Werewolf - Hinterland

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:31 am

Name:"Wolf" Carlson

Physical description: 5"8'/178 lbs with a mixed stocky athletic build/Brown eyes/hair carefully styled into a mess and brown.
Hobbies:Stupid bets, Clever lies, and Exaggerating about his life.
Possessions: A hiking backpack stuffed with towels to look full, a GPS, and several packets of instant lemonade.
Personality: He is a compulsive liar, constantly exaggerates, acts aggressive to hide his own cowardice, and is incredibly foolhardy.
History: Wolf is a self proclaimed ex-special forces operative who has his own reality show. He claims he teaches people to survive in the wilderness, but it is a farce he does for money. He has come to Hairy Hills to meet his camera crew for the newest episode. He didn't find his crew there however...

What is with me and stereotypical characters lately?
I wanted to do a conman but the setting isn't quite right so this will do :\.
Calum Campbell

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:27 am

Here is my character description.

Name: Charlie Wilson

Physical description: 5'9", 170 lbs, fairly weak, short brown hair, brown eyes
Clothing: blue jeans and a black Carl Sagan Tshirt
Hobbies: Painting, playing video games, gazing at the night sky with a telescope, reading science journals
Possessions: a paint brush, a portable telescope, an extra telescope lens, a Dr. Pepper bottle, a Stephen Hawking lecture
Personality: self-centered, liar, aragant, self-educated, calm
History: He was born into a rich family, and lived in a rural area. He was kicked out of his house at age 18. He always wanted to be an astrophysist but without his parents financial backing he wasn't able to do that. He now lives in an apartment in the city. He has a mild Dr. Pepper addiction and hates people over the age of 45. He is at the camp because he heard there was supposed to be a meteor shower in the area and wanted to check it out.
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:42 am

Name: Trent Knowles

Physical description: Roughly 6' tall and fairly thin. Short black hair and green eyes.
Clothing: A white polo shirt and khaki cargo shorts. Also a black bucket hat and brown hiking boots.
Hobbies: Hiking, reading, and martial arts.
Possessions: Compass, trailmap, walking stick, survival gear, first aid kit, and a battered copy of Common Sense by Thomas Paine.
Personality: At work, Trent is reserved and calculating. At home, he is colorful and outgoing. Whatever happens, he has always thought three steps ahead, and he never forgets anything.
History: Trent grew up in Baltimore, did well in school, and went to Harvard Law. He interned at a firm in New York CIty before moving to DC to join a respected practice. Made partner in five years. After a particularly stressful trial, he headed off to Hairy Hills to unwind.
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Name: Dr. Vent Jr.

GO TEAM VENT Jr.!

Also... I'm surprised none of you chose US Congressman for occupation.. after all we are or at least have to be on the Appalachian Trail :P
Cassie Boyle

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:02 pm

GO TEAM VENT Jr.!

Someone got the reference , I was going to name him Dr.Venture but I didn't want to completely copy and paste the character.
Jesus Duran

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey E.... I updated my profile... i missed a 2 in front of that 5' of rope and i also defined it better
Laura Cartwright

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Reserved. Add me in.
natalie mccormick

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 am

Name: Nathan Davis

Physical Description: 5'9" and emaciated. Somewhat weak. Long and dirty hair, with bits of leaves and twigs stuck in. He also has a long beard, down to about his navel. It has bits of leaves, twigs, and the occasional animal bone stuck in there. He is extremely dirty. Surprisingly, he doesn't smell bad.
Clothing:Wears a tattered flannel shirt and dirty cargo pants.
Hobbies: Staying alive, eating small woodland creatures, getting back to civilization.
Possessions: A rusty pocketknife, broken compass, empty disposable lighter, half of a leather wallet with nothing in it, rimless glasses.
Personality:Very calm and patient. Very creative, and normally has a solution for whatever problem arises. Very blunt when dealing with others. When ignored or chastised, he sulks for about five minutes then acts like nothing ever happened.
History: Nathan led a fairly standard childhood. When he was 17, Nathan went on a camping trip with friends. After he was done "taking care of business" one morning, he got lost on the way back to the campsite. For the past five years he has wandered these hills, eating whatever berries and animals he could get his hands on.
Mélida Brunet

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:32 am

What is with me and stereotypical characters lately?

:shrug:

Don't worry, I won't hold it against you, Mr. Grylls Carlson

Hey E.... I updated my profile... i missed a 2 in front of that 5' of rope and i also defined it better

Sounds good. Profiles can be tweaked all the way up to the submission deadline. That's when I'll go round them up.

Reserved. Add me in.

Okeedokee.

That makes 29, people! Since I said I'd cap it at 30, and indeed any more than that would be CRAZY then that leaves room for 1 more person.
Justin Bywater

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 am

Reserved please?
Mario Alcantar

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:42 pm

As a semi-interesting aside: I know nobody was really curious, but I actually am living a mere 20km from the town of Hairy Hill, Alberta. And ironically, though a few 'hills' do exist here, it's 99% bare, flat prairie. The name always cracks me up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_Hill,_Alberta
Jaki Birch

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Name: Sara Thompson
Physical description: 5'6'', 120 lbs, Dark Brown Hair, she's pretty, but not gorgeous...
Clothing: Jeans and several long sleeve tee-shirts, including her favorite grey one, also a black bandanna that she always wears...
Occupation: Sara is a professor of history at a small liberal arts college back east...
Hobbies: Besides camping, Sara likes reading and playing cards.
Possessions: Deck of cards, flask of cherry-flavored vodka, a copy of Herodotus' Histories, and her favorite 14 carat gold ball-point pen...
Personality: Sara is a downright misanthrope. She doesn't like the company of others, and is perfectly happy by herself, looking down on others, their weaknesses, their ignorance, and their hypocrisies. Yet, in conversation she is not sarcastic, but she will state her opinion straight, with no regard for other people's feelings. She likes having fun, but she doesn't outwardly show it. The most open and interactive you'll see her is when she's playing cards, which allows her to outwit her fellow man and exercise her mental skills.
History: Although she was always a negative person, Sara's personality really took a turn for the worse when her husband was killed by a drunk driver. After that she dedicated herself to her studies, and shut out almost everyone in her life. After his death, she bought a dog, which died a week ago, so to blow off some steam she decided to go camping. She's well respected in her field, but has almost no friends in Academia.
Naomi Lastname

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:21 am

Name: Marty
Physical description: Tall and lanky. 6'5'' (Metric: 196cm) and 182lbs. (Metric: 83kg). Black. Muscular, but skinny muscular, not bulky. Brown eyes. Short, black fuzzy hair. Tattoo of birth-date on left side of chest.
Clothing: Jeans, Miami Heat T-shirt, Silver Chain Necklace, Left Earring, Nike Basketball Shoes, Flatbill Hat, Sports Watch, Shades.
Hobbies: Likes to play basketball, play video games, work out, camp, read, and likes to collect anything out of the ordinary.
Possessions: iPod, backpack, Axe body spray, keys to car/home/etc., Inuit knife (Bought from tourist store), Basketball.
Personality: Can be described as "happy-go-lucky". Definitely not a lucid person (not that he is dumb, but is a bit too optimistic). While being optimistic, Marty has a short temper and takes many things as personal that weren't intended to be personal. Very competitive. He can be ambiguous. Assertive. Likes to tease others in a friendly way, but often fails to realize when it starts to get annoying.
History: Born and raised in Cleveland, took up basketball on the streets with his friends. Coming from a rough school, he somehow managed to keep a positive outlook on life. When Marty's mother and father got in a dispute, Marty moved with his mom to his grandmother and grandfather's house in Greenville, South Carolina. He played basketball for the highschool team and got a scholarship to play basketball for another southern college. He generally takes it easy. He has come to Canada for a vacation with some friends.
GPMG

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:59 am

Name: Sunshine Galore Daisy Raindrop

Physical description: Quite small and thin. He has short black hair but with a longer swept fringe (to rebel against his long haired hippie parents) and dark brown eyes.
Clothing: Black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and a black hoody. He wears vans.
Hobbies: Writing angsty poetry, writing angsty blogs, looking angsty, angstily avoiding his parents.

