Unique NPC's for settlements

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:08 am

Who are the unique settlers you can recruit for settlements? I'm not talking about the unique merchants (like vault-tec rep or the random encounters) but named npc's such as Sheffield. So far Sheffield is the only one I've encountered. There must be more, right?

Bek Rideout

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:48 am

well, there's your son shaun (synth), and the vault tec rep from the beginning of the game (who is now a ghoul), you can find him at the hotel in goodneighbor. Also you can get the drinking buddy from one of the missions who will walk around your settlement serving drinks if you decide to keep him.

ShOrty

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:29 pm

Anne Hargraves from the radio station. She's a former seamstress that you can employ. Looks good in summer shorts as well.

Crystal Clear

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:41 pm

Ah yes, know about these but they are the unique merchants (level 4 vendors) and drinking buddy isn't really a "settler". Meant people like sheffield who can be treated as a normal settlers and assigned tasks. I know level 4 merchants can as well but the reason I'm not asking for them is because there's a list on the wiki avaible for all level 4 merchants :P

Greg Cavaliere

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:04 am

everybody from Concord. Mama Murphy, Preston, Jun, Sturges and the never-happy wench.
Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:49 am

Tina de Luca and her brother in Vault 81 but they are unfortunately bugged. You can probably fix it with console commands on PC.
Charles Weber

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:24 am

Jun and Marcy, although annoying, at least have the redeeming feature that they can be assigned. Sturges and Mama are just annoying even if they do add character. Not sure if Ronnie Shaw can be assigned to things like farming - I get the impression she'll bite my head off if I asked her.

The Abernathy family can be used as normal settlers, but I don't think you can move them around to other settlements. Not sure about the others settlement named people, but I suspect no existing named settlers are movable.

Wish we could recruit certain people - like that escaped synth you rescue in Hunter/Hunted, or other random encounter people.. surely there's room to convince anyone with nothing to lose (and we meet so many of such people)... it'll certainly be one of the first mods many of us will explore when the GECK comes out. I want to recruit Scribe Haylen as a doctor after Blind Betrayal, since she's obviously got a reason to leave then.

Rachel Hall

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:09 am

There are a few named settlers already at the settlements who can be directed and moved around if you haven't killed them.

I moved one named settler from one location to another and he was always complaining that he didn't know anyone.

He was killed in a Mutant raid.

A limited number of the companions can be tasked with work too.

Aaron Clark

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Thanks! Gonna make a triup to vault 81. read a bit about it, can't be completely fixed with console since apparently she won't have any dialogue then, but still be able to be a settler. However seems the fix is to choose the insulting option to her borther(bobby) during the quest and kill him. Then tina will be able to join and to my understanding still have dialogue.

Do you know if her brother is suppose to be able to join as well? Seems a shame if I have to kill him then, but better with one of them than none. Both of them would fit perfectly in my drug den settlement :D

Amanda Leis

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:51 pm

I don't think Bobby ever becomes a settler, so he is... well, I hate to say this, but .. "expendable".

Enie van Bied

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:45 am

I see... He would have been the perfect town junkie... But perhaps it's better putting him out of his misery. In return his sister will live happily :D

Dan Stevens

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:20 am

Tina won't talk if you get her to a settlement. You have to keep insulting Bobby and make him attack you during the Dependency quest, then kill him. This is the only way to get Tina to actually come to your settlement, otherwise she remains bugged and says she's coming to a settlement but never actually leaves the Vault. By doing this she'll cease to have dialog though. Bobby isn't supposed to be recruitable.

I believe that Sheffield and Tina De Luca are the only non-vendor recruitable settlers that are named, aside from the Concord settlers and some of the settlers that are defaulted to certain settlements like the Abernathy, Finch, and Warwick families. There's also synth Shaun if you want to count that.

As far as the Level 4 vendors are concerned -

Vault-Tec Rep, general store

Trader Rylee, general store

Anne Hargraves, clothing stand

The Scribe, armor stand

Smiling Larry, weapons stand

Ron Staples, bartender

Doc Andersen, medical station

Holt Combes in Vault 81 is supposed to be recruitable as a general store merchant, but the dialog convincing his wife to leave him is bugged and the option to recruit him almost never becomes available.

lilmissparty

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:16 am

Thanks for the elaborate answer Quantum. So I guess it was only Tina I didn't know about. And it's a named npc settlers that's mute xD Oh well, what a shame. Interesting with Holt combes though, but when you say almost never I guess there's no workaround for it to happen then. Couldn't find any information about it on the wikis either.

LuCY sCoTT

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:31 am

If there's a workaround for it, then I'm unaware of it. I've spent hours trying to find one online and find one in game myself, with no success. Vault 81 in general is a rather glitchy location. Curie glitches out for a lot of people and just goes back to the Vault when you try to send her to a settlement. Alexis Combes and Holt Combes are both bugged. The whole Tina and Bobby De Luca thing is really buggy. Some people have even been entirely unable to get into Vault 81 in the first place. The door for the elevator won't open for them.

I've seen people claim to have successfully recruited Holt Combes, but whether or not they're telling the truth is questionable.

Cool Man Sam

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:52 am

The problem with entering Vault 81 for the first time seems to come from trying (successfully) to avoid the payment of 3 fusion cores (read this on Reddit). If you win the speech check, the games bugs out. If you do not try to avoid to pay 3 fusion cores, it works well. But the rest of the problems are there.

I have not yet sent Curie away, so I do not know if she goes to the Vault or to a settlement. I heard of a complex process how to avoid this, and I read that after getting her Synth body the problem goes away. Its best for now to ignore the Bobby/Tina thing and the Alexis/Holt thing.

victoria gillis

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:20 am

I spend too many hours in Vault 81 try to manage to get these folks to mine settlements. I tried console commands and whatnot. It seems like I may need to run Vault 81 from scratch again, but I doubt it. Looking forward to official patch on this one so even they on xbox be able to hire. A week ago or so, I tested the Vault stuffs again, Bobby did not attack me, because I did not fail speech check. I tested that in several hours, went in/out of that Vault to see if I could do something different. No luck.

Cheers,

-Klevs

Alexxxxxx

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:19 am

That's what I've heard. In both play throughs I had plenty of fusion cores by the time I got to Vault 81, so I just handed them over anyway. I figure one good deed is rewarded by another (in this case not facing a glitch lol).

In my first play through Curie wouldn't go to a settlement either before or after her companion quest. I found a workaround in my current play through though. I posted a thread on it here - http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1581242-curie-wont-go-to-your-settlements-workaround-found/

The simple summary: After leaving the secret part of Vault 81, you have to hand the cure over to Dr. Forsythe. Right after you hand it over you'll get a notification that Curie is now available as a companion and your quest will update with the next objective to talk to Austin. You have to talk to Curie -before- talking to Austin. She'll run through some dialog and you'll be able to take her on as a companion. I had her join me and then immediately dismissed her to Sanctuary to make sure that she actually left the Vault. Then you can talk to Austin and complete the quest. I did her companion quest the other night, and she's still staying at Sanctuary, which I'm very happy about. I really like Curie and having to go through like 6 loading screens to pick her up at Vault 81 was seriously annoying.

You don't have to fail a speech check to get Bobby to attack you. You just choose the violent/aggressive dialog options (to the right of the dialog wheel). The options should be green. You basically just end up calling him a worthless waste of space that isn't worth wasting your time on, he attacks, you kill him, and then you recruit Tina. She's running a Scavenging Station at Sanctuary for me now. She doesn't speak anymore though, which is kind of a drawback, but I don't really spend much time talking to the settlers in the first place lol

Petr Jordy Zugar

Post » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:26 am

Had a problem with the dialogue option where you tell hi mhe's a waste of space didn't appear. The reasoned seemed to be that I initiated a dialogue with him by pressing e, I reloaded and just walked up to him and let him start the conversations and the dialogue option was different. But as Curt said, there's no charisma check for it.

Anyway got Tina to my settlements, but it's not really worth it since she's actually less immersive/special than the other settlers considering she doesn't have any unique dialogue, she doesn't have any dialogue at all. A walking ghost. I'm pretty certain there must have been some unique dialogue for her.

But perhaps she just got so shocked and lost the ability to speak, considering she lived in a tincan all her life and haven't seen the real world.

c.o.s.m.o

Return to Fallout 4