The Forsworn Conspiracy, Major Bug

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:41 am

So i got to the part in The Forsworn conspiracy quest in Markarth, and when the three guards appeared at the end i didn't choose to go silently, in fact i went on a rampage and fled Markarth. Now this is where the bug starts, when i returned to markarth and got stopped by a guard, first I said i was framed and he shot the idea down, then when i pressed i submit take me to jail, he said "no one escapes from cidna mine" and then the conversation made a loop, since the only repluy option i had was "what's the problem?" he returned to the inital reply choices: I was framed, I submit, and I'd rather die. Hence the loop bug. Help please.

tl;dr The guards in markarth's speech loops around and i can't start the No One Escapes Cidna mine quest.
Dalia

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:45 pm

So i got to the part in The Forsworn conspiracy quest in Markarth, and when the three guards appeared at the end i didn't choose to go silently, in fact i went on a rampage and fled Markarth. Now this is where the bug starts, when i returned to markarth and got stopped by a guard, first I said i was framed and he shot the idea down, then when i pressed i submit take me to jail, he said "no one escapes from cidna mine" and then the conversation made a loop, since the only repluy option i had was "what's the problem?" he returned to the inital reply choices: I was framed, I submit, and I'd rather die. Hence the loop bug. Help please.

tl;dr The guards in markarth's speech loops around and i can't start the No One Escapes Cidna mine quest.

I wish I could help resolve the problem but all I can provide is a link to the two sites that I used when research my specific bug for this quest. The list of bugs on both sites were half as long when I first looked at them so there might be something there that could possible help you. All I know for certain is that I've been avoiding this quest like the plague.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Forsworn_Conspiracy

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Forsworn_Conspiracy
Mandy Muir

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:32 am

they REALLY need to redesign this specific quest.. so that you can break into the mine if you manage to kill the guards within the place... but unfortunately.... and it seems to be effecting TONS of people.... that if you submit sometimes you get stuck in an endless loop like mentioned...

if you fight.... you should only have to kill the 3 guards.. if not only have to fight a few guards that may come in later.... since it's an isolated area..... it should allow all those "witnesses" to be killed whichshould clear the bounty.. but unfortunately for many including me.... the entire town becomes enraged even npc... which just seems bizarre... like the quest is bugged.. as you should have the ability to avoid the mine without having to go back to another state....

People have gone werewolf on them and managed to eliminate/complete the quest by eliminating all the guards that were corrupt.... which killed the mine quest...

So really, if you can avoid the prison issue while NOT getting a bounty by eliminating the corrutp guards.. and really... we do get proof of it which should be presentable to the jarl..... wtf right?

Top it off... they could turn the mine quest into a reverse style alternative IF you don't go to prison... to break into the mine to essentially complete the that quest in that way.

It just seems like someone was making the quest.. and then.... got cut short of finishing it properly resulting in a forever bugged quest.

It is currently the only quest so far that royally drives me nuts.... I have taken the time to ensure i end up with no bounty and to ensure i never go to prison.. but this one while SHOULD give the oppertunity to avoid bounty and prison... it's like there is no chance of it... i want to ensure that corruption is completely eliminated.. but dammit..... can't seem to do it.
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Does anyone know if Bethesda is working on a fix? I have the eternally angry guards/can't clear bounty issue with about a dozen dead-ended quests that require me to go to Markath. I've tried several of the on-line solutions: player.setcrime gold 0 = doesn't work; Kill more guards pay bounty hunter = doesn't work. Unfortunately Forsword Conspiracy was one of the first (and last) I did in Markath so now many quest lines are halted or inaccessible. In my opinion, this is the worst Bug of the game and should have been repaired with the first patch. Does this rate second patch? Third patch? Or do we wait for the trusty modders to clean up after Bethesda?
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Does anyone know if Bethesda is working on a fix? I have the eternally angry guards/can't clear bounty issue with about a dozen dead-ended quests that require me to go to Markath. I've tried several of the on-line solutions: player.setcrime gold 0 = doesn't work; Kill more guards pay bounty hunter = doesn't work. Unfortunately Forsword Conspiracy was one of the first (and last) I did in Markath so now many quest lines are halted or inaccessible. In my opinion, this is the worst Bug of the game and should have been repaired with the first patch. Does this rate second patch? Third patch? Or do we wait for the trusty modders to clean up after Bethesda?

I can't even walk into markrath because i get attacked
Skivs

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 9:34 am

Another known glitch is; upon completing the quest, and exiting the city with the Forsworn any time you go back to Markarth the guards will start the framed murder dialogue and the only way to get out of it is resisting arrest and running out of the city.

I found it on the website but it doesn't have a solution.
Josh Sabatini

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 12:01 pm

I found it on the website but it doesn't have a solution.

Does anyone have details on the Civil War quest line to replace the leadership of Markath to clean up this bug? I did the entire Imperial quest line, I took Ulfric's head myself. But on returning to Markath the guards are still hostile?

I saw this listed as an easy fix, but there was no explanation to go along with it.
dav

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:59 pm

funny thing is, i get this bug even AFTER i've finished the cidna mine quest.

then again, i don't give a crap, i've done the quest, so ha.

only solution to fix this: use console. consult uesp.net wiki for details.
Loane

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:33 am

I still haven't found details on completing the Imperial quest line to establish new rule, completed the quest line and it did nothing to Markath. Wiki has a fix where you sneak back into shrine and talk to three guards who should continue to respond and pay bounty, but if the wiki fix doesn't work, as it didn't with me. I saw a work around in a thread, says to use the console commands "~" key then type 'tdetect'. This will allow you to get around Markath. The command toggles AI detection on/off, as long as you don't talk to the guards you should be fine. Usually I have some guard following me and looking angry, but it has enabled me to keep playing a few of the major quest lines like theives guild that take you to Markath. It sort of makes you cheat your way through one of the quests since your meant to be sneaking, but an inadvertant cheat is better than having a dozen dead quest lines.

Another thread also said that in January quest/data fixes will start to roll. I'd have to think this is top of the list as all by itself it kills so many other quest lines.
daniel royle

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:32 am

Funny i finished the quest and everytime i enter the talos shrine 3 guards are framing me for killing that guy (dont remember its name). And this happens only when i enter
christelle047

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:45 am

SPOILERS (needless to say)

If, and only, you side with the Rebels, your Markarth problems go away when the Nords take over and the city comes under "new management". You can even finish any Jarl quests by visiting him in exile in the basemant of Solitude's castle (until Solitude is invaded). There are some quests you can do in the meantime if you are extra sneaky, and perhaps strong enough to take on several guards at once until you can outrun them, screaming like an old woman throughout the countryside.
CHARLODDE

Return to V - Skyrim