was mankar cameron Dovahkiin?

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:43 am

I think Mankar Cameron was Dovahkiin, Why?
the septims where Dovahkiin and as the game introduces you to in the beginning is the fact that only the emperor could wear it. however as we all have seen, good old mankar doesn't really care about the rules.
I think that the septims where Dovahkiin was essential for wearing the amulet so in theory all dovahkiin can wear it. and there by our good friend Mankar has to be Dovahkiin to.

And to everyone saying He could wear the amulet because in his realm of paradise the rules of Mundus don't apply I guess you guys forgot he was wearing the amulet at the Dagon Shrine.
http://images.uesp.net//a/ad/OB-npc-Mankar_Camoran.jpg

Anyone agrees?
Emilie Joseph

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:09 am

correct... possibly, there is still a lot of discussion about the link between septim blood and being dragonborn
Tom Flanagan

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:00 am

I think Mankar Cameron was Dovahkiin, Why?
the septims where Dovahkiin and as the game introduces you to in the beginning is the fact that only the emperor could wear it. however as we all have seen, good old mankar doesn't really care about the rules.
I think that the septims where Dovahkiin was essential for wearing the amulet so in theory all dovahkiin can wear it. and there by our good friend Mankar has to be Dovahkiin to.

Anyone agrees?

No, he just used magic and the help of Dagon to get around the restrictions. Plus the nature of Paradise may have also allowed him to negate the restrictions.
cheryl wright

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Possibly correct.

Mankar was a mix breed of many races and could certainly have dragonborn blood.

However, I think that the primary reason he was able to wear the amulet of kings, was that he did not in fact wear it on Tamriel.
He wore the amulet in Gaiar Alata, wich is a realm of oblivion. Different 'universe', different rules.

Gaiar Alata was a sort of self contained bubble, fueled by the continuous death and ressurection of the people trapped there, their souls working as water on the prayer wheel that was paradise.
Inside this world the rules were largely what Mankar made them, and when he died it collapsed as his will no longer sustained it.

It could be he was dragonborn. Interesting actually, cause it may be thats why Dagon chose him as his agent in the first place.

But it could also be he could wear the amulet because he willed it to be so.
Elina

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:32 am

No, he has reflect magic. :)
Sara Johanna Scenariste

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:37 am

No, he has reflect magic. :)

Reflect/Resist Magic 110%. :D
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:03 am

Mankar Cameron was not a Dovahkiin. He used Magic to extend his life. His realm probably lossened up the restrictions on the Amulet Of Kings which is why he was able to wear it.
Sara Lee

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:08 pm

I thought it was because the emperor wasn't dead and Mankar assumed his guise while he was trapped
Taylor Bakos

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:05 pm

I thought it was because the emperor wasn't dead and Mankar assumed his guise while he was trapped

No, that's Jagar Tharn from Arena. Mankar Cameron was the high-elf from Oblivion.
Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:12 pm

That does't make sense becuase you see him wearing it in Lake Arrius Caverns. It's not impossible that mabye one of his ancestors was a basterd child of one of the Septims, or just a distant relative but still had royal blood. It happens more than you think IRL.

Edit: Replied to the wrong post. :facepalm:
LuBiE LoU

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:09 am

That does't make sense becuase you see him wearing it in Lake Arrius Caverns. It's not impossible that mabye one of his ancestors was a basterd child of one of the Septims, or just a distant relative but still had royal blood. It happens more than you think IRL.

Edit: Replied to the wrong post. :facepalm:

The really interesting bit is that he wears it for gameplay reasons. So you cant pickpocket it.
And that we are bending over backwards to explain why he can indeed wear it, consistent with established lore :)

I kind of am in love with that the elder scrolls universe is real enough for there to be plausible reasons for him to wear it at all,
and that it has fans who care enough to do so.
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:09 pm

He might had been one of the Dragonborn, certainly there's nothing out there to say he wasn't. I kind of like that idea too.

