[REL] Weapon Mods Expanded

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:55 pm

The first person animation fixes for laser pistol and laser rifle (1hpattack3is and 2hrattack4is) are both vanilla animation compatible. I suppose I can upload some cross-compatible vanilla style animations since I've already setup the proper animation timings for the weapon bones/nodes for the different firing animation durations. It should be much easier, just basic copy paste. I'll just send you a package of fixed vanilla style animations that you might like to include on some future update.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:06 am

The first person animation fixes for laser pistol and laser rifle (1hpattack3is and 2hrattack4is) are both vanilla animation compatible. I suppose I can upload some cross-compatible vanilla style animations since I've already setup the proper animation timings for the weapon bones/nodes for the different firing animation durations. It should be much easier, just basic copy paste. I'll just send you a package of fixed vanilla style animations that you might like to include on some future update.

That sounds pretty good actually; thanks! :) So far I've tried to avoid including anything in WMX that replaces existing files (trying to avoid whatever potential compatibility issues I can), but including your fixed animations would also mean that the add-on I'm working on that includes the automatic Glock machine pistol would work properly straight away. (I'd still point users towards your mod in the readme, though.)
Len swann

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:50 am

Here are a few shots of the Glock 18c I was working on. I think it's finished now... it took a bit of fixing and tweaking. In-game it will be named '9mm Machine Pistol', to fit with the weapon naming scheme in New Vegas, so:

- http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/jlollback/falloutnv/glock01.jpg
- http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/jlollback/falloutnv/glock02.jpg
- http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/jlollback/falloutnv/glock03.jpg

It's modifiable with weapon mods from vanilla/WMX:

9mm Machine Pistol
+ 9mm Pistol Extended Mags - Increases ammunition capacity (+16).
+ Laser Sight - Decreases spread, adds laser sight effect.
+ 9mm Silencer - Silences the weapon.

The add-on itself is tentatively called 'WMX - Modern Weapons'. I'm only planning two more weapons for it for now: a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_TMP (probably to be named 'Tactical Machine Pistol' in-game, since that's what TMP stands for), and the AA-12 Shotgun from the WMK add-on (probably named 'Assault Shotgun' in-game).
Megan Stabler

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 am

ooh nice!

Now I hate myself for being lazy today. I didn't do any animations, instead I just made my character some custom outfit. I swear tomorrow will be animation day :P
x a million...

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 am

"Blessed are those in Maria's sight". Now that's just cruel :lmao:
Alex [AK]

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

Modern Weapons? AA-12? That's all I needed to hear. Epic.

Antistar, you are amazing.
Dark Mogul

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 am

ooh nice!

Now I hate myself for being lazy today. I didn't do any animations, instead I just made my character some custom outfit. I swear tomorrow will be animation day :P

No rush. :)

"Blessed are those in Maria's sight". Now that's just cruel :lmao:

Yeah, Maria was fun to work on. I'm particularly fond of the scope reticle, myself. ;)

Modern Weapons? AA-12? That's all I needed to hear. Epic.

Antistar, you are amazing.

Thanks; I'm not planning anything too extravagant with this add-on at this point, though. There's just a few weapons I wanted to have in-game, so...
Heather Stewart

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:13 am

Here's the Tactical Machine Pistol:

- http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/jlollback/falloutnv/steyr_tmp01.jpg
- http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/jlollback/falloutnv/steyr_tmp02.jpg

Tactical Machine Pistol
+ 10mm SMG Extended Mags - Increases ammunition capacity (+15).
+ Laser Sight - Decreases spread, adds laser sight effect.
+ 10mm Pistol Silencer - Silences weapon.

This one also took some fixing, but not as much as the Glock. I did add rails on the sides though, to support the laser sight. I'm a big fan of Resident Evil 4 (it's why I want the TMP in New Vegas, really), so http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Resident_Evil_4#Br.C3.BCgger_.26_Thomet_MP9 is the sort of look I was going for.

As you can probably tell, the TMP uses 10mm ammo while the 9mm Machine Pistol uses 9mm, of course. My aim is to have them make those calibres more useful later into the game, and their stats support that; they're expensive but relatively powerful weapons. They do more damage than the 9mm and 10mm SMGs, but less than weapons like the 12.7mm SMG.

The AA-12 will be pitched just above the Riot Shotgun - but then I'm still planning to implement the explosive FRAG-12 rounds the real-world AA-12 can fire, which will make things interesting...
Hot

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:07 am

You're working fast. Wow.

I especially like the TMP.

Just out of curiosity, will you implement the AA-12 similarly to the riot shogun in that the AA-12 will start with a box mag and will have to use a weapon mod to give it a drum mag? And I assume Will the FRAG-12 rounds will count towards the explosives skill (if possible)?
Elizabeth Lysons

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:17 am

I don't think it's possible to make ammunition effect what skill the weapon uses. Unles switching to that ammo switches the weapon to an exact copy that uses another weapon skill? I saw a mod that added Lightning's Gunsword form Final Fantasy XIII to Fallout 3, it was possible to switch it between gun and sword modes on the fly, but as a result you couldn't bind it to a quickslot; it vanished from it everytime you switched modes.
Barbequtie

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 pm

I didn't even mean to put "assume" in my explosives statement, I meant to ask if it would be possible. Oops.

But yeah, I remember lightnings sword...Might be too much of a pain if it will have to do that.
STEVI INQUE

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:38 am

Hey, I just finished all the noded animations for handguns... basically, attackloop(for the glock) and attackleft(ranger sequoia firing and recoil animation, might be useful for, say, 12.7mm/.50 cal pistols) should work with semi auto pistol meshes.

Rifles, I don't want to clutter up your mod with unused animations so, I'm guess you're using Riot Shotgun nodes for the AA-12 and need proper riot shotgun nodes for the 2haAttackloop?
Stephanie Nieves

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:46 am

You're working fast. Wow.

I especially like the TMP.

Just out of curiosity, will you implement the AA-12 similarly to the riot shogun in that the AA-12 will start with a box mag and will have to use a weapon mod to give it a drum mag? And I assume Will the FRAG-12 rounds will count towards the explosives skill (if possible)?

Thanks. :) I should specify that I'm not doing these from scratch, though; they're based on resources available for FNV. They just needed some fixing up and repurposing. The release will include exhaustive credits, of course.

Yes, the unmodified AA-12 (or 'Assault Shotgun') will have a box mag by default and will be modifiable with drum mags. Unfortunately - as mentioned - I don't think ammo type can affect the skill required for a weapon; this is one of the things that may make it interesting. ;) I'm considering having the explosive rounds be only available through a reloading bench recipe that requires a very high Explosives skill, though - like the ammo types in vanilla FNV that are only available via 'hand-loader' recipes. (Maybe a few rounds available at a time in dedicated gun stores - not sure). This way you still need a high Explosives skill to get access to what may be a fairly effective explosive weapon.

Hey, I just finished all the noded animations for handguns... basically, attackloop(for the glock) and attackleft(ranger sequoia firing and recoil animation, might be useful for, say, 12.7mm/.50 cal pistols) should work with semi auto pistol meshes.

Rifles, I don't want to clutter up your mod with unused animations so, I'm guess you're using Riot Shotgun nodes for the AA-12 and need proper riot shotgun nodes for the 2haAttackloop?

Awesome - thanks. :) If I was to add more weapons to this add-on at a later date, a Desert Eagle would be a likely candidate. For the AA-12 I was vaguely considering using one of the existing assault rifle (or light machinegun?) animations, but a fixed up set of Riot Shotgun animations does sound like it would be better - thanks again.

Oh - and whatever's needed to fix the firing animation for the Recharger Pistol, like MadCat was talking about earlier.

...I'm feeling greedy now. :blush2:
Princess Johnson

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:26 am

cool anyway, here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0jo4wtm8jncdez3

readme paste:
List of tweaked vanilla animations:

Pistols
-------
attackloop (automatic animation) should be compatible to semi automatic (10mm,9mm,12.7mm) pistol mesh base

attackleft (high recoil animation) should be compatible to semi automatic (10mm,9mm,12.7mm) pistol mesh base

attack3 (laser pistol) has fixed iron sight firing animation, correct weapon property settings (do not use 1st person animation must be unchecked) and properly sight noded weapon mesh still required

Rifles
------
attackloop (two hand automatic loop animation) has riot shotgun nodes attached to it

attack4 (two hand rifle laserrifle attack animation) now has iron sight firing animation, correct weapon property settings (do not use 1st person animation must be unchecked) and properly sight noded weapon mesh still required
Katie Samuel

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:24 am

Thanks. :) I should specify that I'm not doing these from scratch, though; they're based on resources available for FNV. They just needed some fixing up and repurposing. The release will include exhaustive credits, of course.

Yes, the unmodified AA-12 (or 'Assault Shotgun') will have a box mag by default and will be modifiable with drum mags. Unfortunately - as mentioned - I don't think ammo type can affect the skill required for a weapon; this is one of the things that may make it interesting. ;) I'm considering having the explosive rounds be only available through a reloading bench recipe that requires a very high Explosives skill, though - like the ammo types in vanilla FNV that are only available via 'hand-loader' recipes. (Maybe a few rounds available at a time in dedicated gun stores - not sure). This way you still need a high Explosives skill to get access to what may be a fairly effective explosive weapon.

Awesome - thanks. :) If I was to add more weapons to this add-on at a later date, a Desert Eagle would be a likely candidate. For the AA-12 I was vaguely considering using one of the existing assault rifle (or light machinegun?) animations, but a fixed up set of Riot Shotgun animations does sound like it would be better - thanks again.

Oh - and whatever's needed to fix the firing animation for the Recharger Pistol, like MadCat was talking about earlier.

...I'm feeling greedy now. :blush2:

Helping a fellow modder out is the creed of the Cathedralist modding philosophy. :)
adam holden

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:51 am

cool anyway, here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0jo4wtm8jncdez3

readme paste:
List of tweaked vanilla animations:

Pistols
-------
attackloop (automatic animation) should be compatible to semi automatic (10mm,9mm,12.7mm) pistol mesh base

attackleft (high recoil animation) should be compatible to semi automatic (10mm,9mm,12.7mm) pistol mesh base

attack3 (laser pistol) has fixed iron sight firing animation, correct weapon property settings (do not use 1st person animation must be unchecked) and properly sight noded weapon mesh still required

Rifles
------
attackloop (two hand automatic loop animation) has riot shotgun nodes attached to it

attack4 (two hand rifle laserrifle attack animation) now has iron sight firing animation, correct weapon property settings (do not use 1st person animation must be unchecked) and properly sight noded weapon mesh still required

Fantastic - thanks very much. :) I'm moving on to the AA-12 next, so I'll get to test that out shortly.

In terms of compatibility with your animation pack/s, if I just direct users to install/reinstall them after WMX, that will be fine, right?

I've got a few things lined up for the next update to WMX, now. This is the changelog at the moment:

- WMX now includes fixed/tweaked vanilla weapon animations by Joefoxx.
- Vance's 9mm Submachine Gun (unmodified variant) now uses correct world model.
- Minor mesh fix for Hunting Revolvers (better smoothing on cylinder).
- Reverted attack animation used by Recharcher Pistol (no longer needed to be changed, thanks to Joefoxx's animations).

There are some other things I've yet to do, too. I was just alerted to a problem with the Brush Gun; with the (vanilla) Forged Receiver weapon mod applied, the shell ejector thing is moved from the side of the receiver to the top (there's that mystery solved, MadCat - don't know how I missed that), which clashes with the location of the scope mod added by WMX. The scope is in the same location as it is with the (vanilla) scope mod for the Trail Carbine - which I thought would be fine since it and the Brush Gun are almost identical. But obviously not... anyway, I might look at giving in the La Longue Carabine scope instead, since that attaches on the side.

I think I'll also do a quick retex of That Gun to make it look more like http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Blade_Runner#LAPD_2019_blaster, since that was the original inspiration for it (this is in the interests of having That Gun look different to the .223 Pistol). I know that there are already some retexes out there that also had this aim, but I don't think they're suitable, unfortunately.
Nick Swan

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:14 am

That TMP is looking sweet.
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 pm

I know it's premature, but for your real-world weapons add-on have you considered making the items unique loot off of unique boss-ish enemies? I think a lot of people are svckers for that type of thing (or at least I am).
LijLuva

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:06 am

That TMP is looking sweet.

Thanks. :)

I know it's premature, but for your real-world weapons add-on have you considered making the items unique loot off of unique boss-ish enemies? I think a lot of people are svckers for that type of thing (or at least I am).

Sorry, no; the plan is to implement them in a similar way to the Battle Rifle and .223 Pistol in WMX Main - available in some stores, possibility for some NPCs to spawn with them.
Mimi BC

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:13 am

Is there any chance there could be a compatibility patch for FOOKNV?
Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:51 am

Is there any chance there could be a compatibility patch for FOOKNV?

I haven't had a close look at FOOKNV. What does it need in the way of compatibility with WMX?
Unstoppable Judge

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:29 pm

I think I'll also do a quick retex of That Gun to make it look more like http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Blade_Runner#LAPD_2019_blaster, since that was the original inspiration for it (this is in the interests of having That Gun look different to the .223 Pistol). I know that there are already some retexes out there that also had this aim, but I don't think they're suitable, unfortunately.

Awesome! I already renamed it to 2019 Detective Special.
Richard

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:17 am

I haven't had a close look at FOOKNV. What does it need in the way of compatibility with WMX?

Right now they use Arenovalis' textures, renames for a lot of the weapons, and some of the guns don't have 3 mods applied on them. They have also added all the cut mods to the Trail Carbine. That is all I have found so far.
ashleigh bryden

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Random mod-related bug here: I added the focus optics mod to a laser rifle, and the http://i.imgur.com/Ov4DI.jpg flickers like it has two textures applied - see pic for example. No clue what the cause is... Especially seeing as WMX doesn't touch the meshes or textures for it, that I've seen. Any clue what the problem might be?
HARDHEAD

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:16 am

Awesome! I already renamed it to 2019 Detective Special.

It's proving difficult - I am not a great artist - but I'll do my best.

Right now they use Arenovalis' textures, renames for a lot of the weapons, and some of the guns don't have 3 mods applied on them. They have also added all the cut mods to the Trail Carbine. That is all I have found so far.

I'll keep it in mind, but even when I'm not busy working on mods, making compatibility patches for mods I'm not (currently) using myself is a low priority. Chucking together a patch in the first place usually isn't so bad - it's just that people will start bugging me about updating it if one or both of the mods in question are updated (which is quite likely in this case). Often there's at least one person that will get pretty nasty about it too... which seems like an odd tactic when they're begging/demanding me to do something for them.

Am I alone in seeing texture bugs on the laser rifle? I added the focus optics mod, and the http://i.imgur.com/Ov4DI.jpg flickers like it has two textures applied - see pic for example. No clue what the cause is...

WMX doesn't touch the visuals of the Laser Rifle.
Dewayne Quattlebaum

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas