Transcendent Sigil Stones

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 6:02 pm

As far as I can imagine, the best stones offer Fortify Strength or Intelligence 12 points. It seems these two far overshadow anything other stones provide.

So, there's a lot of F9-ing going on in my game....

Am I missing something?
Veronica Flores

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 pm

As far as I can imagine, the best stones offer Fortify Strength or Intelligence 12 points. It seems these two far overshadow anything other stones provide.

So, there's a lot of F9-ing going on in my game....

Am I missing something?

Fortfy Magicka 50 points. Absorb Health 25 points. Elemental Shields (Fire, Shock, Frost, 25 each.)
Anthony Diaz

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Spell Absorption 15pts is also a good one.
Lovingly

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 2:35 am

Detect life 180 feet.
Andrew Tarango

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 4:14 am

LOL. The novelty of detect life wears thin when you are blinded by pink glow while fighting.

If my understanding is correct, Fortify Intelligence 12 points only raises Magica by 24 points, making Fortify Magica 50 points something very valuable. An entire suit of armor loaded with that bonus would increase my total Magica by just over 50%.

Absorbing magical damage would also be cool for Atronach birthsigns.
Matt Terry

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 pm

LOL. The novelty of detect life wears thin when you are blinded by pink glow while fighting.

If my understanding is correct, Fortify Intelligence 12 points only raises Magica by 24 points, making Fortify Magica 50 points something very valuable. An entire suit of armor loaded with that bonus would increase my total Magica by just over 50%.

Absorbing magical damage would also be cool for Atronach birthsigns.

And depending on your character type, you might consider saving (or swapping out, depending on circumstances) three slots for the three Elemental shields. Between them you get to 75 armor level, plus resistance to all three elemental magics (with no armor penalty.)

The Absorb Health is, I believe, the most devastating enchantment for a melee weapon. Take the opponent's health down 25 points with each hit, while simultaneously raising your own health by the same amount. It's almost game-breaking for a melee type.
Olga Xx

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 11:32 pm

I usually pick a Detect Life 180’ first. I shoot from so far away the pink glow is only barely visible. I put it on the Prison Wrist Irons and take them off when in town, etc. Even up close, it’s not that bright. Turn down he brightness in Options maybe.

The second one I get is Shock Damage 25 to use on my bow. Not many things resist Shock.

Then I go for Shield 20%. A few of them will take you a long way without all that armor stuff. My stealth-archer characters don’t wear armor.

Also, you get the best Sigil Stones if you wait until level 17+.
Dan Stevens

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 6:05 pm

What do the prison wrist irons do? I always dump those in the caverns....
Amber Hubbard

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 4:22 am

The prison wrist irons are the only non armor item you can use in the guauntlets slot. Those who value 100% spell effectiveness and cannot use mods often find them useful for enchanting.

After enough time using detect life, it is completely second nature to my character when she adventures. It prevents surprises, lets her strike better using long range & stealth and keeps her alive. Wouldn't trade it for anything. In fact, her pair of detect life rings are the only enchanted apparel she wears.
Siidney

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Return to the OP point: I find the "Fortify Attribute" stones are the ones I'm rejecting to get at the useful ones. By the time my character's getting Transcendent stones, they have the max in any attribute that matters to them, and the fortify won't do anything. I.e they're really fortify zero points if you can't raise the (effective) attribute any further. You may see 115% but if it's acting as 100%, that's all that counts. Acrobatics and something else go meaningfully past 100, but they're not that useful when they do.

I seem to remember a "mage gloves" mod that provided something more reasonable to enchant for the hand slot, but I couldn't find it when i looked.
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 1:16 am

Return to the OP point: I find the "Fortify Attribute" stones are the ones I'm rejecting to get at the useful ones. By the time my character's getting Transcendent stones, they have the max in any attribute that matters to them, and the fortify won't do anything. I.e they're really fortify zero points if you can't raise the (effective) attribute any further. You may see 115% but if it's acting as 100%, that's all that counts. Acrobatics and something else go meaningfully past 100, but they're not that useful when they do.

I seem to remember a "mage gloves" mod that provided something more reasonable to enchant for the hand slot, but I couldn't find it when i looked.

Attributes aren't Skills. Attributes past 100 are entirely effective.
Natalie J Webster

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Attributes aren't Skills. Attributes past 100 are entirely effective.
With the exceptions of perhaps agility. I haven't seen any noticeable effects from fortifying it past 100. Certainly doesn't reduce your character from staggering as the game might imply.

Edit: Worded wrong. What I meant to say is that agility is perhaps the only attribute with no noticeable effects past 100.
renee Duhamel

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 1:55 am

don't forget that your character's needs change as they level through the game.

I always F9 untill i get the sigil stone that I am looking for.

be that raise attribute or feather or fire damage.
Krista Belle Davis

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 1:01 am

Actually, my mage found himself carrying a crapload of fortify willpower potions that he made, and since Willpower is at 100, decided to do a little experiment.
I cast three custom spells in a row, that I know drain all magicka. Custom Summons, Custom "Go out and get 'em" spell on summons, custom shield on me. I timed the magicka regen. I re-cast three spells in a row and drank one of the potions which fortifies will power by 28 points for 112 seconds, and damn if the magicka regen didn't just rocket to the top. So, for willpower, at least in my experience, I've seen an effect past 100.
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Return to IV - Oblivion