Statue of Dibella

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Maven Blackbriar has one in her bedroom. Lisbet in Markarth gives you a quest to find hers. You could keep it, or when you discover she's a cannibal and decide to kill her, as I did, you can loot it. Oddly enough, I'm not sure there's one in the Temple of Dibella, unless it's in the inner sanctum. I will have to check.
barbara belmonte

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:14 am

+1
I've been trying to find a fix for this foever. The gold ones are fine, but the 'variant' never stays in the place I left it. It's either on the floor, merged into a piece of furniture, or even in the basemant directly underneath the cabinet I left it on. It's very annoying.

The sword I got from behind the locked door in Dragonsreach keeps falling off the weapons plaque too.
Del Arte

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:08 am

You can get a non-stolen one in Velehk Sain's treasure. You get the map to it by summoning him with the gauntlet-thing in the Midden Dark, under the College of Winterhold.
Tina Tupou

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:25 am

Maybe it needs to be sold to a guild fence specifically?

Also, Ive found out (as I am an avid collecter of these statues) that there are at least 3 different sizes of the statue.
Jonathan Egan

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:56 pm

I just found another at Hela's Folly. Deekus might be upset if you take it.
marie breen

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:21 pm

I just found another at Hela's Folly. Deekus might be upset if you take it.
I have two from there; they respawn. However, they're marked as stolen.

Deekus was upset, but not for long. Contract completed. :wink:
Lew.p

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:00 am

I did the other two parts of the quest first then when I got to Haelga she said she'd heard about all the trouble I was causing and wanted no part of it, and gave me the money right away. On my other guy I had to confront her with the statue though.

When I was doing the quest, I obtained the marks her niece told me about AND I stole the statue. So I had both options when talking to her. Did you not have the option to ask about dropping the statue down a well? (Or hole, or in a fire, or whatever)
Connie Thomas

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 pm

I haven't seen any in random places yet...I may have to pay better attention. I've done the Temple of Dibella quests and refuse to do TG quests on my 1st character, but I'll have to check the warehouse outside Windhelm. :P
Emilie Joseph

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:20 am

theres other dibella staues. I forget where they are but theres atleast one. and its not marked stolen.
Michael Korkia

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:19 am

Couldn't you sell it to a fence and then buy it back?
K J S

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:17 pm

When I was doing the quest, I obtained the marks her niece told me about AND I stole the statue. So I had both options when talking to her. Did you not have the option to ask about dropping the statue down a well? (Or hole, or in a fire, or whatever)
Nope, she just forked over the cash. As I recall I didn't even pick up the statue until she had.
Couldn't you sell it to a fence and then buy it back?
Nope, I buy it back, and it's still marked as "stolen."
Gisela Amaya

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Nope, I buy it back, and it's still marked as "stolen."

If you read my earlier post you'll find the solution.

Here it is in quoted format:
Drop it next to a 'friend'. If they pick it up and return it to you saying "You dropped this, lucky I found it bla bla" then the stolen flag will be removed. It may take several attempts with several 'friendly' NPCs to get them to do this.

Alternatively, reverse pickpocket it onto a bandit then kill him. Stolen flag removed.

Note: Ordering your follower to pick it up is not the same as them picking it up on their own will. The two are different, the former will not remove the stolen tag.

Also you're the one who stole the damn thing in the first place. If you can't live with that, put it back where you found it.

Also if you're having trouble reverse-pickpocketing it, freeze the NPC with Ice Breath then pickpocket just as they're getting back up (when the ice melts). The NPC will be 100% vulnerable. Even if it indicates 0%, you'll still have 100% percent and never get caught. No perks needed.
butterfly

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:08 pm

I did, I will try that, thank you. I was just responding to other people's posts when I saw the topic was bumped, didn't even check the first page again until after I'd replied. :smile:
Melanie

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim