Werewolves as random encounters

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Hello,

i know it has been discussed before, but i couldn't find an answer that convinced me.

Question is, with Dawnguard installed, do the werewolves random encounters only happen when your character is (or has been in the past) a werewolf? Do they trigger only if your character is a member of the Companions? Right now i'm playing as a level 47 Nord mage who's not a Companion (hell, she have never put a foot inside Jorrvaskr) and i still have to find any werewolves out in the wilderness. I know the thing with werewolves not spawning if you're not a werewolf yourself has something to do with preventing spoilers, but i still hope this is not true. I mean, why can i encounter vampires all over skyrim without being a vampire (even pre-dawnguard) and not a single werewolf? It doesn't make sense at all.

Any answer will be appreciate.
Your Mum

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Haha I remember this. I was the first to find out about it in the beta. That really got people excited.

As far as I know, there are no requirements for werewolves to appear. Different types depend on your level, however
Kevin S

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 pm

As far as I know, there are no requirements for werewolves to appear.

That's what i wanted to hear :).

Anyone else can confirm this?
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 am

That's what i wanted to hear :smile:.

Anyone else can confirm this?
I can only say this. I have 840 hours into Skyrim and 250 + hours with Dawnguard installed and I have yet to encounter a wild werewolf.
meg knight

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am

Werewolf encounters are pretty rare but they can happen at almost any level.
My lowest character found a wild wolf at level 23.

But according to UESP:
"The player must be at least the same level as the werewolf type for it to appear."
Werewolf - Level 1
Werewolf Brute - 6
Werewolf Savage - 12
Werewolf Skinwalker - 20
Werewolf Beastmaster - 28
Werewolf Vargr - 38
lexy

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 am

I just found this.

In the "random encounters" page of the uesp wiki it says you have to complete the Companions quest "proving honor" as a requirement for the random werewolves encounters to trigger. Dunno if this is true though.
Amelia Pritchard

Return to V - Skyrim