Possessions: iPod, Diary, Razor Blade and a lighter.
Personality: Is often grumpy and wallows in self pity. He is not a great team member, preferring to work alone. Can get emotional under pressure.
History: His hippie parents ruined Sunshine's life by naming him. In an attempt to distance himself from their ways Sunshine decided to be as anti-hippie as possible - wearing dark clothes, avoiding happiness and regularly torching small plant life. He never made any friends because his parents moved around all the time in their hippie camper van and this added to Sunshine's angst. In order to try and persuade him to become a Hippie his parents brought him to the camp ground.
Del Arte

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

Name: Phonincible “Phoney” Bone

Physical description: 5’6”, 145 lbs. Yeah, yeah, he’s short, you don’t need to remind him, jerk. Eyes are brown, hair is black, but he appears to be balding. Has a unibrow.
Clothing: He wears a black shirt with a large gold star on the chest, khakis, some hiking boots, sunglasses, and a “casual” fedora.
Occupation: He runs a used car dealership, and is an-around “legitimate” businessman. Don’t you dare insinuate that the money he makes is dirty!
Hobbies: He likes counting his money, watching his money grow, straightening his money to get all the crinkles out, smoking fine Cuban cigars, and betting on horse races.

Possessions: A shovel, a map of the campground, some keys, and a wallet full of…you guessed it, money!
Personality: Phoney’s greedy, always looking to make a quick buck. No scam is beneath him, and no stray or fallen penny is outside of his grasp. He can be quite impatient and short-tempered when things don’t seem to go as planned, and downright cowardly when they go wrong. Though appearing to be largely self-centered, he does genuinely care about his two cousins, and many of his actions are rooted in their welfare.
History: Phoney started life in poverty, and often found himself caring for his two younger cousins, known as Fone and Smiley. He had to work hard in order to keep them fed and sheltered, and soon discovered that honest or legal means were not the most efficient ways to go about it, so thievery, scams, and cons were never below him. Nevertheless, he was able to eventually form his own business, but he’s never quite abandoned his scheming ways. They’ve caught up to him, though, and the government has since seized several of his assets, and many less than pleased individuals he’s scammed have since run him out of town. Thankfully, Phoney was prepared, and hid a stash of money here in Hairy Hills. He’s merely here to get it and be on his way. He was never one for the great outdoors, after all. Now…if only he could remember just where it was buried…
john palmer

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:44 am

Still waiting on the following for Character profiles. I'm not rushing anyone (we won't start early in any case), just reminding.

1. hircine21
2. Suffca
10. mrcrazy_monkey
13. Capital
15. Woolly
16. FateOrFatality
18. Donkey_Cavity
21. kyppeh
23. Webster52402

I can see that a lot of you are keeping things lighthearted with your characters.
Alina loves Alexandra

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:29 am

Eyes Mr. E

Capped at 30, huh? Seems like you're a couple short.

I think I'll take one of those, boys.
Jonathan Braz

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Eyes Mr. E

Capped at 30, huh? Seems like you're a couple short.

I think I'll take one of those, boys.

Mr.E

Which one of us do you think he's talking to?

Mr.E

I dunno. Do you know?

