Superior Race?

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:32 pm

What do you guys think is the most superior? and explain? For ex: I think the Nord is the Superior Race. Why, they are skilled and stronge warriors. Citizens of Skyrim, resistance to cold and their talent as warrior and have a battlecry to send enemies fleeing and their bonuses for a warrior skill tree. **just opinions**
Logan Greenwood

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:53 pm

This thread is going to end well.

Obviously it's the Altmer. They are purebred, and powerful mages. They are the greatest descendants of the Ehlnofey, and above all others. Especially the lowly men, and the traitorous Dunmer. They are fully aware of the deceit of Lorkhan, and have appropriate plans to rectify this heresy. All resistance will be crushed under the boot of the Aldmeri Dominion, and we shall return to our rightful place in Aetherius and remove the memory of men and creation.

For the King, for Alinor!
Prue

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 am

The Tsaesci. Don't mess with the Yuan-Ti, yo.
Amber Ably

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Altmer son. No comparison and never will be.
Stephy Beck

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Altmer son. No comparison and never will be.

A true son of Alinor!
Vahpie

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:00 pm

A true son of Alinor!
Damn straight [censored]es :cool:
Floor Punch

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:03 pm

For Humans: Nords
For Elves: Altmer
Overall:
Nords are by far my favorite race, so I'm voting for them. With the power of the thu'um, they are the most dangerous race by far. That's not to say I don't have a Great deal of respect for the Altmers' power, I do. They just can't yell at the world and tell it to change.

Of course, the days in which many Nords could shout are long over, but they are still, in my opinion, the superior race.
Daniel Brown

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm

For Humans: Nords
For Elves: Altmer
Overall:
Nords are by far my favorite race, so I'm voting for them. With the power of the thu'um, they are the most dangerous race by far. That's not to say I don't have a Great deal of respect for the Altmers' power, I do. They just can't yell at the world and tell it to change.

Of course, the days in which many Nords could shout are long over, but they are still, in my opinion, the superior race.

What's that, you say? The Shehai? What's that? Redguards, you say? Can split the very makings of the universe, you say? You don't say.

:P
Amy Smith

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 pm

What's that, you say? The Shehai? What's that? Redguards, you say? Can split the very makings of the universe, you say? You don't say.

:tongue:

Have you SEEN those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords.
Danial Zachery

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:42 pm

NORD

/thread.
cassy

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:00 pm

:P
The Shehai are cool and all don't get me wrong, but how many times have the Redguards of Tamriel dominated anybody other than the Orcs?

And nothing sounds cooler than shouting at reality until changes for you!
Susan Elizabeth

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:12 pm

The Shehai are cool and all don't get me wrong, but how many times have the Redguards of Tamriel dominated anybody other than the Orcs?

And nothing sounds cooler than shouting at reality until changes for you!

They wiped out the Left Handed Elves, sank their home continent and also fought off the Bretons in war, as well as (CAUTION: Daggerfall lore) an army of Goblins (could be Orcs, since the story fits them more) that spawned through portals. Not to mention they fought off the Empire (Cyrus), and the Dominion.

Come at me. :[
Lakyn Ellery

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 pm

They wiped out the Left Handed Elves, sank their home continent and also fought off the Bretons in war, as well as (CAUTION: Daggerfall lore) an army of Goblins (could be Orcs, since the story fits them more) that spawned through portals. Not to mention they fought off the Empire (Cyrus), and the Dominion.

What do we even know about the left handed elves besides they're left handed? They could be milk drinkers for all we know. As for sinking the continent, well, maybe they should lay off the sweet rolls.
James Hate

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

What do we even know about the left handed elves besides they're left handed? They could be milk drinkers for all we know. As for sinking the continent, well, maybe they should lay off the sweet rolls.

It's implied they had an empire 3 or 4 times larger than the Yokudans (ancient Redguards). Which is where we get the idea that it was the Redguards that sunk their continent, which isn't actually ever implied, but no explanation is given for what turned a continent that was possibly larger than Tamriel into a small chain of islands. Plus, the Shehai splitting atoms thing, and whatnot.
Kevan Olson

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Left handed.... because they're holding a glass of milk in their right hands.

I like it.
Nana Samboy

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:13 pm

The Nords and the Altmer are respective equivalents for Men and Mer respectively. The key difference between them though is the Nords have all but lost the ability to use the power that made them a superior force in battle.
Kate Schofield

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 am

NORD

/thread.

ORC!

/thread.
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

It's implied they had an empire 3 or 4 times larger than the Yokudans (ancient Redguards). Which is where we get the idea that it was the Redguards that sunk their continent, which isn't actually ever implied, but no explanation is given for what turned a continent that was possibly larger than Tamriel into a small chain of islands. Plus, the Shehai splitting atoms thing, and whatnot.

TES lore... :bonk: W....T......F

All I can say is "Betcha can't do it again!" :tongue:
ladyflames

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:41 pm

It's the Altmer.. As much As i would like to say Bosmer.... Argonians would come close second.

The Altmer are pure mages.. They now control 3 lands. They have the Best mages in all of Tamriel/World.. Now they have evolved and take the same damage as all of them. They have the best Naval Force in Tamriel. I could go on and on..

But come on Bethesda. Let's make the Bosmer better :clap:
Josee Leach

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:24 pm

I never understood the milk drinker thing. Its a very important part of maintaining strong and health bones and teeth as well as supplementing muscle health thus encouraging longer lives.
e.Double

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 am

TES lore... :bonk: W....T......F

All I can say is "Betcha can't do it again!" :tongue:

A lot of Redguard lore is very shaky since we've never had a proper game based on them. TESA: Redguard was great and all, but it didn't explain much of the weirder parts of their history.
Valerie Marie

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 pm

I changed it to "Redguards of Tamriel", but I'll humor you. (Don't take this as me bashing Redgaurds, I actually really like them) I wouldn't count any of those as dominating, more like self defense. They just were fighting off oppressors.
The Nords cleaned the floor with the Snow Elves so badly that they allowed the Dwemer to blind them in exchange for safety. The Nords kicked the crap out of the Dragons and their cult when Alduin was sent forward in time. They essentially created the Empire and curb stomped the first Dominion. The Redguards drove off the Empire with Cyrus's help. The Stormcloaks drive off the Empire with Dovakiin's help.

Much of the Daggerfell stuff they can thank the Agent for.
Becky Cox

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:45 pm

My predictions for this thread is that they are going to lead to a very civil discussion on the pros and cons of each playable race.
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 am

I never understood the milk drinker thing. Its a very important part of maintaining strong and health bones and teeth as well as supplementing muscle health thus encouraging longer lives.

I know right, I think if the imperials just drank more milk they could have fought off the Thalmor.

The lore doesn't dispute it, therefore, it must be true.
WYatt REed

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 pm

A lot of Redguard lore is very shaky since we've never had a proper game based on them. TESA: Redguard was great and all, but it didn't explain much of the weirder parts of their history.
This.
Devils Cheek

Next

Return to V - Skyrim