Why can't we give present to our Spouse?

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Valid question? I want to give my wife a necklace for RP purposes and she's not a follower so its impossible to do without getting my pickpocket to ridiculous levels for a mage character. We can give gifts to our children so why not our partner?
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 pm

I have no idea why we can’t, but I would like to see this feature added.
Marie Maillos

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Agreed. It would be a sweet little detail and a chance to repay them for the share in store and the homecooked meal :)
Annick Charron

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

I think that even if you get your pickpocket to a high enough level, they still won't wear what you want. The most you can do is replace the default weapon that they have equipped (if any) with a higher-level weapon, which can be done at any level by reverse-pickpocketing it into their inventory.
sas

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 am

Great idea it would be a nice addition.
GRAEME

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 am

Sounds a bit fableish but would be a nice addition.
matt white

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 pm

They would just try and sell it back to you.
Robyn Howlett

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 am

I want to give Sylgja something more fancy than those mining clothes!
Kill Bill

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 am

I wish she'd stop wearing the pickaxe around the house!
Karl harris

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 am

it sonds like it will/should be available, i would love to give my wife a wooden sword, and/or pearl knecklace
Marta Wolko

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:18 am

You built them a house and allowed them to marry the Dragonborn. What else do they need?

But it would be a nice feature to have.
Jonathan Braz

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 pm

I wish she'd stop wearing the pickaxe around the house!
Get a dagger that's steel or better, and crouch behind her while she's sleeping (makes it so it's harder to get caught). Pickpocket the dagger into her inventory, leave the house, and then re-enter, and she should equip the dagger over the pickaxe from then on.
stacy hamilton

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 am

My spouse ended up being naked after I switched out her old armor for a suit of Orcish. :lmao:

I agree being able to give spouses gifts would be cool.
FITTAS

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:35 am

I'd like to.

My spouse is also a follower (Marcurio), so I was able to trade some items like Destruction skill books and gems into his inventory, just for fun. It's not the same, though, as acknowledging it as a gift.
Nims

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Get a dagger that's steel or better, and crouch behind her while she's sleeping (makes it so it's harder to get caught). Pickpocket the dagger into her inventory, leave the house, and then re-enter, and she should equip the dagger over the pickaxe from then on.

I tried that with clothing but didn't think about the weapon. Thanks for the tip!
Andrew Perry

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 pm

QUOTE: My spouse ended up being naked after I switched out her old armor for a suit of Orcish.

Well, it doesn't get much clearer than that, does it? Time for some serious Lover's Comfort!
Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm

I'd like to.

My spouse is also a follower (Marcurio), so I was able to trade some items like Destruction skill books and gems into his inventory, just for fun. It's not the same, though, as acknowledging it as a gift.

I also have Marcurio as a spouse. He kept switching back to his original robes when I gave him 'Master' robes of destruction, so when he offered his Adept ones for sale I bought them thinking that would fix it. Now at home he's usually in his undies.
Jenna Fields

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 am

Yeah, really wanting to slap Aela when she tries to sell me things i put in my safe or even occasionally things I've spent embarrassing amounts of time placing as decoration.
Niisha

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 pm

I also have Marcurio as a spouse. He kept switching back to his original robes when I gave him 'Master' robes of destruction, so when he offered his Adept ones for sale I bought them thinking that would fix it. Now at home he's usually in his undies.

That's unfortunate - or not, depending on how you look at it ;) I think the game respawns NPCs' outfits when ALL their default apparel is taken, so if you just take his robes, he will walk around in his remaining apparel, which is just his boots. So you can force his original robes to respawn by taking his boots (make him follow you again and buy them off him). I tested it out on him just then and it seemed to have worked.

Btw if you want to replace his outfit, you have to give him something with an armor rating, as followers will only equip something with a higher armor rating than their default piece. (But he will revert to his adept robes when he's not following you.)
Horse gal smithe

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:29 pm

What? why would anyone want to change the fabulous marriage system in skyrim?
Rudi Carter

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Sensitive marital subject here, in fact! My only argument ever with Ysolda was over a wedding ring, of all things. After our marriage I gave it to her [PP style] as a token of apology. But... apology not accepted I guess.
JESSE

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 pm

That's unfortunate - or not, depending on how you look at it :wink: I think the game respawns NPCs' outfits when ALL their default apparel is taken, so if you just take his robes, he will walk around in his remaining apparel, which is just his boots. So you can force his original robes to respawn by taking his boots (make him follow you again and buy them off him). I tested it out on him just then and it seemed to have worked.

Btw if you want to replace his outfit, you have to give him something with an armor rating, as followers will only equip something with a higher armor rating than their default piece. (But he will revert to his adept robes when he's not following you.)

Didn't think about the boots, but you're right, he does wear those with the undies! LOL I'll try buying those too. I 'gave' him Master robes, and he will wear those 95% of the time following. Just seems like the other 5% is when it's hitting the fan!
Jordan Moreno

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 am

Great Idea! I would like to give my wife some sort of wedding ring, I'll enchant it with something restoration, and rename it "Wedding Ring" :D
Dan Scott

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 am

That's unfortunate - or not, depending on how you look at it :wink: I think the game respawns NPCs' outfits when ALL their default apparel is taken, so if you just take his robes, he will walk around in his remaining apparel, which is just his boots. So you can force his original robes to respawn by taking his boots (make him follow you again and buy them off him). I tested it out on him just then and it seemed to have worked.

OK, I have to say a big thanks, taking his boots worked, his original stuff respawned. Now I'll see if he uses the good stuff on the road or switches back and forth again.
FITTAS

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 pm

I mod my 360 saves on the pc so my Sylgja is wearing Nocturnals robes and a wedding wreath also took away her pickax and gave her a dragonbone dagger with the console so she never shifts back to her default gear. i've redressed half of Skyrim everyone in the Companions is wearing Ancient Nord Armor xD
[ becca ]

Return to V - Skyrim