Mr.E

No clue

Mr.E

Cut it out! People will start to get suspicious!
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

Name: Herr Doktor Otto Willheimer Starkhelm von Hamster-lockern
Physical description: Relatively tall, and of rather intimidating appearance. Brown hair (although recently transmuting to grey at a rather alarming rate) and piercing blue eyes.
Clothing: Tends to wear a black leather trench-coat reminiscent of those of "The Matrix" fame.
Occupation: Was once a brilliant psychologist, now terrifies university students for a living.
Hobbies: Otto retains an intense fascination for people he meets; or more specifically, for the squishy organs nestled inside the skulls of the people he meets. Otto has a penchant for board games, a predisposition towards psychoactive drugs and a fondness for candlelit dinners and long walks along the beach.
Possessions: A thick journal, bound in soft leather. A number of expensive fountain pens. His latest book upon the nature of the human mind. Several strange and improbably-colored mushroom species, carefully concealed.
Personality: Otto has astonishing cognitive abilities, and an unsurpassed talent for deduction. He tends to be somewhat indecipherable to those around him, often frightening and fascinating his students with prolonged stares, scathing sarcasm, intense and unrelenting lectures and a tendency towards distraction. He is somewhat irritable and blunt, but is ultimately good-natured.
History: Otto was born ein Berliner, and lived in the city up until the time came to attend university. As a child he was somewhat detached from advlts and fellow children, preferring his own intellectual pursuits and company. As a result of this somewhat lonely and trouble childhood Otto developed an unhealthy interest in illicit and mind-altering substance, which coincided with his developing fascination with the human mind. After habitual abuse of various substances throughout his later high-school years Otto graduated regardless with an excellent score, and went on to study at a variety of top English and American universities, obtaining a PhD in the field of psychology. After an extended and influential (but not pain-free) career punctuated with ongoing experimentations into psychedelic and hallucinogenic drugs, Otto decided to settle down and accepted a position lecturing at a university. His choice of Hairy Hills as a campground for relaxation and "meditation" will perhaps prove, however, to be not as relaxing as he has anticipated.
Umpyre Records

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 am

Ahhh, last spot...

I'm so tempted to take it...so so tempted. Part of me wants to...the rest of me doesn't.

I better stay out of this one for fear of fading interest. I'd rather be left out than dead weight.
Sammykins

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Name: Jason
Physical description: 5'6'', 190 lbs fairly beef cake
Clothing: Jeans and several long sleeve tee-shirts, and an old hockey goalie mask. You know,one of those white ones.
Hobbies: Besides killing teenagers while they camp... I mean he likes to sell things to people with his killer info commercials. He really loves his job.
Possessions: Machete, rope, knife, hammer, a gun, beer, matches and a book.
Personality: Jason is down right insane, almost insane enough to be a killer. He loves to confuse people into paradoxes and will do anything for a laugh, yet his job which he loves is no laughing matter to him. Which is why he shows such motivation and determination when he seeks up on his unlikely victims and gives them the deal of their life. And that's why he is always so positive.
History: Very is little is know about Jason. He tends to keep his pass to himself. Which has made many authorities suspicions of him. However all of their cases has always come up empty handed, well not exactly. Many or should I say all of the cops do walk away with a wonderful timeshare of a mexican hotel for only 6 easy payments of $66.69.
des lynam

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:27 am

Name: Jason
[Snip]

:laugh: You're a brave man. I give you until day 5, as an absolute maximum.
El Goose

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 am

Name: Scruffy Scruffington the Janitor
Physical description: 6'0 220, slightly overweight, grey hair, comb shaped mustache,
Clothing: Dingy White T-shirt, An unbuttoned dark blue work shirt, faded blue jeans, brown hat.
Hobbies: Sweeping and Mopping, reading magazines, hammock lounging, making sangria in a toilet.
Possessions: Several dirty magazines, six pack of beer, ipod with headphones, wallet with three dollars, bag of lays potato chips.
Personality: Lazy, No work ethic, likes telling nonsensical stories, handles pressure by completely ignoring it, hard to anger, forgets peoples names easily and is quite forgettable himself, refers to himself in the third person.
History: Sleepwalked through life and became a janitor at a small package delivery company where he hardly works. His coworkers usually don't remember his name nor does he theirs so he usually has to introduce himself upon every meeting. Has come to the campgrounds because he has a lot of vacation days saved up.
Rinceoir

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:11 am

haha nice reference character. :biggrin:
Motionsharp

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:20 am

Scruffy believes in this camp *wipes misty eye*
WTW

PreviousNext

Return to Othor Games