I mean in addition to possibly being a dragonborn he used magic and his own already long Altmer life span to make himself live unnaturally long.

It also seemed like he was one of the few from the beginning of the game that actually knew what the Amulet of Kings was for, which is why he was so desperate to take it from the Emperor. Whether this was information from Dagon, or something he already knew, we'll probably never know for sure. But I think it would be cool if he was actually one of the last dragonborn, just twisted and evil.
le GraiN

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:02 pm

I think that Mankar's ability to wear the amulet was developer oversight.
Honey Suckle

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:24 am

Exactly what I was thinking.
Jarrett Willis

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:43 am

This is Mankar Camoran, son of Haymon Camoran of the royal Valenwood bloodline. He is a Bosmer who, by his stature, I would assume inherited some of the traits of the Ayleids who fled to Vvardenfell and were known to have bred into the population of Vvardenfell, especially into the royal bloodline. The Camoran family has a long and royal history. I see no reason why Camoran and his kin couldn't have been of dragonborn blood. Mankar didn't come from, a family of nobodies. His father is the Camoran Usurper:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Refugees

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Brief_History_of_the_Empire

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Fall_of_the_Usurper
Donald Richards

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Mankar Camoran was a TOOL.
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:07 am

No, that's Jagar Tharn from Arena. Mankar Cameron was the high-elf from Oblivion.

Whoops my bad. Well the message you receive when you try to equip it says that it slips of your neck, which implies that it has some kind of clasp. Maybe he tied string to both ends and didn't actually connect it :P
Jaki Birch

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:31 pm

No, Dagon was a tool. Mankar was trying to achieve godhood and was trying to get Dagon to destroy Tamriel in order to rebuild it as he saw fit, which is to say he seemed to wish to rebuild the Ayleid Empire, adding weight to the theory of him being strongly influenced by Ayleid ancestry. Camoran was not the tool. When you enter Gaiar Alatar, notice the words "This is a vision of th past... and the future".
Tammie Flint

Post » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:58 am

Sort of makes sense, really. The Septims weren't the ONLY line of Dragonborn, and its likely that Martin Septim wasn't the ONLY ONE who could have lit the dragonfires using the amulet, but, civil war would incite if anyone but a direct relative to the Septims were to try to take the imperial throne. The royalties of Hammerfell and Daggerfall likely have atleast a few indirect decendents in their bloodlines, as do the High Elven and Bosmeri Royalties.

Its all conjecture though. I believe they acted like Martin was the only one who could light the dragonfires as a gameplay thing, but it can be explained through Political Reasoning.
Vera Maslar

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:57 pm

mankar camoran will be back on these forums soon :deal:
TWITTER.COM

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:25 pm

No, Dagon was a tool. Mankar was trying to achieve godhood and was trying to get Dagon to destroy Tamriel in order to rebuild it as he saw fit, which is to say he seemed to wish to rebuild the Ayleid Empire, adding weight to the theory of him being strongly influenced by Ayleid ancestry. Camoran was not the tool. When you enter Gaiar Alatar, notice the words "This is a vision of th past... and the future".

Too literal. Say my original post in the voice of Wayne, from "Wayne's World".
darnell waddington

Post » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:34 am

Too literal. Say my original post in the voice of Wayne, from "Wayne's World".

Huh?
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:36 am

Didn't recent article or interview mention that Mankar was different line of dragonborns than the septim line. Was it in the Game Informer article? I have to check...
lisa nuttall

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:17 pm

I could see it. I mean, as it was said there were all sorts of political marriages in the Septim lines, so it's distinctly possible for someone like Manky to have the blood in them to wear the amulet. There may have been several descendants that could have worn it, who knew no more about it than Martin did (who AFAIK wasn't aware of his ancestry at the start of the game).
Jaylene Brower

Post » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:00 pm

so if I substract the realistic comments Mankar could verymuch indeed be dragonborn,

gotta love the fact that a thing like this can evoke a serius conversation.
Trish

Next

Return to V - Skyrim