more than Xivallai. . . but Saints and Seducers seals the deal for me. :celebration:
Nathan Risch

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:50 am

None of my characters really make sense as being married, my first character is a sort of Ranger wandering Skyrim out of a sense of duty to protect his homeland, and he might have a relationship with a girl he loves, and would love to settle down with her. He might eventually marry and live with her, if I get bored of him and want an ending, but only after he completes the Main Quest. My second character is supposed to be a friend of the first, he is a Khajiit Thief, but the only relationship that makes sense for him is a one night stand. My mage is purely uninterested in human fellowship. I am really happy about the friendship thing, I love the idea of having contacts in different cities that I can rely on for help.
Judy Lynch

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:01 pm

There is a lot more to marriage than the degree of spectacle in the wedding ceremony.

Actually what I am expecting is you just get to exchange rings and the other party is considered your spouse with some changes to his/her daily routine. And when you take off his/her ring (Divorce) he/she goes back to their old routine. I highly doubt they will add in complex marriage/divorce laws.
matt oneil

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Actually what I am expecting is you just get to exchange rings and the other party is considered your spouse with some changes to his/her daily routine. And when you take off his/her ring (Divorce) he/she goes back to their old routine. I highly doubt they will add in complex marriage/divorce laws.

so, she doesn't keep half your gold and houses?
Marine Arrègle

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:04 pm

i like how the lisbian option is the second most popular for the third poll. really says some things.

i actually don't expect them to incorporate any sort of CHILDBIRTH system because that's just kind of weird. modders could maybe use whatever body mesh morphing stuff is in place to implement one, but i don't see it being part of the core game.

i can't wait to see what kind of terrible terrible things modders can do with this system. if i can't marry and give birth to dragons within six months of release i will be sorely disappointed.
trisha punch

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Hopefully you'll get to bro-out with Esbern.
Just imagine how much more fun Morrowind would've been if you could've gotten drunk with Caius at the Corner Club.
Evaa

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:08 am

Just imagine how much more fun Morrowind would've been if you could've gotten drunk with Caius at the Corner Club.

Caius is a Skooma addict, remember? :thumbsup:
Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:37 am

man forget the corner club. chilling in his house with a skooma pipe and a couple lusty argonian wenches. all on the empire's dime, of course.

capitalism, ho~

Esbern doesn't seem like he'd be very fun to hang with, though. he's probably all serious monologues and occasional mead hall celebrations following great victories. that's got a charm in it i suppose but not in a very brocous way.
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:37 am

Caius is a Skooma addict, remember? :thumbsup:

Even better!
You'd come back to Balmora and the Hlaalu guards woould inform you he's gone insane and is holding the Corner Club hostage with his fists of fury and you have to talk him down.

man forget the corner club. chilling in his house with a skooma pipe and a couple lusty argonian wenches. all on the empire's dime, of course.

capitalism, ho~

Uriel was very surprised and upset when Agent Cosades returned with a 200,000 septim debt due to his substance abuse.
Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:00 am

so, she doesn't keep half your gold and houses?

I seriously doubt so. Else the haters will start rallies against Bethesda for "encouraging (formal) spouse killing" .
Eduardo Rosas

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:51 am

My ideal romance option is a Dunmer Witch who will help me destroy the Empire.

Yes, it will be nice to have a partner in crime, for those of us who -- erm -- plan to commit crimes.
Hayley O'Gara

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:13 am

My Skyrim character will play out my favorite books witch just so happen to feature dragons therefore i'll marry a Breton named Catti-Bree
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:51 pm

My Skyrim character will play out my favorite books witch just so happen to feature dragons therefore i'll marry a Breton named Catti-Bree

Congrats on Kingdoms of Amalur!

/btw for such a prolific author, your spelling is atrocious. you must use a spell checker.

On topic - I wonder if even without mods it might be possible to change the names of NPCs using console commands?
Jah Allen

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:08 am

Even better!
You'd come back to Balmora and the Hlaalu guards woould inform you he's gone insane and is holding the Corner Club hostage with his fists of fury and you have to talk him down.

It was his cover, he didn't actually do Skooma. He was an old Skooma bum, that's also why he didn't wear a shirt.
Amy Gibson

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Yes, it will be nice to have a partner in crime, for those of us who -- erm -- plan to commit crimes.

The PC would meet her/him in the prison where you start out.

It was his cover, he didn't actually do Skooma. He was an old Skooma bum, that's also why he didn't wear a shirt.

That and because he realized how worthless any Chameleon enchantment under 100% is.
Sarah Knight

Post » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 am

That and because he realized how worthless any Chameleon enchantment under 100% is.

But, the trousers had the Chameleon enchantment...
Milagros Osorio

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim