[REL] Weapon Mods Expanded

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:39 am

What does the compatibility patch for Arwen's do? Alter weapon stats according to Arwen's mod? If I load your mod before Arwen's and tag with WeaponMods it should work just fine, I wouldn't need the compatibility patch, right? (that's how I've used both mods and it seems to work just fine).

Yes, it just matches stats - well, it also adds an object effect from Arwen's to certain weapons. I don't know how that would fare with bashed patches (that's what you're talking about, right?). I haven't used bashed patches with FO3 or FNV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKnEyJiuQY

There's some sort of mod called replacement sights but I can't seem to find it in GECK.

Could someone please be kind enough to give me a base id so that I can mod the assault carbine? Thanks! :D

That video is about WME, and I'm guessing 'replacement sights' are from WME as well; this is the REL thread for WMX.
Pants

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Yeah, bashed patches don't merge the weapon effects into the patch unless said mod is the last one altering the weapons so that's why Arwen is loaded last in comparison to mods that alter the weapons. It doesn't have to be loaded near the end of the load order just after all the mods that edit weapons so that bashed patch can include the effects as well.

So I'll only need the inventory sorters one it seems :)
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:39 am

That video is about WME, and I'm guessing 'replacement sights' are from WME as well; this is the REL thread for WMX.

I just failed.. :(

Sorry :(
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:13 am

I just uploaded WMX v1.0.1 to the http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39651. There's a full package if you haven't installed the mod before (or if you just want to keep things neat), and a v1.0 to v1.0.1 patch.

WMX v1.0.1 changelog:

Version 1.0.1 (22-01-11)
- Fixed tangent space for a range of weapon meshes.
- Fixed alpha-sorting issue on AER14 Prototype stock.
- Reduced chance of finding weapon mods in loot.
- Laser RCW, Plasma Defender and Recharger Pistol now affected by Energy Resistance (same as all other Energy weapons).
- Changed ejected shell casing mesh used by several weapons (in line with what's in the Community Bugfix Compilation).

Sammygirl500

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:01 am

Antistar, is it alright if I create Classic Pack and Mercenary Pack plugins for this?
Zosia Cetnar

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:13 am

Antistar, is it alright if I create Classic Pack and Mercenary Pack plugins for this?

Thanks for the offer, but the Classic Pack (containing the Weathered 10mm Pistol) doesn't need a WMX patch as WMX doesn't alter weapon modification for the 10mm Pistol, and I can actually do the Mercenary Pack one myself as that's the pre-order pack that I have. I might do that today.

The one I really need someone else to do is the Caravan Pack.
Nicole M

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:56 am

I can do the Caravan pack, that's what I have.
bimsy

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:59 pm

I can do the Caravan pack, that's what I have.

Awesome; that would be a great help. :)

My plan is to have both patches in the one file on the WMX Nexus page to keep things neat (though there would be one esp for each pack, of course). I'll go do the Mercenary Grenade Rifle now...

Edit: I've been thinking about directory structure. Could you structure it like this (please):

meshes\WeaponModsixpanded\weapons\preord\2handrifle\caravanshotgunsturdy\
textures\WeaponModsixpanded\preord\2handrifle\caravanshotgunsturdy\

(Yeah, I forgot to put things in a [weapons] directory in the textures path when making WMX. Doesn't matter, of course, but that's why they're different.) Don't know if you'll need the textures part, but there it is anyway, just in case.
Jessica White

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:32 pm

-edit-
A Dardzz

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:03 am

It seems that the condition booster mods DO work, contrary to what was previously reported.

Started a new game and found myself a plasma pistol, and put on a thickened chamber glass mod.

Before, it GetWeaponHealthPerc returned a value of 69.13, and firing once reduced it to 69.00.

After applying the mod, its health is 79.42 right after applying the mod, and 79.33 after firing once.

Higher health by over 10%, and also reduces wear rate by 0.04 percent in the plasma pistol's case.

It also occurred to me... Couldn't the laser weapons get "improved parts" as well, replacing the broken beam splitter? I still have those cleaned up laser textures by Drag0ntamer.
Micah Judaeah

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:41 am

possibly a patch for Reload?

Reload's Nexus page has been set to hidden for a while now, so there's not much I can do about it at the moment. Out of interest though, what would you be after in a compatibility patch for Reload? Since I can't access it, I don't really know exactly what it does.

It seems that the condition booster mods DO work, contrary to what was previously reported.

Started a new game and found myself a plasma pistol, and put on a thickened chamber glass mod.

Before, it GetWeaponHealthPerc returned a value of 69.13, and firing once reduced it to 69.00.

After applying the mod, its health is 79.42 right after applying the mod, and 79.33 after firing once.

Higher health by over 10%, and also reduces wear rate by 0.04 percent in the plasma pistol's case.

It also occurred to me... Couldn't the laser weapons get "improved parts" as well, replacing the broken beam splitter? I still have those cleaned up laser textures by Drag0ntamer.

That's good to hear. I should do some tests with repair kits too...

I'd like to give Obsidian a bit more time to fix Split Beam in a patch, but it can't hurt to have something like an Improved Parts weapon mod in reserve. Maybe you could pass those textures to me (if Drag0ntamer is alright with that) along with the Sturdy Caravan Shotgun stuff?

Edit: I've finished the Mercenary Pack patch. There were a number of things to fix in it, actually. The texture looked like it had had some ambient occlusion baked in before a few pieces of the model were moved around, leaving some dark splotches where they shouldn't be. The texture was also missing the shell and grenade, with just a grey empty area where they should be. To compensate for this, the shell and grenade parts of the mesh were left pointing at the standard Grenade Rifle texture, resulting in the weapon using two textures (well, two materials made of several textures, technically) when it only needed the one. Double(?) the memory requirement.

The Long Barrel variant was pointing at the mesh (and textures) for the standard Grenade Rifle, meaning that the whole weapon would switch in appearance if that weapon mod was applied. The third-person model for the unmodified variant of the weapon was actually the model for the standard Grenade Rifle (the pre-order pack itself contained no model files for the weapon), with first-person texture sets applied to all of the weapon (defeating the purpose of having a third-person model in the first place, really), except for the buttstock, which was left with the standard Grenade Rifle texture.

So a bit of a mess, all-up. Fixed now in WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary, though. :)
Sasha Brown

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Antistar, I thought you included 10mm Pistol models in the download, which led me to believe that you had modified the models in some way, which is why I offered to make a patch for the Classic Pack.
Arnold Wet

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:52 am

Antistar, I thought you included 10mm Pistol models in the download, which led me to believe that you had modified the models in some way, which is why I offered to make a patch for the Classic Pack.

Well spotted. :) You'll notice I only included models with laser sights; without going into too much technical detail, I changed the way it controls the visibility of the beam effect so that it would work with the modified holster animations used in http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36152. Basically it uses the same technique as the Plasma Pistol (with its green 'lightning' effects), rather than the slightly different way they did it by default.
Heather M

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:43 am

Is there a seperate FOV setting for the scopes and the guns themselves? I've been playing around with Arwen's tweaks recently and some of he weapon's have virtually no iron sight zoom, which meant the scope on my Varmint Rifle was pretty comical.
jessica sonny

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:55 am

eek. wrong thread. sorry Antistar
Deon Knight

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:58 am

On the laser retextures, there are some caveats... First, Drag0ntamer didn't quite line them up properly to the UVW, I had to fix that. Second, the UVW of the vanilla was a bit outta whack anyway, especially around the little fin things in the back cap, and especially the radial fins on the muzzle (they're black). I have a mesh fix for them.
Max Van Morrison

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:41 am

Is there a seperate FOV setting for the scopes and the guns themselves? I've been playing around with Arwen's tweaks recently and some of he weapon's have virtually no iron sight zoom, which meant the scope on my Varmint Rifle was pretty comical.

Sorry, you'll have to be a bit more specific about what you're asking.

On the laser retextures, there are some caveats... First, Drag0ntamer didn't quite line them up properly to the UVW, I had to fix that. Second, the UVW of the vanilla was a bit outta whack anyway, especially around the little fin things in the back cap, and especially the radial fins on the muzzle (they're black). I have a mesh fix for them.

Sounds fine to me; it would probably be good to fix those things anyway. :)
Calum Campbell

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:31 am

When you look down the ironsight of a gun, you get that zoom effect, which I believe is a product of the FOV setting. Well Arwen's tweaks removes/reduces that zoom on a lot of guns, so when I looked down the scope of my varmint rifle, there was virtually no zoom, just the scope's cross hair overlay.

So, my question was, is there a FOV setting for the scope's themselves, or is it based purely on the gun's FOV?
emily grieve

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am

When you look down the ironsight of a gun, you get that zoom effect, which I believe is a product of the FOV setting. Well Arwen's tweaks removes/reduces that zoom on a lot of guns, so when I looked down the scope of my varmint rifle, there was virtually no zoom, just the scope's cross hair overlay.

So, my question was, is there a FOV setting for the scope's themselves, or is it based purely on the gun's FOV?

Weapon records have a 'Sight FOV' field; the value in this field is the level of zoom for the weapon when the 'aim' button is used; whether or not it has a scope by default. Weapons that can have a scope weapon mod applied have another value set when defining the weapon mod's effect. This value is subtracted from the 'Sight FOV' value to give the tighter FOV used with the scope attached.
victoria gillis

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Zoom is based on the weapon FOV parameter. Adding scope mods also decreases that FOV by an amount specified in the mod parameters. You'll have to fix the guns individually, or install a mod that gives you dynamic zooming (accomplished via script.)

Edit - Woops :ninja:
Pumpkin

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 am

Soooo.... Let's say no zoom is an FOV value of 75 (for the sake of argument, I can't remember the exact figures of the top of my head), the default varmint rifle an FOV of 45 giving a reasonable zoom, the scope has a value of -15. Now let's say mod-1 changed the rifle's FOV to 75, wouldn't it be easier to change the scope's value to -45? That way you'd get the currect zoom with the scope, but the iron sights on the rifle would provide no zoom, without having to return every weapon's FOV to normal and only having to change the handful of scopes?
WYatt REed

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:08 am

Soooo.... Let's say no zoom is an FOV value of 75 (for the sake of argument, I can't remember the exact figures of the top of my head), the default varmint rifle an FOV of 45 giving a reasonable zoom, the scope has a value of -15. Now let's say mod-1 changed the rifle's FOV to 75, wouldn't it be easier to change the scope's value to -45? That way you'd get the currect zoom with the scope, but the iron sights on the rifle would provide no zoom, without having to return every weapon's FOV to normal and only having to change the handful of scopes?

It might depend on exactly what you're trying to achieve. Out of interest, if you're wondering about the balancing in Arwen's mod, why are you asking me about it rather than Arwen?
Melissa De Thomasis

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:50 am

I might have a theory.

Spoiler
Maybe he's afraid of her freaking out at him over questioning her changes.

Other than that I couldn't tell you.
Thema

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:52 am

Because I'd make the changes myself and simply wanted to know if it was possible to just change the scopes, I'd be able to change 4 or 5 scopes much faster than every weapon in New Vegas.

Also I have no problem with that particular balance in Arwen's tweaks, the ones I did have a problem with I changed myself, I don't make a habit of pestering a modder to conform to how I see things. I like how iron sights have no zoom in her changes, but when you get no zoom with a scope don't you think that defeats the purpose of the scope?

And, The Third Type...

Spoiler

I have no idea what you could be referring to.

Claire Jackson

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:24 am

Because I'd make the changes myself and simply wanted to know if it was possible to just change the scopes, I'd be able to change 4 or 5 scopes much faster than every weapon in New Vegas.

Also I have no problem with that particular balance in Arwen's tweaks, the ones I did have a problem with I changed myself, I don't make a habit of pestering a modder to conform to how I see things. I like how iron sights have no zoom in her changes, but when you get no zoom with a scope don't you think that defeats the purpose of the scope?

Ah, I think I get what you're saying now. Unfortunately, changing something like the Sight FOV used (with/without a scope mod) on a range of weapons will require editing each weapon record individually. The effect a weapon mod has on a weapon is defined on a per-weapon basis in the weapon record, not in the weapon mod item itself.
Trent Theriot

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas