The Slog : Greenskins

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:54 pm

So, this Quest has reappeared for me and has glitched, because it directed me to Medford Memorial Hospital (which I'd already cleared) and the Boss will not respawn. I have a dead (head exploded) Super Mutant Butcher lying at the reception outside the Operating Theatre and so, I just left and carried on with my business.

Unfortunately, today, I received an in-game notification telling me that time was running out for the completion of the Quest (I assume 1 in-game day), so I rushed from Gunners HQ back to Medford to see if he had finally respawned. Nothing outside had respawned, but the Mutants inside had. Well, all of the Mutants except the Boss, that is.

So, I got to thinking, "What if I tried to clear Breakheart Banks again?" and talk to Wiseman afterwards? When I got there, much to my surprise, not even Breakheart Banks had respawned, so I'm now kind of at a loss of what to do.

Firstly, I need to know what will happen to that Quest and The Slog, and all of my stuff within The Slog, if I just leave it and the time "runs out".

Secondly, is there a workaround I can use (on Xbox One) to resolve the issue?

And thirdly, and most obviously, can Bethesda please fix this, because I'm really not wanting to start over after I've spent a good 70+ hours on building up my Settlements alone, and over 200 hours overall.

Neko Jenny

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:32 pm

I've had a few of these quests show up so far. All from different settlements and different target locations. Sadly, there's not much I've found to do other than to just accept that you're failing the quest and move on. Or, toss your game on the shelf and hope we get a patch that actually fixes it >.>

Joey Avelar

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:47 pm

So, what happens when you fail?

suzan

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Well, you simply fail the quest. Happiness usually drops a bit (And I've read a few places that if you fail ANY radiant quest for a settlement, you can never hit max happiness on that settlement. But with how buggy happiness is, I don't know.)

One of them I was told to report back to Preston and he voiced concern about the failure, but then spouted three more quests at me. One of which, of course, was bugged. >.>

Monika Fiolek

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:55 am

nothing that will ruin your game. just carry on, sheet happens.

Vera Maslar

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:39 am

Oh, cool.

I guess I can carry on playing then.

I need to pick up the last 3 Bobbleheads I'm missing, get this Ballistic Weave thing everyone keeps going on about (I really hate the Railroad though. This whole "proving yourself" thing in Bethesda RPGs makes me want to gun down my "allies".) and complete my Magazine collection.

During all of this, I need to finish up the Defences for The Slog, Green-something Nursery, Warwick Homestead, Sunshine Tidings Co-op and Somerville Place.

Speaking of which, can the kids at Somerville Place die? I assume not, and I can't arm them, so I figure I can only really arm their father and build a defence network for them.

Sarah MacLeod

Return to Fallout 4