Statue of Dibella

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:41 am

So I got the cool unique colored Statue of Dibella from Haelga's bunkhouse. She just gave me the cash so I didn't have to give it back, so I'm using it as a decoration in my house. Problem is it's flagged as Stolen, and nothing I do seems to remove the stolen flag from it. I've tried selling it and buying it back, having Jordis pick it up from the ground, having Jordis take it out of a chest from my house... Every time once it gets back into my inventory it's still marked as Stolen. Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem? It's ugly seeing "Steal Statue of Dibella" every time I look at it when none of my other stuff is stolen.
Nuno Castro

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:54 am

Are you on a PC?

If so, do this:

1. Open your console
2. Click on the statue
3. type: setownership
4. Close your console
5. Enjoy your electronically laundered Statue of Dibella.

If this isn't applicable because you're on a console, try getting the "Fence" perk in Speech. Sell the item to a vendor and immediatly buy it back (as this might clear the "stolen" flag).
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm on the PS3. :( Already have that perk. It didn't work. I even tried selling it to the wife, an authentic preistess of Dibella. It still doesn't belong to me.
krystal sowten

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:52 am

I'm on the PS3. :( Already have that perk. It didn't work. I even tried selling it to the wife, an authentic preistess of Dibella. It still doesn't belong to me.

Don't know what else you can do.

I guess you're stuck with a "hot", half-naked statue of a Divine.
CHANONE

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:06 pm

I belive once an item is stolen, whether or not it's given to you, it's still "stolen." Also, I think she is supposed to take the item back, so if you have it still, it would be considered stolen. You can find those statues elsewhere, so if you come across one somewhere else, just replace it. :)
Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:24 am

Do the others have the cool custom paint job? I've seen a couple others but they were all gold. The one I have is White and gold with blue jewels on the base and the flower.
Budgie

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:44 am

I am almost certain I saw another Statue of Dibella in the East Company Warehouse. You might have to steal that one as well, but since it's not a quest item you should be able to clear the status.
Lizs

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:01 am

Where can you find others that you don't have to steal? I also hate that flag.
Edit: Thanks bcs. Any answer to the other question about the non gold statues?
Ryan Lutz

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Okay, consulting UESP reveals there are three Statues of Dibella in the game: One in the Bunkhouse, one in the temple in Markarth, and one in the Warehouse, but it seems all of them are quest items. The site also lists "Dibella Statue" which is classified as a miscellaneous item - that's probably what you want, but it doesn't say where to find one.

I guess doing all three quests should result in one that is not stolen...
Tinkerbells

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:27 pm

I believe there are plenty of plain golden statues, but I don't think there are duplicates of the special quest related ones. If you wish to keep the special statues, you will have to be okay with the "Stolen" tag. I also still think Haelga was supposed to take the statue back as a trade for providing you with payment, but I'm unsure. I stole the item again anyways, and I don't believe another repawned in the bunkhouse again.
herrade

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:29 pm

I can't remember exactly where I got my Dibella satue from ....but I'm 100% positive it is not labelled as stolen. ^ , Haelga was supposed to take the statue back, I think. It's been a while since I did that mini-quest.
To answer the OP's question, unless you have a PC there is very little you can do to remove the stolen tag.
Fiori Pra

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:02 pm

I am almost certain I saw another Statue of Dibella in the East Company Warehouse. You might have to steal that one as well, but since it's not a quest item you should be able to clear the status.
But there is only one (Haelga's) that is gold and white
AnDres MeZa

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes, there is one there, but the area is only available through a quest. The location respawns as well and I have a couple of those Dibella statues now in my collection.
darnell waddington

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:38 am

I also still think Haelga was supposed to take the statue back as a trade for providing you with payment, but I'm unsure.
Haelga was supposed to take the statue back, I think. It's been a while since I did that mini-quest.

I did the other two parts of the quest first then when I got to Haelga she said she'd heard about all the trouble I was causing and wanted no part of it, and gave me the money right away. On my other guy I had to confront her with the statue though.
maria Dwyer

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:01 am

I also got that statue but selling it to a fence and buying it back worked for me.
Khamaji Taylor

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:57 am

You can find two non-stolen statues (all gold though), one in Mercers house in Riften (Thieve guild questline) and one in Broken Tower Redoubt during the Heart of Dibella quest.
Spooky Angel

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:06 am

Don't know what else you can do.

I guess you're stuck with a "hot", half-naked statue of a Divine.

Well met. Both of my Breton sorceresses from Oblivion were Dibella devotees.

My Skyrim redguard adores Dibella.
- Is an agent of Dibella
- Married Senna- Priestess of Dibella
- Has 2 of the 3 Dibella statues in his Markarth bedroom where he worships both Senna and Dibella

He is a primarily a "good" spellsword, but he does not mind the stolen flag. He intends to steal the third with out concern for consequence.
Have no idea why my characters are such Dibella freaks.
Anna S

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:17 am

So I got the cool unique colored Statue of Dibella from Haelga's bunkhouse. She just gave me the cash so I didn't have to give it back, so I'm using it as a decoration in my house. Problem is it's flagged as Stolen, and nothing I do seems to remove the stolen flag from it. I've tried selling it and buying it back, having Jordis pick it up from the ground, having Jordis take it out of a chest from my house... Every time once it gets back into my inventory it's still marked as Stolen. Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem? It's ugly seeing "Steal Statue of Dibella" every time I look at it when none of my other stuff is stolen.
What annoys me more is when i stand it in my house and come back it has gone through the roof and is stuck in the ceiling most the time >_<
Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:27 am

Some items won't fence properly for some reason. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug. I have this problem with stolen books on occasion and have to use the console to set ownership.
Floor Punch

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 pm

ive found 4

they are all around my house
Christie Mitchell

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Another one is found during the Daedric quest that starts in Markath.
NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:05 am

I found one in a chest near one of the shipwrecks. An camping Argonian had it (regular gold one).
Céline Rémy

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:02 am

What annoys me more is when i stand it in my house and come back it has gone through the roof and is stuck in the ceiling most the time >_<
+1
I've been trying to find a fix for this foever. The gold ones are fine, but the 'variant' never stays in the place I left it. It's either on the floor, merged into a piece of furniture, or even in the basemant directly underneath the cabinet I left it on. It's very annoying.
(G-yen)

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Don't worry about it, just sell the stolen item to a fence. You'll find those statues scattered around the gameworld, even cunningly hidden in some bandit dungeons. I have 3 of them :)
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:57 am

Drop it next to a 'friend'. If they pick it up and return it to you saying "You dropped this, lucky I found it bla bla" then the stolen flag will be removed. It may take several attempts with several 'friendly' NPCs to get them to do this.

Alternatively, reverse pickpocket it onto a bandit then kill him. Stolen flag removed.

Note: Ordering your follower to pick it up is not the same as them picking it up on their own will. The two are different, the former will not remove the stolen tag.

Also you're the one who stole the damn thing in the first place. If you can't live with that, put it back where you found it.
Josh Dagreat

Next

Return to V - Skyrim