Small jobs mod

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:14 am

I would like to find a mod that gives me small, simple jobs. It doesn't have to be a fleshed out guild or heroic quests. I'm more looking for the everyday kind of work - errand boy, picking herbs, delivering stufff etc. I know about the mod called Odd Jobs (if I remember correctly) that adds a notice board in Imperial City, but most of those jobs are quite time-consuming as they consists of finding 10, 20 or 30 plants or various items. I'm thinking more of simple jobs that give you an ok pay. Kind of like an immersion/roleplaying-mod for those who aren't epic fighters.

Does something like that exist for Oblivion?
Emily abigail Villarreal

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Maybe the brand new version of my http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1090674-relz-enhanced-economy does what you want? It of course does tons more (that can be disabled in its ini), but a total of 34 of the merchants around in the cities will ask you for help to find items (one unique item per merchant). The items will be found in semi-random places: Each merchant will give a hint by mentioning 2-4 caves/ruins where he think his item can be found, and it will be found in a random container in one of them.

The caves/ruins to search are all vanilla places that see no or very little quest action. No quest arrows, but popups telling you when you've entered a place where an item can possibly be found, so now you've got a(nother) reason to adventure in those caves/ruins. :)
I love YOu

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Sounds like a very nice mod, but I would've hoped to avoid caves and ruines. ;)
Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:47 am

There's also http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8520, which makes you an errand boy for a courier service.

I'm currently working on a mod that adds small jobs for thieves in each city, but that will still take a while.
jasminĪµ

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:39 am

That Delivery Jobs sounds perfect, downloading as I type. Thank you very much.

More mods are of course more than welcome, I'm always looking for these peaceful roleplaying mods. :)
Lucky Girl

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Delivery Jobs is known to have an error in a quest - read the comments on Nexus.
Miragel Ginza

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:17 am

Darn, ain't that typical.
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:12 am

Ash Odd Jobs:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29526

Goranga restaurant job:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31514

Enjoy!
Jonny

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:27 am

Region Revive- Lake Rumere adds several small settlements and farms scattered around the Imperial Isle and the shores Lake Rumere. THere are a bunch of low level quests (mostly simple fetch type) associated with the settlements. I love it, it has a permanent place in my load order.

It's compatable with UL Imperial Isle, Better Cities, Let the People Drink, New Roads and Bridges (although patches may be needed). One thing it does is give Weye a modest makeover (a couple of farms, fields and fisherman's cottages) so it's not compatable with other Weye mods.

Sorry, no link, my work computer is playing up and won't let me, but it's on the Nexus.
Lilit Ager

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:28 am

Ash Odd Jobs:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29526

Goranga restaurant job:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31514

Enjoy!

I mentioned Odd Jobs in my first post. I saw Goranga Restaurant Job at TESNexus earlier today, it looks quite interesting. Thanks.

Region Revive- Lake Rumere adds several small settlements and farms scattered around the Imperial Isle and the shores Lake Rumere. THere are a bunch of low level quests (mostly simple fetch type) associated with the settlements. I love it, it has a permanent place in my load order.

It's compatable with UL Imperial Isle, Better Cities, Let the People Drink, New Roads and Bridges (although patches may be needed). One thing it does is give Weye a modest makeover (a couple of farms, fields and fisherman's cottages) so it's not compatable with other Weye mods.

Sorry, no link, my work computer is playing up and won't let me, but it's on the Nexus.

Thanks, I will have a look. :)
Claudz

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:58 am

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22595 has an Imperial Legion faction that the player can join... which involves patrolling the roads of Cyrodiil, or (more what your looking for) being a tax collecter. The link will take you to the page on the Nexus, but the description is very long....

"There is also a Department of Justice and Census and Excise office within the palace where you can join the legion and rise up its ranks by performing legion duties or you can collect taxes for the Empire and serve it that way. Both are these are jobs you can do for life, without ever taking on a single official quest or adventure, so yes you can role play a dry old tax collector with no personality now if you wish. Or you can walk the roads between cities on patrol keeping the citizens safe from harm as an honest legionnaire. Or you can cheat and claim you did it as a corrupt legionnaire." - desciption of legion job on Tesnexus.

It is quite big file and does require SI, COBL and the Dragon Captions resource pack.

Sorry if this doesnt help :)
Mrs Pooh

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Ah, I have actually downloaded that mod ages ago, but never installed it. Thanks for reminding me. :)
Harry-James Payne

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:39 am

Maybe the brand new version of my http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1090674-relz-enhanced-economy does what you want? It of course does tons more (that can be disabled in its ini), but a total of 34 of the merchants around in the cities will ask you for help to find items (one unique item per merchant). The items will be found in semi-random places: Each merchant will give a hint by mentioning 2-4 caves/ruins where he think his item can be found, and it will be found in a random container in one of them.

The caves/ruins to search are all vanilla places that see no or very little quest action. No quest arrows, but popups telling you when you've entered a place where an item can possibly be found, so now you've got a(nother) reason to adventure in those caves/ruins. :)

Uh...
nice! You are nice, TheNiceOne. ;) Will download the new version.
Robert

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 am

Kragenir's Death Quest has a simple repeatable wine delivery job for Tamika in Skingrad, with about 7 different (town/village based) destinations. And it has several quests that are focused on dialogue. I'm not sure but I think you're already using the mod?

(And if you aren't, don't get it until the update . :hehe:)
Bloomer

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:22 pm

There is also Immersive Mining and ...Shetcomb Farm...? It can't remember exaclty...
Ricky Meehan

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:33 am

Thanks, povuholo - yeah, I do got that mod. Can I do that quest independently of other quests? (I remember starting playing the mod and finding myself on top of the chuch in Hackdirt). Will there be more peaceful work-quests in the update? ;)

Tomlong: Hm, think I've tried that one too. Not sure I got it to work properly back in the days, but it might be worth another go. Thanks. :)
kitten maciver

Return to IV - Oblivion